How to get a job at AutoTrader.com.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Do you work at AutoTrader.com? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

piyo in Atlanta, Georgia

83 months ago

I went to AutoTrader job fair and met with couple of managers and director. That's how I get my job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Supraguy23 in Atlanta, Georgia

74 months ago

As you can tell from the comment above Autotrader doesn't hire bright people "That's how I get my job".? I mean honestly if you want a job with Autotrader it's real simple to understand. Get to know somebody within and make friends with Management because It's all who you know with this company and nothing else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JP Prime in Virginia

72 months ago

Stu Unger in Atlanta, Georgia said: If you play golf with any of the Regional Directors, your ok, otherwise you're pretty much a pawn in their quarterly chess game to squeeze out every possible dime of revenue that they can from this greedy place. The political brown nosing is truly something to behold. At the District sales level they have management with the people skills of prison guards. They will tell you anything to fill a sales position that you will soon realize is a nightmare.

Hysterical & true!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

undertrader in Atlanta, Georgia

69 months ago

JP Prime in Virginia said: Hysterical & true!

very true! I have heard nightmares from the salesforce.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ravenwolven in Tampa, Florida

66 months ago

I was working for Cruisin' Style magazine when they contacted ME looking for a graphic artist. The really wonderful part was that after I left CSM and went to AT, following the dangling carrot of unkept promises, they had the nerve to fire me. Thankfully CSM took me back.

Spare yourself the hassle and get a job elsewhere, preferably somewhere your talents are appreciated.

Auto Trader is a complete waste of time. If the things they promise to give you sounds too good to be true, that's because it is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.