HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!!! UNFAIR LABOR PRACTICES!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

BJD1X in Rogers, Arkansas

16 months ago

HORRIBLE ENVIROMENT, BAD TRAINING (MOSTLY PRE-WRITTEN SCRIPS FOR SELLING),
OLD TECHNOLOGY (DOS COMPUTERS), HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT. HOLDS YOU ACCOUNTABLE FOR KEEPING UP A CERTAIN QUOTA..
AND LET ME TALK ABOUT THIER WRITTEN DREACHING THE EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT... OH THEY PROMISED $75 PER WEEK FOR 6 PAY CHECKS AND $500 INTUITIVE BONUS AFTER ONE YEAR, AFTER I HAD BEEN WORKING THERE FOR TWO WEEKS, I GET CALLED INTO THE OFFICE A VERABLY TOLD THAT..."WE ARE NOT GIVING THOSE INCENTIVES OR BONUS OUT ANY LONGER. BUT HEY DON'T WORRY I'VE GOT LEGAL COUNCEL LOOKING INTO IT. CUSTOMERS ARE FOOLED BY THEIR DECEPTIVE SELLING AND MISSLEADING CUSTOMERS. THEY WILL UPSELL YOU WITHOUT THE CUSTOMER EVEN KNOWING IT... NOT GOOD!!!!! UNFAIR LABOR PRACTICES!!!

DO NOT RECOMMED THIS COMPANY TO WORK OR RENT FROM THEM.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

BJD1X in Rogers, Arkansas

16 months ago

Breached... Sorry Typos

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Buffalo, New York

10 months ago

As a current Rental Sales Agent its hard to tell the truth about this company's dishonest labor practices. It's run like a fly-by-night business. Corporate "policy" is whatever the Manager On Duty says it is at that moment and rarely is it ever consistent. "If you're not happy, with unemployment at 8-9%, maybe you should find something else to do!"

That's Avis Corporate attitude and a direct quote from one of their "listening meetings". They put on a good game face but their bottom line is to lie, cheat and steal as much as they can from you, the "human" resource. When their done using you, they'll replace you with some other unsuspecting victim.

If you want a job that pays you on your performance, go elsewhere. Their "sales incentive program" is a guessing game, even when you ask them. Hard numbers are impossible to verify and you'll find they've designed it that way intentionally. When someone did confront the management team about their misrepresentations, they were told, "Avis can just make it your job and end the program entirely."

It's a great cashier's job if you're in high school and still live at home with Mom & Pop. Don't expect to make this into a career, they won't let you. Beware of the empty promises and claims of great bonuses. If you think you're a great sales person, ask them what the average monthly payout is for the location you're applying at. Proof is in the pudding. Don't ever expect to make more than 1-3% on the additional revenue you bring the company. Keep that number in mind when negotiating your hourly wage. Keep in mind the slower seasons when you aren't busy. You'll find yourself scraping by just to pay the rent, forget about that vacation time, you won't have any funds to do anything but sit at home waiting for it to end. That's if you're allowed to get more than 3 days in a row off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BJ in Rogers, Arkansas

10 months ago

I totally Agree. I sued this company for their Breach of Employment Agreement...And
I WON! Also the Labor Board informed me that this Avis/Budget Rental location investigated several times for their unfair Practices.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shawn in Tempe, Arizona

2 months ago

So I am currently looking at joining the rental car industry but I am hearing some horror stories about damn near every company that is hiring. I even found lawsuits pending against these companies for unfair treatment to their workers. I get that most rental car jobs must suck, but I have heard some crazy stuff! Crap like off-the-clock work, unpaid overtime, no lunches or breaks? This is asinine if these companies get away with stuff like that. Can anyone here vouch for these unfair practices?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.