Background Check vs Fingerprinting

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 62)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Chinook in Phoenix, Arizona

71 months ago

Vasquez in Phoenix, Arizona said: recently been offerred a position within BOA. All the back round checks came back satisfactory! YEY

My question is.... if you have a minor convictin and it was disclosed to HR, will this conviction also show up on the finger printing

As long it is disclosed to HR, you should be okay. If it was credit card fraud, something like that, you will not be hired but if it was a DUI or something like that, they may decide to overlook that. I knew a personal banker who was arrested in high school for brining a gun to school which shocked me so it may depend on who you are dealing with and what job you are applying for. Where are you working? Phoenix Campus or Tempe Ops?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Chinook in Phoenix, Arizona

71 months ago

Chinook in Phoenix, Arizona said: As long it is disclosed to HR, you should be okay. If it was credit card fraud, something like that, you will not be hired but if it was a DUI or something like that, they may decide to overlook that. I knew a personal banker who was arrested in high school for brining a gun to school which shocked me so it may depend on who you are dealing with and what job you are applying for. Where are you working? Phoenix Campus or Tempe Ops?

Still think you are okay though.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Vasquez in Phoenix, Arizona

71 months ago

Chinook in Phoenix, Arizona said: As long it is disclosed to HR, you should be okay. If it was credit card fraud, something like that, you will not be hired but if it was a DUI or something like that, they may decide to overlook that. I knew a personal banker who was arrested in high school for brining a gun to school which shocked me so it may depend on who you are dealing with and what job you are applying for. Where are you working? Phoenix Campus or Tempe Ops?

Tempe Home loans/mortgage it was just a possession charge and it looks like offerd it to me anyway. BankRound was satisfactory. Which one are you in? customer service?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Vasquez in Phoenix, Arizona

71 months ago

Vasquez in Phoenix, Arizona said: Tempe Home loans/mortgage it was just a possession charge and it looks like offerd it to me anyway. BankRound was satisfactory. Which one are you in? customer service?

also what does finger printing reveal?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ms Asian in Portola Valley, California

70 months ago

Does anybody know how many years Bank of America goes back on for the criminal background check? and are they really strict about it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (85) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Ms Asian in San Carlos, California

69 months ago

Does anybody know how many years Bank of America goes back on for the criminal background check? and are they really strict about it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Boredryu in Texas

69 months ago

Ms Asian in San Carlos, California said: Does anybody know how many years Bank of America goes back on for the criminal background check? and are they really strict about it?

Standard ASI background check is 5 years (mostly employers, education, etc).

Their FBI background check will go to 7-10 years, if you've ever been arrested and fingerprinted it will show up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Ms Johnson in Atlanta, Georgia

64 months ago

It was a stolen check written by my ex and I just paid it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

nbrown in Atlanta, Georgia

62 months ago

how long does it take for the fingerprinting to come back!!!!! took it on tuesday.....i herd up to 48 hrs....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

James in AZ in San Francisco, California

57 months ago

Boredryu in Texas said: Standard ASI background check is 5 years (mostly employers, education, etc).

Their FBI background check will go to 7-10 years, if you've ever been arrested and fingerprinted it will show up.

Are you sure they only go back 7-10 years on FBI Background Check? How do you know this info. I am concerned because I have DUI 15 years ago. Thanks for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

LOLA BODY in NEWWARK, New Jersey

47 months ago

CAN AN EXPUNGED MISDEMEANOR SHOW UP ON A FBI BACKGROUND CHECK FOR BOA IF NEVER ARRESTED?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

adriana in Cranston, Rhode Island

44 months ago

does fbi report show arrest w no conviction

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

California 123 in California

43 months ago

adriana in Cranston, Rhode Island said: does fbi report show arrest w no conviction

If you went to the police station and did the fingerprinting, yes!. If not, no!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Waiting for my fingerprinting result. Wish me luck. It's been 2 business days since I did my fingerprinting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

I got the job!!!!!!!!!My criminal background check came as satisfactory!!!!!!!!!!!!!yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ktran in Quincy, Massachusetts

43 months ago

when applying on BOA website, did any of you guys upload a cover letter as well? is a cover letter necessary for a teller position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

ktran in Quincy, Massachusetts said: when applying on BOA website, did any of you guys upload a cover letter as well? is a cover letter necessary for a teller position?

I did upload a cover letter but I think the recruiter and the branch manager look into the resume more than cover letter. Frankly speaking, I don't think they even read the cover letter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

California 123 in California said: I did upload a cover letter but I think the recruiter and the branch manager look into the resume more than cover letter. Frankly speaking, I don't think they even read the cover letter.

thanks! how do you find out when if you're background came back satisfactory? i emailed my recruiter after my first in personal interview and this is what she said:

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Bank of America and for providing us the opportunity to learn about your background and career interests.

We consider many candidates with strong work histories and skill sets and the selection decisions are seldom easy. After careful review of your experience and performance during the interview, we will be considering other candidates for this position.

We encourage you to continue to visit our website at www.bankofamerica.com/careers to explore other Bank of America career opportunities.

Again, thank you for considering Bank of America. We wish you every success in your job search

it doesn't explain abt my background check...

43 months ago

The email is saying that your background meaning your work history, education, etc. not the actual criminal background check. Background check is done after the final interview when b of a offers you the job. They will nOt do the background check if you are rejected from the interview process. I think the below email is telling you that you didn't pass your interview with the manager or the recruiter.

Hope this helps.

ktran in Quincy, Massachusetts said: thanks! how do you find out when if you're background came back satisfactory? i emailed my recruiter after my first in personal interview and this is what she said:

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Bank of America and for providing us the opportunity to learn about your background and career interests.

We consider many candidates with strong work histories and skill sets and the selection decisions are seldom easy. After careful review of your experience and performance during the interview, we will be considering other candidates for this position.

We encourage you to continue to visit our website at www.bankofamerica.com/careers to explore other Bank of America career opportunities.

Again, thank you for considering Bank of America. We wish you every success in your job search

it doesn't explain abt my background check...

43 months ago

figures.... i had 2 phone interviews and i thought i did very bad but i thought my in person interview wth the manager went pretty well. i guess i'll learn from this and do better next time. thank you! :)

RFRID in Elgin, Illinois

37 months ago

Vasquez in Phoenix, Arizona said: Tempe Home loans/mortgage it was just a possession charge and it looks like offerd it to me anyway. BankRound was satisfactory. Which one are you in? customer service ?

Hello! Did your possession show up on your fingerprinting? If so, were you hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dreamideal in Brooklyn, New York

35 months ago

Honestly, how far back does FBI background checks go? I have a potential opportunity to get a job. Now the job itself only does background checks up to 7 years. But I also have to get a government clearance. Any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Rebecca in Colorado

11 months ago

Okay seriously, I was on this website every. single. dayyyyyyyy reading over peoples comments stressing the heck out. In the end, I ended up getting the job.
I, myself, was worried about the background check because I had a petty theft charge from when I was a minor, a DUI 3 years ago, and recently had a charge dismissed for posession of marijuana. I admitted to the posession charge. Background and I9 came back great. So save yourselves the stress of even being on here!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jen mi in Westchester, New York

11 months ago

Good for you Rebecca. There are others who have not cleared with DUI or theft charges, so you can't generalize. I know one who did not clear recently because they had a minor theft charge, which they did not mention in the form you have to electronically sign and send before finger printing. This is the form for First Advantage. But completely agree with you, there's no point in stressing out, if one is open to any outcome.

Are you saying the ONLY charge you admitted to in the First advantage form was the possession charge? I've heard from others that drug related charges and bad credit are usually overlooked. Thank you for coming and posting and Congratulations!

Rebecca in Colorado

11 months ago

@ jen mi in Westchester --
Yeah, I guess it depends what position you are going for. I applied for the position of Fraud Analyst II. I am not sure if they did not see it because juvi records sometimes are sealed - or if they jsut decided to look over it.

But yes, the only charge I admitted to was the possesion charge.

& thanks for the congrats! I'm on cloud 9 :)

Rebecca in Colorado

11 months ago

Jen mi in Westchester, New York said: Good for you Rebecca. There are others who have not cleared with DUI or theft charges, so you can't generalize. I know one who did not clear recently because they had a minor theft charge, which they did not mention in the form you have to electronically sign and send before finger printing. This is the form for First Advantage. But completely agree with you, there's no point in stressing out, if one is open to any outcome.

Are you saying the ONLY charge you admitted to in the First advantage form was the possession charge? I've heard from others that drug related charges and bad credit are usually overlooked. Thank you for coming and posting and Congratulations!

--------------------------------------------------
@ jen mi in Westchester --
Yeah, I guess it depends what position you are going for. I applied for the position of Fraud Analyst II. I am not sure if they did not see it because juvi records sometimes are sealed - or if they jsut decided to look over it.

But yes, the only charge I admitted to was the possesion charge.

& thanks for the congrats! I'm on cloud 9 :)

11 months ago

You should be after all the stress and waiting! :)
Feel really happy for you and anyone who has successfully gone through this stage with prior records. The person who I mentioned got kicked out was Band 5 (Customer Manager or something)

Rebecca in Colorado

11 months ago

Jen mi in Westchester, New York said: You should be after all the stress and waiting! :)
Feel really happy for you and anyone who has successfully gone through this stage with prior records. The person who I mentioned got kicked out was Band 5 (Customer Manager or something)

Yikes!

Do you currently work for the company?

kim in Baltimore, Maryland

11 months ago

Was your friend convicted of theft or just charged with it??

Jen mi in Westchester, New York said: Good for you Rebecca. There are others who have not cleared with DUI or theft charges, so you can't generalize. I know one who did not clear recently because they had a minor theft charge, which they did not mention in the form you have to electronically sign and send before finger printing. This is the form for First Advantage. But completely agree with you, there's no point in stressing out, if one is open to any outcome.

kim in Baltimore, Maryland

11 months ago

Quick question.

I have never been arrested. But I was charged with something... but it was non processed. Does that show up? or does that even matter?
I'm in the process of getting a job with a bank.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

Kim, that person was convicted of minor theft. I'm getting a feeling they weren't hired because they said "No" to the questions asked about charges/convictions, but the background check company found something on them. So, I think it was more the discrepancy than the actual conviction itself in their case, that made them fail the background check.

On the other hand, a lot of people come here and post that they had minor theft related charges/convictions, but they eventually end up clearing the background check with the bank, even though they did NOT admit to any charges/convictions on the form. This is because the charges were from they were a minor, so the records are sealed, or they applied for expungement of their records, so the background check with the FBI comes up clean.

In your case, if you weren't finger printed there is a good chance nothing will show up. The bgcheck companies also take your SSN and Birth date, so I don't know what else they check. I do see a number of people posting that their bg check cleared lately, which means if you're not finger printed and no court records are found, then they clear it immediately.
As pointed out in some other posts, it would help to get a Finger print check on yourself right away if you're worried about the outcome. You can do it directly with the FBI, but it takes time. If you want to know the results the same day, then you would want to use the FBI channelers (private companies listed on FBI site). I used a company called FieldPrint and got the results within minutes. One drawback with the private companies is, as mentioned by a member here, if they found any records, then the private company now has your record in their database.

www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/fbi-approved-channelers

www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/list-of-fbi-approved-channelers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Glendale, Arizona

4 months ago

Chinook in Phoenix, Arizona said: As long it is disclosed to HR, you should be okay. If it was credit card fraud , something like that, you will not be hired but if it was a DUI or something like that, they may decide to overlook that. I knew a personal banker who was arrested in high school for brining a gun to school which shocked me so it may depend on who you are dealing with and what job you are applying for. Where are you working? Phoenix Campus or Tempe Ops?

Hello there,
I have a question if you know Bank Of America hire someone with DUI? I got DUI in 2010, so I got offer from BOA. I am wondering if it shows up in my fingerprint? I am in stress now four days after mt fingerprint. Thank you

Sarah in Raleigh, North Carolina

4 months ago

Dan,

I recently got offered a BOA position and just did my finger prints. I also got a DUI in 2010. I admitted to it on the form and did the finger printing. I also admitted to it in my interview. My position is just a contract but still get checked like regular employees. Please post if you clear! I just did my finger prints today. I will also update you as well....

Sarah

Dan in Glendale, Arizona

4 months ago

Sarah in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Dan,

I recently got offered a BOA position and just did my finger prints. I also got a DUI in 2010. I admitted to it on the form and did the finger printing. I also admitted to it in my interview. My position is just a contract but still get checked like regular employees. Please post if you clear! I just did my finger prints today. I will also update you as well....

Sarah

Sarah,
I will let you know. did you tell your recuitre? what did she/he say about that? i did not put in my application because Dui is not felony. let me know if they said anything about DUI. thank you

4 months ago

Dan in Glendale, Arizona said: Sarah,
I will let you know. did you tell your recuitre? what did she/he say about that? i did not put in my application because Dui is not felony. let me know if they said anything about DUI. thank you

Dan
I did tell my recruiter, she let them know. She said as long as it hasn't been within the past 5 years. 2010 is cutting it close for both of us. I'm hoping it's ok. I hate freaking waiting. This job is 6 figures for me at the age of 26!!!!

Dan in Glendale, Arizona

4 months ago

sarah,

My DUI was in November 2010, my recuitre said as long as it is not felony you are OK. I want this position bad. i hope both of us get the good result. I am in stress since I had my fingerprint. please update me if you find something else. i am searching all over the net to find something about it. wish the best for both of us. thank you

Dan in Glendale, Arizona

4 months ago

Sarah,

my FBI check came back clear. You will get the same result that I got today ... Good luck

4 months ago

Dan,

Your awesome for updating this post! You didn't leave me hanging. Good luck with everything! We have great futures in front of us! :)

Neta Neta in West Columbia, South Carolina

4 months ago

I haven't received an offer, however I've already under gone the ASI background check and passed, but I have yet to hear anything else. Its been atleast 2weeks now.

4 months ago

Sarah in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Dan,

Your awesome for updating this post! You didn't leave me hanging. Good luck with everything! We have great futures in front of us! :)

Sarah, did you clear your test? I was a contractor too, but they didn't do the rigorous background check at that time (about 5 years ago). BTW, what position are you applying for?

Sarah

4 months ago

Jen mi, I'm still waiting on my background to clear, it's for a Business Analyst III position. I'm freaking out lol. I did finger printing and submitted everything on the 14th. They updated me saying I was going through and extra review process. I'm almost at the point of looking for other positions because I've waiting so long. I feel like they might take back the offer.. :-/ ***Waiting***

NeedRealjob in Saint Louis, Missouri

4 months ago

Wow, Bank of America makes you go through a lot of hoops just for a crummy teller position yet will give credit cards to illegals.

Finger printing and "investigation"? That's way over the top! I worked at two banks in the past and never had to do any of this stuff to get the job!

4 months ago

Sarah, hang in there. You might pass the test after all. Lots of good luck; I know how it feels with the waiting game. It might help to get the FP check yourself through one of the FBI channelers I've listed in a previous post in this thread, to see what they're seeing.

It's possible that your FP check may or may not have shown them anything, but since you mentioned it in the interview, they may take the time to check your case out thoroughly.

In any case, if there's anything you can do to expunge your arrest/charge, do it as soon as you're legally allowed to. Also in the future, use your discretion on whether to disclose your DUI (based on what they're EXACTLY asking in those forms).

4 months ago

NeedRealjob in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Wow, Bank of America makes you go through a lot of hoops just for a crummy teller position yet will give credit cards to illegals.

Finger printing and "investigation"? That's way over the top! I worked at two banks in the past and never had to do any of this stuff to get the job!

Finger printing back ground check seems to be the norm for most banks these days.

Sarah

4 months ago

I guess this position is THOROUGH... On the form it asked for dates, arrest dates, conviction dates, disposition dates, what county... I was like WOW. I'm reallllly hoping I pass. I was honest, didn't exclude anything and have had great positions since my arrest.

4 months ago

Sarah said: I was honest, didn't exclude anything and have had great positions since my arrest.

That's awesome. I hope it works out the same way for you with BoA. Good luck! Keep us posted.

Phlyers_fan in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

1 month ago

Rebecca in Colorado said: Okay seriously, I was on this website every. single. dayyyyyyyy reading over peoples comments stressing the heck out. In the end, I ended up getting the job.
I, myself, was worried about the background check because I had a petty theft charge from when I was a minor, a DUI 3 years ago, and recently had a charge dismissed for posession of marijuana. I admitted to the posession charge. Background and I9 came back great. So save yourselves the stress of even being on here!

Did you admit to the DUI? I am in a similar situation.

Elyse in Kansas City, Missouri

1 month ago

Honestly this is the best comment I've seen yet!! I am done driving myself crazy lol.

Rebecca in Colorado said: Okay seriously, I was on this website every. single. dayyyyyyyy reading over peoples comments stressing the heck out. In the end, I ended up getting the job.

1 month ago

Here's my situation. I have passed a rigorous (so I'm told) background and credit check. Now the same company will do a FBI finger printing check tomorrow. My issue is I had 1 and only 1 DUI (BAC .16)March 2011, last court date was June 2011 in Pennsylvania. I am told I passed the criminal background check. They did ask, on the background consent, if I was convicted of a crime other than driving. I said no. I did think DUI was for driving. I now know it's a misdemeanor. A crime but a misdemeanor. I did my own license check on my DMV site (Pennsylvania) and for $9 ran a full history. It showed my DUI of BAC .16. I also used InstantCheckmate.com and it shows there. I'm wondering how I passed a criminal background check and I still find it. Either they did not find it (I find that hard to believe) or they don't care. Driving is not a requirement for the job. The finger printing test (talking to a friend) also asks a few questions along with finger printing. Maybe there it's in more detail. If it asks specifically about a DUI I will be say yes and the date. If it's not specific I will say no. If they ask me later I will explain I honestly did not think it was asked and explain my DUI does not define me. It was a mistake I made and plan to never repeat. I hardly ever drink and that night did think I was OK to drive. I now will never drive if I had one drink. Not an issue for me since I'm not an alcoholic and rarely drink.

1 month ago

I will report back as to the questions and the outcome of the finger printing. We are human and we make bad choices sometimes. It should not define us.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.