Advancement in Bank of America

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

tanman_nc in Boone, North Carolina

12 months ago

Hello all!

I am new to this website and am very impressed with the resources that are available here. I am a teller currently working at Bank of America. I am also a senior at Appalachian State University. I will graduate in May of 2014 with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. I am majoring in International Business with a minor in Spanish. I am fluent in Spanish as I have spent extensive time abroad and speak at a native level. As I began my search to secure a job for after graduation, I thought that Bank of America would be a good choice being that I am a current associate with them. I would look into lines of business other than consumer banking and am 100% geographically flexible. I have applied to numerous positions, mostly Operations Analyst positions, on the bank's internal careers site and my application is being constantly dropped from the selection process. I do not apply for any position for which I do not meet the minimum qualifications. I assume that my application is being rejected so quickly because I do not have full-time availability until May.

Here's my dilemma: I am wanting to leave my current position with the company in mid-January to focus solely on course load at school for my last semester. Would or could leaving in January negatively impact my chances of being considered for fill-time positions with the company upon graduation?

Also, should I give up for now on applying for full-time positions? Since I have five months until I would have full-time availability, is it safe to say that I would not be considered for these positions until around March or April?

Thank you for all of your time and efforts in answering my questions!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.