What kind of work background check does BofA do?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (301 to 350 of 539)
Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

keeping it real in Huntersville, North Carolina

42 months ago

MK in Hoboken, New Jersey said: Thank you for your responses. Like i said i've been arrested about 7 years ago, never convicted and never for stealing or anything along those lines. My recruiter said she would inform me this week when the results are back. However, I never disclosed the arrests simply because it only asked if i've ever been convicted, to which i responded, NO. I keep reading on here people saying be upfront, but i was always told to only answer what is asked. Any thoughts?

btw- your results should back by tomorrow. if you have not received a call from an investigator then you should be fine. Regardless, if they have an issue with you background (e.g arrest) they WILL call you. In other words, no call from the corporate security is good news. Good Luck

p.s they would've called you by today if there was a problem unless you were arrested for a felony, then they will automatically disqualify you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MK in Hoboken, New Jersey

42 months ago

keeping it real in Huntersville, North Carolina said: btw- your results should back by tomorrow. if you have not received a call from an investigator then you should be fine. Regardless, if they have an issue with you background (e.g arrest) they WILL call you. In other words, no call from the corporate security is good news. Good Luck

p.s they would've called you by today if there was a problem unless you were arrested for a felony, then they will automatically disqualify you.

I did my fingerprints last thursday, 3-31-11. Im confident i passed it, its just nerve racking because of the possibilty i could fail though. thank you for your advice.

42 months ago

MK in Hoboken, New Jersey said: I did my fingerprints last thursday, 3-31-11. Im confident i passed it, its just nerve racking because of the possibilty i could fail though. thank you for your advice.

Oh yeah! You're good... Now go and knock'em dead with your unique skill-set!

Congratulations!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

I sure hope so. I'm still waiting to hear from my recruiter.

jgurl in Saint Petersburg, Florida

42 months ago

Sandee Dee in Charlotte, North Carolina said: @ jgurl - you definitely need to call the background person back immediately. If you don't, then they start going down different paths to try to find the answer they're looking for and may find something completely different that starts a whole new line of questioning. I have two friends that went through the process - one was hired by BofA, the other wasn't. The one hired called the BG lady back the same day and the other waited three days. The reasons for the call were relatively the same, something they noted about a job (not at a bank) on the application sparked a question. When the not hired one didn't call her back quickly, the BG lady started searching and found the person's old employer (the company had closed) who gave the wrong hire dates and the reason why the person left. The old employer was under investigation about fraudulent activities at the closed company, so he was lying to cover his tracks.

thanks alot for the feedback! I was talking about the recruiter , I am not really worried about the background check because i was completely truthful , and honest , she stressed to us at the interview about honesty on the background check regardless of the components , its my recruiter i am talking about i haven't spoken to her in almost two weeks i am beginning to lose faith lol

Nicole Sanders in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

42 months ago

I have an interview for bofa tomorrow. I've very worried. I have never been in trouble with the law but i do have some out standing parking tickets.. And at my last job i took a personal leave meaning I said hey i need some time i get 30 unpaid off and then i get to say if i do or do not want to come back. While doing this they sent me a letter stating that i have not finished the correct paper work and they are looking at that as a no call no show. My old boss has written me a letter of rec. to give to bofa and told me to list him as a point of contact and not hr but i dunno what hr is going to say. they woman that called from bofa was very scary she asked questions that wasn't simple to answer and as i would answer shes cut me off... i felt like i was over talking her which also scares me... the only other thing is i have really bad credit.. and i dunno if i have any credit from one of bofa sister companies... what should i do should i worry?

Sandee Dee in Charlotte, North Carolina

42 months ago

@ jgurl - If it was your recruiter then you're good. Those recruiters are incredibly busy because a lot of them were laid off & in this economy, they are getting triple the amount of applications/resumes. If you have a start date, then go in - more than likely you're hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

Nicole Sanders in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: I have an interview for bofa tomorrow. I've very worried. I have never been in trouble with the law but i do have some out standing parking tickets.. And at my last job i took a personal leave meaning I said hey i need some time i get 30 unpaid off and then i get to say if i do or do not want to come back. While doing this they sent me a letter stating that i have not finished the correct paper work and they are looking at that as a no call no show. My old boss has written me a letter of rec. to give to bofa and told me to list him as a point of contact and not hr but i dunno what hr is going to say. they woman that called from bofa was very scary she asked questions that wasn't simple to answer and as i would answer shes cut me off... i felt like i was over talking her which also scares me... the only other thing is i have really bad credit.. and i dunno if i have any credit from one of bofa sister companies... what should i do should i worry?

Try not to worry,but I know its hard.However, I'm a little confuse...you said that you're going to an interview tomorrow, yet they're already doing a background check Or were you talking to a recruiter?

The only thing that may be somewhat of an issue is what has the HR department released to Bofa, you know? Hopefully, the Bofa HR rep will give you an opportunity to explain situation and allow you to submit the document. regarding the bad credit, they do hire with bad credit unless you have outstanding bounce check(s)/or charged with a bad check.

I've read that have rescind many offers when the employment background check didn't meet requirements. Meanwhile, you should be able to call your recruiter and ask e

Jenny Lam in San Francisco, California

42 months ago

Hi all,
I had passed the first round of background check and got a job offer, and when i did a finger print the second round of background check came back unsatisfactory due to i had a misdemeanor 10 years ago about using my friend's id. The case has been dismissed and the record had cleared so i thought i didn't had to disclose that. The HR guy told me there's a appeal process, the manager at boa is very helpful and said he still wants to hire me, but now is waiting for corporate security to overwrite it, does anybody know about the process of appeal and is boa very strict about it and won't give an exception?

42 months ago

Not sure about the appeal process, try searching for it. I just got a call from my recruiter saying my Fingerprints came back satisfactory. I've been arrested 3 times in my life, never convicted though. (sounds like bs but really i was wrongfully arrested twice and won in court). My start date is April 18. I'm excited to start something new.

jgurl in Saint Petersburg, Florida

42 months ago

Sandee Dee in Charlotte, North Carolina said: @ jgurl - If it was your recruiter then you're good. Those recruiters are incredibly busy because a lot of them were laid off & in this economy, they are getting triple the amount of applications/resumes. If you have a start date, then go in - more than likely you're hired.

hey, thanks again , i have no clue what to do next because i haven't been able to get in contact with her the only thing i have done was the group interview, i dont have start a date, i am starting to think that i should contact the other recruiter who initially contacted me about the group interview, i am so concerned now, i am going to just wait and hope for the best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mel in Avondale, Pennsylvania

42 months ago

I'm not sure if this will help but when I had a fingerprint through the FBI with BofA everything came up as no record found but since i disclosed a misdemeaner from 10 years ago they denied me the job. So basically if i was not honest it would have showed up as no record.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anxious in Little Elm, Texas

42 months ago

@keeping it real. Great information! Question about the process - Up until my most recent employer I have never been terminated. Starting the application process with BOFA and wondering if this will be a reason to reject. Job is a Corp IT Mgmt position, not handling transactions, money...etc. Chances are I would not even have direct access to the systems at this level. Many years of job history and always passed background, drug, criminal and credit checks. Reading this board has me concerned due to the recent termination. Any thoughts or comments?

41 months ago

Anxious in Little Elm, Texas said: @keeping it real. Great information! Question about the process - Up until my most recent employer I have never been terminated. Starting the application process with BOFA and wondering if this will be a reason to reject. Job is a Corp IT Mgmt position, not handling transactions, money...etc. Chances are I would not even have direct access to the systems at this level. Many years of job history and always passed background, drug, criminal and credit checks. Reading this board has me concerned due to the recent termination. Any thoughts or comments?

If you were terminated for ANY pertaining to misconduct then you you will get a call from an investigator(not good). I would ask him/her if there's any questions or issues they have so you can explain before you hang up the phone. If, and that's if, you wer terminated involuntary and its recorded in the companies file or your supervisor verify the reason for separation, then I would just hope for the best and expect the worse.

Remember, they are only going to review your employment history for the last 5 years.

41 months ago

Anxious in Little Elm, Texas said: @keeping it real. Great information! Question about the process - Up until my most recent employer I have never been terminated. Starting the application process with BOFA and wondering if this will be a reason to reject. Job is a Corp IT Mgmt position, not handling transactions, money...etc. Chances are I would not even have direct access to the systems at this level. Many years of job history and always passed background, drug, criminal and credit checks. Reading this board has me concerned due to the recent termination. Any thoughts or comments?

Correction:

If you were terminated for ANYTHING pertaining to misconduct then you'll probably get a call from an investigator(not good). I would ask him/her if they still have any questions and/or issues after their interrogation before hanging up the phone. This way you can address them at that time. Example: They may ask they you give something in writing to support your claim. Again, you'll have an opportunity to rectify the problem before the case is close.

Bottom line- If, and that's if, you were terminated involuntarily and its recorded or your supervisor can verify the reason for separation, then I would just pray for the best but expect the worse.

Remember, they are only going to review your employment history for the last 5 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

FLMANN in Jacksonville, Florida

41 months ago

Mel in Avondale, Pennsylvania said: I'm not sure if this will help but when I had a fingerprint through the FBI with BofA everything came up as no record found but since i disclosed a misdemeaner from 10 years ago they denied me the job. So basically if i was not honest it would have showed up as no record.

Mel what was the charge?

41 months ago

I did my fingerprints and a week later they requested for me to do the ASI form, but my concern is I was arrested for driving with a suspended license should i be worried?

41 months ago

FLMANN in Jacksonville, Florida said: I did my fingerprints and a week later they requested for me to do the ASI form, but my concern is I was arrested for driving with a suspended license should i be worried?

No- You will be fine!

Mel in Avondale, Pennsylvania

41 months ago

FLMANN in Jacksonville, Florida said: Mel what was the charge?

underage Drinking at my frat

41 months ago

Does anyone know exactly how long it takes the ASI form results to come back?

jgurl in Largo, Florida

41 months ago

good news , i got a call from my recruiter and i have a interview with the bank manager on thurs, wish me luck, i filled out the background check and let them know that i was ineligible for rehire , but i hope that does not inhibit me , wish me luck :)

41 months ago

keeping it real in Huntersville, North Carolina said: No- You will be fine!

How long doe it take for the ASI form to come back?

indeed forums in Florida

41 months ago

i want to apply for a job at BOA as an analyst in NYC. i currently work for Wells Fargo in the retail banking industry as a Personal Banker. I have a couple years of management experience as well with another non-bank related industry.

I do have a DUI that was lowered to a reckless driving charge. any idea if this will affect my prospect of landing a job with BOA???

In addition to the reckless driving.. once i fulfill my fine and comm service requirements, it is going to be sealed.. will i have to disclose this to the employer as well?

am i qualified for an analyst position with a college degree (science field) and banking experience??? any input would be greatly appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dlee in San Rafael, California

41 months ago

What is the situation with credit checks? I have an offer for a senior IT position but I have a tax lien (which I am arguing with the IRS over.) and really bad credit in general. Other than the tax lien, I have little debt but a past history of collections and bankruptcy which have been several years. I can explain everything. I told my recruiter and now she is worried. Everything else is great.

SBiz in BTown, California

41 months ago

@FLMANN: From this forum it seems like it usually takes around 2 weeks. Can be faster if there are no issues, but if there are some flags it may even take longer.

@indeed in Florida: From the people I don't think it is an issue that your degree is in a science field, especially cause you have the experience. I remember reading somewhere that they are open minded to people outside of business degrees.

@dlee: I'm not sure if they will do a credit check. I believe it depends on your position. I was offered a position, they have done an employment verification, address verification, and criminal check, but never ran my credit. After I submitted my employment/address verification, my recruiter said they would not require anything else from me.

Now to my question: I submitted my ASI/EVV last week. I got a call yesterday saying there was a red flag, since they were not able to verify one of my employers. The lady I talked to worked for Bofa. At the end of the day she called me again and said she went ahead and approved me. I asked her if my information now went to a third party or outside company for verification, and she said she has no idea what happens after she does her part. Does this mean that they are done with the EVV or is it going to an outside company? I was under the impression that their security portal was an outsourced agency. Still waiting to hear back from my recruiter.

sunnyday in Alhambra, California

40 months ago

Hi, I applied for the teller position at bofa a few weeks ago and I passed the group interview. the recruiter said she's gonna send me employment history to the corporate and once it's done, i'll be schedule to a second interview. I got a automated voicemail from the corporate few days ago and sth like "gmc" is completed and asked me to call a 1 866 #, I wasn't able to save the number and the caller ID is unknown. I called the recruiter about this and she said corporate would notice her if it's completed. I'm worried because it's been a few weeks and I'm thinking I really need to call that #. does anybody know what # it is ? thanks

edazz307 in Troy, Virginia

40 months ago

I am going to be fingerprinted tomorrow, and I have completed the ASI employment and education verification. I received my offer on April 30 and have a start date of July 5. However, I am stressed because 4 years ago I was charged with a misdemeanor "unauthorized use of a vehicle" because I was house sitting for a family, was under the impression I was to drive their car but upon their return they claimed I was not supposed to. My lawyer instructed that I should plead guilty, which I did, because there was no formal documentation on either end. There was no damage to the car, it was simply a misunderstanding and I was made an example out of because I was a big name local athlete. When I talked to someone who used to work in their HR she said she didn't think they would be too concerned because it literally sounded like I was young and drove a car, but when you google "unauthorized use of a vehicle" it comes up as a breach of trust which would terminate their offer.

I am so incredibly stressed about the background check because I am having to seriously relocate for this position and no one can tell me whether or not they think my offer will be rescinded. Pleaseee help me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

SBiz in BTown, California

40 months ago

Edazz, you should be alright, as long as you were honest on the ASI. What's done is done, so jst try to survive the net couple of weeks haha. I submitted my Verification on a Friday, got a call the following monday/tuesday because their security portal had some questions. The very next week I called my recruiter and she said all my info was good and I passed the screening. I was stressing big too, because I have to relocate.

InOZm in Vienna, Virginia

40 months ago

I have a question, and I apologize if it has been asked several times already, but how does BofA do their employment screenings? Do they simply call the number provided for previous employers? How would something "come up" if you don't disclose? I'm curious.

ArcadiaBob in Houston, Texas

40 months ago

I finaly finished the EEV, I9 and numerous checks after weeks of work. One thing has never been brought up is a pre employment drug screen. I see that they can ask for one in my contract but I just assumed this would be done at such a massive firm. Is it actualy possible they dont test or just do it selectivly? Very odd regardless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

angie in Alvarado, Texas

40 months ago

I just applied with BofA and I don't have a background....my purse was stolen and checks written in my name back in 2001. I followed all procedures...called the police (gave the name of the indiviuals) , filed a report with the bank and closed all accounts. I was later contacted by the DA regarding some checks that were written in my name. I went down to see them and they realized some of the checks hadn't cleared when the new account was opened. They also saw the checks that wa written by the person who stole my purse. I was only told to pay what I had written and hadn't cleared. Do you think that would stop me from being hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Monet in Dallas, Texas

40 months ago

At BOA when they background check do they count pending criminal charges ?? Cause I got hired at Capital One with a pending charge but I haven`t been convicted of anything . It`s the same charge and now I`m just waiting to do a memo agreement to have it dismissed .

RonB in Rolling Meadows, Illinois

40 months ago

I worked at a larger bank and was a registered rep with my FINRA licenses but was fired for a silly reason. I am now applying to other institutions, but none of the positions I'm applying for require licenses. Will my potential new employer be able to find out if/why i was let go? I know it shows up on your u-5, but if my new position doesn't require licenses and i don't disclose my previous licenses, will they be able to obtain this info? I don't know if they'll check regardless to see if i was licensed or if it just shows up during a background check. I was a model employee at the firm for years, got along great with my boss and was very successful at my job, so I'm not worried about my potential new employer contacting my old one... I'm just hoping I don't miss out on an opportunity at this new bank bc they pull my u-5 and see this without me disclosing my termination

thanks in advance for your guys' help!

Candy A in Junction City, Oregon

40 months ago

Ok, so glad I found this thread, I was offered a job with chase. However, can someone help me, I am stressed only because I worry too much and will be relocating for this position and moving my family, etc. I filled out honestly that in 1998 i had reckless driving, attempt to elude, etc. 1998, will this bar me and them rescind the offer??? I have to wait until a certain date to do the fingerprints, not concerned about drug test at all. But the reckless driving was reduced to misdeameanor tx, etc I am a voter. Please give advice, I am so stressed.

HR Lady in Mckinney, Texas

40 months ago

BOA runs an ASI (Applicant Screening Investigation) check after they call you to verify your employment. Here is how to pass the ASI:
1. They MUST have employment dates within a month of accuracy - not negotiable

2. Gaps in employment MUST BE explained (they don't care why, just explain it correctly making sure you have that information within a months timeframe or they will view you as being dishonest)

3. Were you terminated? Answer truthfully. This does not mean you won't pass. Check to see what your previous employer will say about you. By the way, a company may not be able to SAY anything about you but they can answer 'yes or no' to, "Would you ever rehire this person?"

EXCEPTIONS TO THIS (on a Professional level) ARE: if you were fired for fraud, money laundering, theft or deception (anything money related).

EXCEPTIONS TO THIS (on a Personal level)ARE: if you personally wrote hot checks and were convicted of it. In some cases, if you defaulted on your home loan, they will disqualify you especially if it was a BOA loan.

You can go to your Social Security office to get employers but you will still have to provide the dates, and there may be a fee for five years. The SS office is the main supplier of the employer information for ASI but there are others as well. Pay stubs can also help.

FINGERPRINTING - should only take 24 - 48 hours

They ask you about your criminal record on the same screen as the employment information you give. However, the two items (employment verification & criminal history are two different investigations. You must make yourself available if the ASI person calls you so you can answer their questions quickly. Otherwise, you may miss an opportunity to go to the next step.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

HR Lady in Allen, Texas

40 months ago

BOA doesn't know what First Advantage screens for on the criminal background check. Additionally, they can't even tell you why you failed and will give you a number to call. The criminal conviction should never be for fraud, money laundering, or money related (robberies, theft, hot checks, etc). BOA Recruiters will leave it up to you if you want to pursue the criminal check. The best thing is to give all the information so they don't perceive you as being deceptive.
Further, if you are employed pending the criminal check and you have a criminal background, you have a good chance of being let go. Generally, BOA will only hire definite Satisfactory employees.

I do know they can check any MySpace or Facebook accounts so you should keep those clean as well.

They do not do credit checks but in some cases (depending on the job you apply for) like Home Loan and Insurance, they HAVE to check to see if you have defaulted on any loans.

Be sure to list ALL EMPLOYMENT, even if you only worked there for an hour or day. Make sure your information matches your Social Security account (you can get this by going to the SS Dept and paying for a 5 year employment history. Make sure you have entered the contact name, phone # and address of the Employer.

You may want to dispute your ASI results and can ask for the number to call to get that started. Your recruiter will have to initiate this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sam5 in Charlotte, North Carolina

39 months ago

I am in the final rounds of the hiring process with BofA. I have previously worked for several large banks however, I am nervous about the BofA background process. I have a misdemeanor charge from 18 years ago for worthless check. I was not passing bad checks. I had moved my acct to another bank and left what I thought was enought in the acct to cover outstanding checks and fees. There was one check for $8 that was returned to a store which ironically went out of business during the same timeframe. The business did not notify me but turned all of their returned checks over to the police. I was called at the number on the check by CMPD who told me I about the situation. As soon as I got the call I went to the police station to pay the check. I was not aware that they were charging me with misdemeanor until I got there. ( Young and silly) Had I known I would have contacted an attorney first due to the circumstances. Long story short I have a conviction for worthless check from 18 years ago. Do I disclose it? and if so,, are they automatically going to disqualify me now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

roxyalana88 in Brooklyn, New York

39 months ago

Here's my situation: I was a teller at Chase for 2 years and got let go....to make a long story short it was my attendance at the end. I applied to BOA (teller position) and the recruiter called me on June 7th. I had a phone interview with her and she told me to fill out the ASI. I filled it out to the best of what i could remember. To make it worse, it was timed and I had 30 mins to complete all that was on the form. I noticed that in the email i received prior to filling out the ASI, it says that if the ASI comes back UNSATISFACTORY, then one would not be able to apply for BOA for the next 9 months. Today is June 21st and the recruiter has not called me back to even let me know if the ASI came back satisfactory or not. I've called her a couple of times but every time there's no answer. Has anyone else experienced this? Is she avoiding the calls? Or should i just move on?

mom1157 in Spring Hill, Florida

39 months ago

They do not do credit checks but in some cases (depending on the job you apply for) like Home Loan and Insurance, they HAVE to check to see if you have defaulted on any loans.

Be sure to list ALL EMPLOYMENT, even if you only worked there for an hour or day. Make sure your information matches your Social Security account (you can get this by going to the SS Dept and paying for a 5 year employment history. Make sure you have entered the contact name, phone # and address of the Employer.

You may want to dispute your ASI results and can ask for the number to call to get that started. Your recruiter will have to initiate this.

HR Lady, my criminal background is clean. I currently have a little part time job where they love me. I worked for Bank of America for 8 years and left to raise me daughter. I am ready to return and received a contingent offer from the call center. During my time at home we did file for chapter 13:( Not a good time, the economic meltdown took a toll on us. No credit checks? Will I still be an employee soon, or will this be the end for me? There has been so much shame already. I would hate to think that my career is over too.

39 months ago

HR Lady, my criminal background is clean. I currently have a little part time job where they love me. I worked for Bank of America for 8 years and left to raise me daughter. I am ready to return and received a contingent offer from the call center. During my time at home we did file for chapter 13:( Not a good time, the economic meltdown took a toll on us. No credit checks? Will I still be an employee soon, or will this be the end for me? There has been so much shame already. I would hate to think that my career is over too.

39 months ago

Ari - mom of 3 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I was just offered a job at BofA. I am a former BofA employee who was laid off in April 2008. Because the economy was so bad, I wasn't able to get a job (with another company) until the end of 2009. My credit suffered tremendously as I could barely pay my bills & the job I have still has me shifting priorities every month to pay what is most past due. I do not have anything on my criminal record, never arrested for anything, but I worry that I will not pass the credit check & not get the job. Also, while working for the bank I had to file bankruptcy due to a bad divorce(the one where you repay everything & it occurred approximately 6 yrs ago). I need to give my company two weeks notice and BofA wants me to start as quickly as possible. The job is with the technology department, so I won't be around any money. Does anyone know how bad your credit report has to be not to be hired? I checked mine and it's below 550. I don't want to give my notice and then have the bank rescind the job offer and then I am out of a job. I want to take the job as it's a 30% increase from my current salary and would allow me to actually pay bills on time.

ARI, Did you get the job? My situation is similar and I am waiting for the checks to come back. We had to declare bankruptcy in 2009 and I'm hoping it won't affect me returning to the bank.

39 months ago

Ari - mom of 3 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I was just offered a job at BofA. I am a former BofA employee who was laid off in April 2008. Because the economy was so bad, I wasn't able to get a job (with another company) until the end of 2009. My credit suffered tremendously as I could barely pay my bills & the job I have still has me shifting priorities every month to pay what is most past due. I do not have anything on my criminal record, never arrested for anything,

ARI, Did you get the job? My situation is similar and I am waiting for the checks to come back. We had to declare bankruptcy in 2009 and I'm hoping it won't affect me returning to the bank. My current job is also waiting for my notice :/

NOELLA in Anchorage, Alaska

38 months ago

HR Lady in Allen, Texas said: BOA doesn't know what First Advantage screens for on the criminal background check. Additionally, they can't even tell you why you failed and will give you a number to call. The criminal conviction should never be for fraud, money laundering, or money related (robberies, theft, hot checks, etc). BOA Recruiters will leave it up to you if you want to pursue the criminal check. The best thing is to give all the information so they don't perceive you as being deceptive.
Further, if you are employed pending the criminal check and you have a criminal background, you have a good chance of being let go. Generally, BOA will only hire definite Satisfactory employees.

I do know they can check any MySpace or Facebook accounts so you should keep those clean as well.

I was arrested 1o years ago for assault but the case was dismissed. I have worked for banks and credit unions in the past was just never fingerprinted and i passed all the b.c. with BOA. I just have to get fingerprinted. I know my arrest will show from reading the prev posts but will BOA hold this against me and recind the offer? Again I was never convicted so i answer the questions they ask as no, have you ever been convicted of a felony/missdemeanor crime etc.

Swaybird in Whittier, California

38 months ago

Got a call back 7/18 saying my asi came back satisfactory. The recruiting coordinator called and said she would be possibly contacting me the next day with more info because she has to meet with her marketing team or something along those lines rather...
How long does it usually take for them to call when you are satisfactory?

meggan in Clearwater, Florida

38 months ago

I went for a job interview with BOA just recently, after attending a stupid "group session" where we had to role play and go through various stupid situations. I never interviewed anywhere I had to jump through hoops!! Anyway, I did great on my interview and the woman that interviewed me seemed to have made her decision that she wanted to hire me, but the recruiter pulled up some information that I had forgotten about on my background check. According to the recruiter who looks like a thug on his facebook page, I was not eligible for rehire. I forgot I had worked for them about 12 to 13 years ago for a few months. Obviously I must have put that bad experience in the dusty files, in back of my mind, since I forgot about it until the recruiter brought it to my attention. When I quit that job years ago it was because of the employees that worked there. Many were unhappy at that time, and that should have given me a clue, but I needed the job, so I tried to deal with it. Well then one day an annoying coworker went to the supervisor and told her that I was on my cell phone. Mind you, I was actually working my ass off as I had the previous 4 months I had been there and my supervisor and several other coworkers thought that I was a great worker. It was obvious to me that someone who was jealous of the interactions I had with other coworkers and the good relationship I had with my supervisor was a threat to their position in the department since I was new and quickly caught on to this easy job (that anyone could have done). The way I see it, I really do not need to waste my talents, time and education in an organization that hires "thugs" to work for them as recruiters. His mannerism from the beginning was very unprofessional, and he was rude several times during the class meeting. I was not surprised at his rude "we can't hire you" attitude when he called me, and I think that my MBA will take me to a better place than where I would have been had I gotten this job. S

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

meggan in Clearwater, Florida

38 months ago

meggan in Clearwater, Florida said: I went for a job interview with BOA just recently, after attending a stupid "group session" where we had to role play and go through various stupid situations. I never interviewed anywhere I had to jump through hoops!! Anyway, I did great on my interview and the woman that interviewed me seemed to have made her decision that she wanted to hire me, but the recruiter pulled up some information that I had forgotten about on my background check. According to the recruiter who looks like a thug on his facebook page, I was not eligible for rehire. I forgot I had worked for them about 12 to 13 years ago for a few months. Obviously I must have put that bad experience in the dusty files, in back of my mind, since I forgot about it until the recruiter brought it to my attention. When I quit that job years ago it was because of the employees that worked there. Many were unhappy at that time, and that should have given me a clue, but I needed the job, so I tried to deal with it. Well then one day an annoying coworker went to the supervisor and told her that I was on my cell phone. Mind you, I was actually working my ass off as I had the previous 4 months I had been there and my supervisor and several other coworkers thought that I was a great worker. It was obvious to me that someone who was jealous of the interactions I had with other coworkers and the good relationship I had with my supervisor was a threat to their position in the department since I was new and quickly caught on to this easy job (that anyone could have done). The way I see it, I really do not need to waste my talents, time and education in an organization that hires "thugs" to work for them as recruiters. His mannerism from the beginning was very unprofessional, and he was rude several times during the class meeting. I was not surprised at his rude "we can't hire you" attitude when he called me, and I think that my MBA will take me to a better place than where

Contract Worker in Irvine, California

38 months ago

I need help. I work as a temp in California for BofA. I was once arrested for petty theft but the judge dismissed the charge. I had 2 misdemeanors ( public intoxication and disturbing the peace) expunged. So technically the convictions show as dismissed. Also many years
Ago I became life threateningly ill and defaulted on a BofA credit card. I have discharged the debt in a Ch 7 medical bk. My on site supervisor knows of the credit card and offered to overlook that. Major question is 1. Do arrests with no conviction hurt you and 2. Do expunged or dismissed misdemeanors disqualify you for going permanent? Please help me. I have overcome some major health issues and need this job which I have done really well with so far. Please help me with info and/or advice. Thanks

bofaemployee in Chula Vista, California

38 months ago

Contract Worker in Irvine, California said: I need help. I work as a temp in California for BofA. I was once arrested for petty theft but the judge dismissed the charge. I had 2 misdemeanors ( public intoxication and disturbing the peace) expunged. So technically the convictions show as dismissed. Also many years
Ago I became life threateningly ill and defaulted on a BofA credit card. I have discharged the debt in a Ch 7 medical bk. My on site supervisor knows of the credit card and offered to overlook that. Major question is 1. Do arrests with no conviction hurt you and 2. Do expunged or dismissed misdemeanors disqualify you for going permanent? Please help me. I have overcome some major health issues and need this job which I have done really well with so far. Please help me with info and/or advice. Thanks

You do not have to list your expunged cases on your application per CA law. The background check is pretty thorough but if you don't have a conviction, you should be ok. Just be honest about it as it should come up on the fingerprinting if you didn't expunge it.

nnnn in Apopka, Florida

38 months ago

I need help. I work as a temp in California for BofA. I was once arrested for petty theft but the judge dismissed the charge. I had 2 misdemeanors ( public intoxication and disturbing the peace) expunged. So technically the convictions show as dismissed. Also many years

how the heck did you end up getting the job?? I've been through this whole process w/ chase. so basically the FBI background check shows everything even expunged or sealed records. i forgot to mention a trespassing misdemeanor and the recruiter caught it and called me asking about it,basically i had to explain my situation to her and she required a written copy of my story. i still got the job. and the employment check, DO NOT put down past previous employment that you've been fired from...bc they will contact them. i have like 15 employers and i only put down 3, you just need to explain the gaps. I also had a dui and they don't care about those, only anything related to theft or bad checks.

nnnn in Apopka, Florida

38 months ago

Contract Worker in Irvine, California said: I need help. I work as a temp in California for BofA. I was once arrested for petty theft but the judge dismissed the charge. I had 2 misdemeanors ( public intoxication and disturbing the peace) expunged. So technically the convictions show as dismissed. Also many years

how the heck did you end up getting the job?? to be honest with you the prognosis does not look good since it does involve theft. I've been through this whole process w/ chase. so basically the FBI background check shows everything even expunged or sealed records. i forgot to mention a trespassing misdemeanor and the recruiter caught it and called me asking about it,basically i had to explain my situation to her and she required a written copy of my story. i still got the job. and the employment check, DO NOT put down past previous employment that you've been fired from...bc they will contact them. i have like 15 employers and i only put down 3, you just need to explain the gaps and need to contact those who you put down and let them they will be receiving a call. I also had a dui and they don't care about those, only anything related to theft or bad checks. during my training, 3 weeks into the job they let go 3 people due to their background check.

Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.