The ASI!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Uncomfortable in Fitchburg, Massachusetts

38 months ago

I applied for a teller position at BofA and within three business days I received an e-mail with the pre-sccreening. I filled it out immediately with all the correct information EXCEPT my salary. I don't know what I was thinking! I just started estimating the salary amounts for all my previous employments. I kept wanting to put zero. I was paid hourly and in mind I kept thinking what does that convert into. Someplaces I didn't even work a full year. It didn't even occur to me to call the payrolls of the previous employers to find out the correct information. Oh no! I have a feeling that I will be flagged. Right? Will it cost me an offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mr_Sixty_Niner in Jersey City, New Jersey

38 months ago

Uncomfortable in Fitchburg, Massachusetts said: I applied for a teller position at BofA and within three business days I received an e-mail with the pre-sccreening. I filled it out immediately with all the correct information EXCEPT my salary. I don't know what I was thinking! I just started estimating the salary amounts for all my previous employments. I kept wanting to put zero. I was paid hourly and in mind I kept thinking what does that convert into. Someplaces I didn't even work a full year. It didn't even occur to me to call the payrolls of the previous employers to find out the correct information. Oh no! I have a feeling that I will be flagged. Right? Will it cost me an offer?

yes it will, they are VERY strict on correct salaries as they do a THOROUGH background and employment check, so I suggest you start filling out applications elsewhere for the time being

38 months ago

Shucks! Thanks for the reply. It's too bad really. My interview went great and my Bank of America branch is down the street.

Robert in Queen Creek, Arizona

38 months ago

Did you hear back? I am in a similar situation...for salary I put commissions only.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

I heard back today. It turns out that I was SATISFACTORY afterall. The position I applied for was filled internally, so they called me today to see if I wanted to re-interview with another branch. It means that I have to redo the phone interview and in-facility one as well. I'm less excited to work for B of A, but I really want to start somewhere!

Inquirer in Carrollton, Texas

15 months ago

I'm filling out the ASI as well and I'm confused about the salary part. Do I put down how much I made hourly or how much I've made in total? I really don't want to get turned down because of a small error.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.