Background Check vs Fingerprinting

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (23)

Chinook in Phoenix, Arizona

57 months ago

Vasquez in Phoenix, Arizona said: recently been offerred a position within BOA. All the back round checks came back satisfactory! YEY

My question is.... if you have a minor convictin and it was disclosed to HR, will this conviction also show up on the finger printing

As long it is disclosed to HR, you should be okay. If it was credit card fraud, something like that, you will not be hired but if it was a DUI or something like that, they may decide to overlook that. I knew a personal banker who was arrested in high school for brining a gun to school which shocked me so it may depend on who you are dealing with and what job you are applying for. Where are you working? Phoenix Campus or Tempe Ops?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chinook in Phoenix, Arizona

57 months ago

Chinook in Phoenix, Arizona said: As long it is disclosed to HR, you should be okay. If it was credit card fraud, something like that, you will not be hired but if it was a DUI or something like that, they may decide to overlook that. I knew a personal banker who was arrested in high school for brining a gun to school which shocked me so it may depend on who you are dealing with and what job you are applying for. Where are you working? Phoenix Campus or Tempe Ops?

Still think you are okay though.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Vasquez in Phoenix, Arizona

57 months ago

Chinook in Phoenix, Arizona said: As long it is disclosed to HR, you should be okay. If it was credit card fraud, something like that, you will not be hired but if it was a DUI or something like that, they may decide to overlook that. I knew a personal banker who was arrested in high school for brining a gun to school which shocked me so it may depend on who you are dealing with and what job you are applying for. Where are you working? Phoenix Campus or Tempe Ops?

Tempe Home loans/mortgage it was just a possession charge and it looks like offerd it to me anyway. BankRound was satisfactory. Which one are you in? customer service?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Vasquez in Phoenix, Arizona said: Tempe Home loans/mortgage it was just a possession charge and it looks like offerd it to me anyway. BankRound was satisfactory. Which one are you in? customer service?

also what does finger printing reveal?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Chinook in Phoenix, Arizona said: Still think you are okay though.......

THanks just wondering if they go back as a juvie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ms Asian in Portola Valley, California

56 months ago

Does anybody know how many years Bank of America goes back on for the criminal background check? and are they really strict about it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Ms Asian in San Carlos, California

56 months ago

Does anybody know how many years Bank of America goes back on for the criminal background check? and are they really strict about it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Boredryu in Texas

56 months ago

Ms Asian in San Carlos, California said: Does anybody know how many years Bank of America goes back on for the criminal background check? and are they really strict about it?

Standard ASI background check is 5 years (mostly employers, education, etc).

Their FBI background check will go to 7-10 years, if you've ever been arrested and fingerprinted it will show up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ms Johnson in Atlanta, Georgia

50 months ago

It was a stolen check written by my ex and I just paid it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

nbrown in Atlanta, Georgia

48 months ago

how long does it take for the fingerprinting to come back!!!!! took it on tuesday.....i herd up to 48 hrs....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

James in AZ in San Francisco, California

43 months ago

Boredryu in Texas said: Standard ASI background check is 5 years (mostly employers, education, etc).

Their FBI background check will go to 7-10 years, if you've ever been arrested and fingerprinted it will show up.

Are you sure they only go back 7-10 years on FBI Background Check? How do you know this info. I am concerned because I have DUI 15 years ago. Thanks for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

LOLA BODY in NEWWARK, New Jersey

33 months ago

CAN AN EXPUNGED MISDEMEANOR SHOW UP ON A FBI BACKGROUND CHECK FOR BOA IF NEVER ARRESTED?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

adriana in Cranston, Rhode Island

30 months ago

does fbi report show arrest w no conviction

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

California 123 in California

29 months ago

adriana in Cranston, Rhode Island said: does fbi report show arrest w no conviction

If you went to the police station and did the fingerprinting, yes!. If not, no!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Waiting for my fingerprinting result. Wish me luck. It's been 2 business days since I did my fingerprinting.

29 months ago

I got the job!!!!!!!!!My criminal background check came as satisfactory!!!!!!!!!!!!!yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ktran in Quincy, Massachusetts

29 months ago

when applying on BOA website, did any of you guys upload a cover letter as well? is a cover letter necessary for a teller position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

ktran in Quincy, Massachusetts said: when applying on BOA website, did any of you guys upload a cover letter as well? is a cover letter necessary for a teller position?

I did upload a cover letter but I think the recruiter and the branch manager look into the resume more than cover letter. Frankly speaking, I don't think they even read the cover letter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

California 123 in California said: I did upload a cover letter but I think the recruiter and the branch manager look into the resume more than cover letter. Frankly speaking, I don't think they even read the cover letter.

thanks! how do you find out when if you're background came back satisfactory? i emailed my recruiter after my first in personal interview and this is what she said:

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Bank of America and for providing us the opportunity to learn about your background and career interests.

We consider many candidates with strong work histories and skill sets and the selection decisions are seldom easy. After careful review of your experience and performance during the interview, we will be considering other candidates for this position.

We encourage you to continue to visit our website at www.bankofamerica.com/careers to explore other Bank of America career opportunities.

Again, thank you for considering Bank of America. We wish you every success in your job search

it doesn't explain abt my background check...

29 months ago

The email is saying that your background meaning your work history, education, etc. not the actual criminal background check. Background check is done after the final interview when b of a offers you the job. They will nOt do the background check if you are rejected from the interview process. I think the below email is telling you that you didn't pass your interview with the manager or the recruiter.

Hope this helps.

ktran in Quincy, Massachusetts said: thanks! how do you find out when if you're background came back satisfactory? i emailed my recruiter after my first in personal interview and this is what she said:

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Bank of America and for providing us the opportunity to learn about your background and career interests.

We consider many candidates with strong work histories and skill sets and the selection decisions are seldom easy. After careful review of your experience and performance during the interview, we will be considering other candidates for this position.

We encourage you to continue to visit our website at www.bankofamerica.com/careers to explore other Bank of America career opportunities.

Again, thank you for considering Bank of America. We wish you every success in your job search

it doesn't explain abt my background check...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

figures.... i had 2 phone interviews and i thought i did very bad but i thought my in person interview wth the manager went pretty well. i guess i'll learn from this and do better next time. thank you! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RFRID in Elgin, Illinois

23 months ago

Vasquez in Phoenix, Arizona said: Tempe Home loans/mortgage it was just a possession charge and it looks like offerd it to me anyway. BankRound was satisfactory. Which one are you in? customer service ?

Hello! Did your possession show up on your fingerprinting? If so, were you hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dreamideal in Brooklyn, New York

21 months ago

Honestly, how far back does FBI background checks go? I have a potential opportunity to get a job. Now the job itself only does background checks up to 7 years. But I also have to get a government clearance. Any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.