Badger Daylighting Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Badger Daylighting?

What do you like best about working at Badger Daylighting? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

former employee in Etobicoke, Ontario

13 months ago

They start at $18 to $20 per hour for the "operating" wage. But BEWARE, if you are hired by a man named Scott Gaudun he will leave out the most important piece of information that will affect your decision to sign up or not. You only get the quoted rate while you are actually working (operating) on the customers site. That means all the time getting the truck ready, driving to get water, driving to get fuel, driving to the job site, driving to the dump site, stuck in traffic is all paid at $11.25 per hour (driving rate). That's right, it's common to spend %50 to %70 of your day earning just above minimum wage. When you ask him about it he'll say it was an error on his part and/or that he knew the driving rate was lower but not by that much. This is from a man whose been there near a decade. In my case I earned more on unemployment, about %40 of what I was making at the job I had left. There is also the push to become an "independent operator" which is like being an owner operator without having to buy the truck. They wont tell you (at least not before you quit your current job) that to become one you'll need around %10,000 in cash to float your business and hire an employee. They come off as very professional but too much is left out when you commit. Management drive around in unmarked pickups keeping tabs on crews. Don't expect a home base situation either. You may be expected to find a place to park your truck. As well as spending hours doing maintenance on it that you'd expect a mechanic to be doing. This is also paid at the driving rate. For these reasons I don't recommend working at Badger Daylighting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

CL in Yonkers, New York

7 months ago

So they expect you to become an "independent operator", put $10k down and NOT own the truck? What's the down payment for...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

STEELTOWN in Hamilton, Ontario

3 months ago

former employee in Etobicoke, Ontario said: They start at $18 to $20 per hour for the "operating" wage. But BEWARE, if you are hired by a man named Scott Gaudun he will leave out the most important piece of information that will affect your decision to sign up or not. You only get the quoted rate while you are actually working (operating) on the customers site. That means all the time getting the truck ready, driving to get water, driving to get fuel, driving to the job site, driving to the dump site, stuck in traffic is all paid at $11.25 per hour (driving rate). That's right, it's common to spend %50 to %70 of your day earning just above minimum wage. When you ask him about it he'll say it was an error on his part and/or that he knew the driving rate was lower but not by that much. This is from a man whose been there near a decade. In my case I earned more on unemployment, about %40 of what I was making at the job I had left. There is also the push to become an "independent operator" which is like being an owner operator without having to buy the truck. They wont tell you (at least not before you quit your current job) that to become one you'll need around %10,000 in cash to float your business and hire an employee. They come off as very professional but too much is left out when you commit. Management drive around in unmarked pickups keeping tabs on crews. Don't expect a home base situation either. You may be expected to find a place to park your truck. As well as spending hours doing maintenance on it that you'd expect a mechanic to be doing. This is also paid at the driving rate. For these reasons I don't recommend working at Badger Day lighting.
I AGREE WITH EVERTHING THIS MAN IS SAYING ALL IS TRUE IM EXPERIENCING MYSELF AT THIS MOMENT VERY DIS HONEST COMPANY WORKED HERE OVER 15 YRS AGO AND ENJOYED IT RAN MUCH DIFFERENTLY NOW A BUNCH OF SNAKES ALL THE MANAGMENT..THANK GOD FOR THE 3 NEW INTERVIEWS TODAY CAUSE IM OUTTA THERE.. DO NOT APPY THERE...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.