Email Job Offer?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Mrs. Austin in Northfield, Ohio

107 months ago

My husband was told that he'd get an email response soon as to whether or not he's hired. He went for the first and second interview already. Is this a normal procedure to make a job offer by email? Or do they only decline applicants by email?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

107 months ago

Any thoughts?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Stamford, Connecticut

107 months ago

Employers today do whatever they want to do. If your husband is unemployed, he should not wait around for any employer to respond.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in West Palm Beach, Florida

107 months ago

Bank of America usually takes several days to even respond to their own customers via e-mail so just be patient.

I do not know specifics of their hiring procedure but in a case where any company has interviewed a client it wouldn't be inappropriate to shoot them an e-mail concerning the details after that point.

I once was offered a position through an agency via e-mail in response to a resume submitted. They told me to show up at the client's door at a certain date and time and I had the interview. Shortly thereafter, I got a mail asking how much I wanted to be paid. The next mail said for me to start the next Monday but to come by the agency office the next day and fill out the paperwork.

In essence, I got hired without even meeting the agency manager in person until I went to sign documents.

E-mail is fast becoming the preferred method of communication in such cases simply because there can be a record of what was said on both sides of the conversation.

107 months ago

Thanks everyone. I just don't want us to get our hopes up you know? He already has a job but this Bank of America job is something we've been waiting for forever! We have a baby due next month and it would really help to receive this job which pays more.

I just had never heard of getting a job offer by email but I've heard of people getting denied an offer by email numerous times.

Charlie in West Palm Beach, Florida

107 months ago

Mrs. Austin in Northfield, Ohio said: I just had never heard of getting a job offer by email but I've heard of people getting denied an offer by email numerous times.

I know what you mean. I am 64 and this new e-mail communication is different from what I have been used to all my life. I have always been in the computer field, though, so I understand how it all works. The difference is just the new convention.

At one time, dial telephone was seen as inappropriate for doing business because people were used to having business meetings of any kind in a face to face situation. Now we use e-mail and that long awaited dream of the videophone is just around the corner. Today, you can sit in on a meeting around a table and have a meeting that is just as effective and productive as though you were actually at the table even if the physical table is somewhere in Japan.

Basically, once you have met someone in person (interviewer or friend) e-mails are an acceptible way of communicating in all sorts of situations. I do most of my business communication via e-mail unless I simply MUST be there in person for some reason like signing a document or having actual hands on a piece of equipment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Norman Harris in Brea, California

104 months ago

Mrs. Austin in Northfield, Ohio said: My husband was told that he'd get an email response soon as to whether or not he's hired. He went for the first and second interview already. Is this a normal procedure to make a job offer by email? Or do they only decline applicants by email?

Bank of America does not make job offers via email. A member of our staffing team contacts potential hires via phone, verbally reviews offer followed up with a job offer letter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.