WHY WILL AUTOZONE NOT REHIRE ME AFTER ALMOST TWO YEARS?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

ERIC SIDES in Douglasville, Georgia

88 months ago

IN DECEMBER OF 2005 I WAS TERMINATED FROM THIS COMPANY DUE TO LACK OF CONFIDENCE IN MY JOB. THIS ALL CAME ABOUT WHEN I WAS INJURED ON THE JOB PULLING A PALLET DOWN THE ROLLERS OF THE RACKS TO SELECT A PART FOR A STORE THAT I WAS ASSIGNED TO PICK FOR WHEN I FELL BACKWARDS ONTO A HOOK AT THE END OF THE ROLLERS.I THEN REPORTED THE ACCIDENT A DAY LATER AFTER HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY BACK AND WAS UNABLE TO WORK MY JOB. I THEN WAS SENT TO THE HOSPITAL FOR WORKERS COMPENSATION AND WAS RELEASED AND PUT ON LIGHT DUTY FOR 2 WEEKS. EVERYTHING SEEMED TO BE GOING FINE, SO I THOUGHT. THE DAY THAT I CAME OFF OF LIGHT DUTY I STARTED MY NORMAL ROUTINE BACK ALL OVER AGAIN, I WAS ASSIGNED A STORE AND STARTED PICKING ORDERS WHEN AROUND 9:30 A.M., OUR FIRST BREAK I WAS CALLED INTO THE OFFICE TO SIGN PAPERWORK FOR THE WORKERS COMPENSATION BENEFITS THAT I RECIEVED WHEN I WAS SENT TO THE HOSPITAL FOR TREATMENT, LITTLE DID I KNOW I WAS GOING INTO THE OFFICE TO SIGN MY TERMINATION PAPERS. EVEN AFTER I WAS TERMINATED A BALANCE FOR MY DOCTOR BILLS WAS REPORTED IN COLLECTIONS ON MY CREDIT BECAUSE THE COMPANY DID NOT PAY THE DOCTORS LIKE THEY SAID THEY WOULD. YES I COULD HAVE SUED BUT I DIDN'T AND NOW THEY TELL ME AFTER TWO YEARS THAT I CANNOT BE REHIRED WITH THEM FOR A TRUCK DRIVERS POSITION OPEN CURRENTLY AT THIS COMPANY IN LEXINGTON,TN. MY QUESTION IS WHY THAT IS? I HAVE THE CREDENTIALS FOR THE JOB WITH OVER A YEAR OVER THE ROAD. PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME LET ME KNOW, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE AN EXPLANATION.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

larryrosalez1940@yahoo.com in Montclair, California

86 months ago

I understand what your saying and the truth is that once you are hurt,they are liable for any future injuries that might accure and it could cost them a "WHOLE LOT OF MONEY"!!
I know it's hard to belive,but that is how the system works!!
Why take a chance that you could be hurt again.
I'm sorry,but that's about it. What you should of done,
was to talked to an attorney and then
he would of told you the system dosen't work the way we think it should!!

GOD BLESS YA and GOOD LUCK!!

Larry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ER in San Antonio, Texas

86 months ago

Eric, I am so sorry to hear what happened to you. Don't try to work for someone again who did you no favor. Man, they let you go after you got hurt on their clock. I know the job market is very tough, my friend. Look elesewhere for employment. Good luck too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

c.kremm in Mountain Home, Arkansas

18 months ago

that is big business with to much power, that is why people have to get rid of the right to work states ,which mostly down in them southern states.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

upinya in Crawfordsville, Indiana

12 months ago

ERIC SIDES in Douglasville, Georgia said: IN DECEMBER OF 2005 I WAS TERMINATED FROM THIS COMPANY DUE TO LACK OF CONFIDENCE IN MY JOB. THIS ALL CAME ABOUT WHEN I WAS INJURED ON THE JOB PULLING A PALLET DOWN THE ROLLERS OF THE RACKS TO SELECT A PART FOR A STORE THAT I WAS ASSIGNED TO PICK FOR WHEN I FELL BACKWARDS ONTO A HOOK AT THE END OF THE ROLLERS.I THEN REPORTED THE ACCIDENT A DAY LATER AFTER HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY BACK AND WAS UNABLE TO WORK MY JOB. I THEN WAS SENT TO THE HOSPITAL FOR WORKERS COMPENSATION AND WAS RELEASED AND PUT ON LIGHT DUTY FOR 2 WEEKS. EVERYTHING SEEMED TO BE GOING FINE, SO I THOUGHT. THE DAY THAT I CAME OFF OF LIGHT DUTY I STARTED MY NORMAL ROUTINE BACK ALL OVER AGAIN, I WAS ASSIGNED A STORE AND STARTED PICKING ORDERS WHEN AROUND 9:30 A.M., OUR FIRST BREAK I WAS CALLED INTO THE OFFICE TO SIGN PAPERWORK FOR THE WORKERS COMPENSATION BENEFITS THAT I RECIEVED WHEN I WAS SENT TO THE HOSPITAL FOR TREATMENT, LITTLE DID I KNOW I WAS GOING INTO THE OFFICE TO SIGN MY TERMINATION PAPERS. EVEN AFTER I WAS TERMINATED A BALANCE FOR MY DOCTOR BILLS WAS REPORTED IN COLLECTIONS ON MY CREDIT BECAUSE THE COMPANY DID NOT PAY THE DOCTORS LIKE THEY SAID THEY WOULD. YES I COULD HAVE SUED BUT I DIDN'T AND NOW THEY TELL ME AFTER TWO YEARS THAT I CANNOT BE REHIRED WITH THEM FOR A TRUCK DRIVERS POSITION OPEN CURRENTLY AT THIS COMPANY IN LEXINGTON,TN. MY QUESTION IS WHY THAT IS? I HAVE THE CREDENTIALS FOR THE JOB WITH OVER A YEAR OVER THE ROAD. PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME LET ME KNOW, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE AN EXPLANATION.

Cause this company suck big o dick!

upinya in Crawfordsville, Indiana

12 months ago

This company sucks!!!! Plain & simple!

Raven1000 in Clearwater, Florida

3 months ago

I'm with you upinya!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.