10-Key Assessment?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

looking4job in New York

63 months ago

I recently applied for a Teller position. I took the assessment filled out the online app and everything. One location emailed me back saying I had passed the first step and they were interested. They gave me another assessment to take, but this was for how fast you could work a 10-key device (calculator, cash register, etc)? They give you 3 minutes and 20 sections with about 20 different numbers in each section (24749.22, -123.33) and expect you to copy all numbers down in the second column using the keypad on your keyboard. I thought they were crazy for expecting anyone to finish that in 3 minutes. Has anyone ever seen this? Passed it? Impossible? Help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jasonnnn in Houston, Texas

63 months ago

I don't think so.I filled out the application online, teller assessment, then group interview. What position are you applied?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

looking4job in New York

63 months ago

it was for a teller position...
here is the link for the actual assessment

when you click the link you can make up any name and info. give it a try and let me know how it went!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

looking4job in New York

63 months ago

okay this stupid forum doesn't allow me to put the link up

Jasonnnn in Houston, Texas

63 months ago

well send me through my email:vietguyzn@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

david in OC in Cypress, California

63 months ago

its actually very easy to do 10 key once you learn.... 10 key is usually easier on a regular sized keyboard... but i expect you have to pass the assessments and test to get an offer...

looking4job in New York

63 months ago

I know its easy but that assessment is pretty impossible. I've been in retail for a long time and as a cashier I had to input numbers manually. I was pretty quick with that. But 3 minutes for 400 numbers? No way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Renee NEw in Reno, Nevada

58 months ago

Hi can you email me that link? nicery@gmail.com
thanks

WatchMe in Opa Locka, Florida

54 months ago

Their not really expecting you to complete the entire thing, they are just trying to see how fast and accurate you are, and some people are faster than others that's why they have so many numbers. The test is about speed (how many numbers you can input in a certain amount of time) and accuracy, not completion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

WatchMe in Opa Locka, Florida

54 months ago

They're, sorry.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.