ASI PROCESS... my experience. HELP!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Disturbedintexas in Texas

14 months ago

I recently applied for service and sales rep in a call center passed all assessments. Phone interview face to face interview and was offered the position. Completed accurate and detailed information on the ASI FORM, confirmed accuracy with the recruiter submitted and completed onboarding process. I have no felonies or misdemeanor so I am positive that I will pass a criminal check. I received an email stating my compliance check was unsatisfactory however they are refusing to disclose the reason for the decision. I requested an escalation and was referred back to the investigator who informed.me that he will contact my recruiters. He did not give me any information at all regarding the findings or reason behind the finding. He did not even give me any possible reason this could happen. The recruiter who emailed me is not the same as the two people I have been dealing with and she told me that if it comes back this quickly which was two business days its normally a current or previous bad account. That is NOT the case. I just completed and full extensive background check and passed it for a security company the same area with out a problem. Anyone suggest to me what I can do at this point. I really cannot believe this is happening unless one of my previous employer gave a bad reference I cant see why this is the result. How can I find out this information it should be my right to know what caused this decision. Now I received the call from the investigator today I answered his questions and a few hours later got the email. He asked about a position I had in a training program for which I resigned due to the position being in sales I was not working for company they were training me for a management position in retail customer service but or I soon discover that was not true it was b2b direct sales. I did get paid minimal a base salary while I trained. On the ASI it requested employment not training after completing this I emailed the recruiter and informed him I left

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jobseeker84 in Atlanta, Georgia

14 months ago

[QUOTE]He asked about a position I had in a training program for which I resigned due to the position being in sales I was not working for company they were training me for a management position in retail customer service but or I soon discover that was not true it was b2b direct sales. I did get paid minimal a base salary while I trained. On the ASI it requested employment not training after completing this I emailed the recruiter and informed him I left

That right there is probably why. I agree you have the right to know, but since you live in a right to work state, the law, unfortunately, is on their side and they can decline to tell you why. I would press the investigator for further info on whether the incident is related to your not getting hired. It looks like it is. BOA checks EVERYTHING during the hiring process. That's why they tell you to list ALL of your former places of employment no matter how short or long the duration was. They used that information for, or against you.

Is there a way you can contact the recruiter and the manager and ask them why the recinded the offer and if it has anything to do with past employment? maybe explain the situation to them? that one might not be such a good idea though. I'm sorry I can't offer more helpful advice.

Jobseeker84 in Atlanta, Georgia

14 months ago

[quote]He asked about a position I had in a training program for which I resigned due to the position being in sales I was not working for company they were training me for a management position in retail customer service but or I soon discover that was not true it was b2b direct sales. I did get paid minimal a base salary while I trained. On the ASI it requested employment not training after completing this I emailed the recruiter and informed him I left.

That right there is probably why. I agree you have the right to know, but since you live in a right to work state, the law, unfortunately, is on their side and they can decline to tell you why. I would press the investigator for further info on whether the incident is related to your not getting hired. It looks like it is. BOA checks EVERYTHING during the hiring process. That's why they tell you to list ALL of your former places of employment no matter how short or long the duration was. They used that information for, or against you.

Is there a way you can contact the recruiter and the manager and ask them why the recinded the offer and if it has anything to do with past employment? maybe explain the situation to them? that one might not be such a good idea though. I'm sorry I can't offer more helpful advice.

sorry for double post, didn't place quotes right.

Disturbedintexas

14 months ago

Yes, I did and I spoke with the Investigator. This did not help. I was however called by my recruiter and she informed me that I will receive a letter informing me of the results and I can then request an escalation. I pray this works in my favor.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.