"An investigation into your background and verification of your education and employment history is required."

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Amy in Saint Petersburg, Florida

53 months ago

I just got a job at BOA handling money(teller) and I have no idea if they do a credit check, but I just filed bancrupcy own several hospital bills and so on. And I got hired. So I don`t think they did a credit check. I heard only do credit check on those who handle big monatary transaction( personal banker, finacial advisers...)Hope I helped.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mom1157 in Spring Hill, Florida

42 months ago

I received an offer pending a satisfactory background check for the call center. I had a bankruptcy in 2009 but everything else(criminal...etc) is good. Are you still working there? They really didn't do a credit check? I've been a nervous wreck wondering because my current employer is asking me for a commitment on my cutting back on my shifts. I don't want to give shifts away and then find out my offer was rescinded. Then I'm out two jobs! LOL! Not to mention that I don't want to have to tell people why it was rescinded:( Please respond. I just need some piece of mind because people are saying they don't do credit checks but I read somewhere that they check for bankruptcies. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dragnet in Mesa, Arizona

42 months ago

mom1157 in Spring Hill, Florida said: I received an offer pending a satisfactory background check for the call center. I had a bankruptcy in 2009 but everything else(criminal...etc) is good. Are you still working there? They really didn't do a credit check? I've been a nervous wreck wondering because my current employer is asking me for a commitment on my cutting back on my shifts. I don't want to give shifts away and then find out my offer was rescinded. Then I'm out two jobs! LOL! Not to mention that I don't want to have to tell people why it was rescinded:( Please respond. I just need some piece of mind because people are saying they don't do credit checks but I read somewhere that they check for bankruptcies. Thanks.

They DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT care about bankruptcy. I had a friend go through the background check literally less then one month after her BK was complete. They do not care. They are a bank and understand what bankruptcy is for and that it doesn't get mean you pay a fee to get out of paying debt. They understand you had to qualify, you did because of valid hardship.

Keep in mind...they don't even drug test OR look at credit. They pull credit to see if you have any legal judgments and if you have a current, open, bad debt with them.

Good luck. I'm going through it now and I wish that was all I had to worry about :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.