Baker Hughes Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Baker Hughes?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Eric, Charlottesville, VA in Littleton, Colorado

50 months ago

it really depends on what position you apply to at baker hughes, their entry level field engineers, are essentially glorified technicians who somehow made it through college, I was with a group of 22 people who were mostly masters students, some undergrads who contributed very little and who's expertise was in raising their voice on inconsequential topics, now if you guessed the master's students got most of the positions available, you would be wrong. The absolutely entry level no experience undergraduates got most of the positions, they essentially look for presentable, young and not too motivated engineers to fill the position. If you got into engineering to actually engineer don't bother applying to this position, FE I pays 46k/yr period, far below what is expected, and you can't fake trying hard stupid. Anyway, I'm not kidding about this, the most motivated guy at our gigantic interview was a petroleum engineer, they didn't hire him because he had a family and was close to 30. I'm not saying don't consider the position, but more accutately don't think they'll consider you for the position if you're over 25 and have started to settle down. I even showed them I had methods of measuring through cracks in pipes, which caught all eight interviewer's attention which nobody else did at our panel interview and they didn't even think about hiring me because I liked going above and beyond. You could actually sum it up as, they'll want to hire you as a Field Engineer IF; you better be dumb enough to think 46k is what you're worth (i.e. bs in presentations gather little content, don't ask technical questions as the guys interviewing you are quite possibly experienced but much more technician than engineer) and presentable enough so they can sell you to clients, do your hair right, practice your presentation, etc.

Anyway to give you an example of who was hired in our 22 person field engineer interview, the list goes
undergrad x 12

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

SLO in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

26 months ago

HI ERIC, HOW DO U MEASURE THROUGH CRACK PIPES... PLEASE CAN YOU SEND ME YOUR E-MAIL?.. DID LIKE TO LEARN A LITTLE SOMETHING

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.