Background Check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Xavier Rockefellar in Dallas, Texas

60 months ago

Hi, I recently applied to Bank of America and I received a call from the recruiter saying I was hired pending the ASI form. I completed it and after reading these blogs I got spooked so i pulled up my credit report and there is 2 companies on there I did not work for. I have read where B of A dismisses you if you do not disclose all companies. Im scared now that they saw it on there if on my credit report. I put in for the credit reports to delete them since not true. I was wondering why she called me and went over my work history which is totally accurate but these two thingsmay have destroyed my background. What can i do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

will hanes in san fran, California

60 months ago

Xavier Rockefellar in Dallas, Texas said: Hi, I recently applied to Bank of America and I received a call from the recruiter saying I was hired pending the ASI form. I completed it and after reading these blogs I got spooked so i pulled up my credit report and there is 2 companies on there I did not work for. I have read where B of A dismisses you if you do not disclose all companies. Im scared now that they saw it on there if on my credit report. I put in for the credit reports to delete them since not true. I was wondering why she called me and went over my work history which is totally accurate but these two thingsmay have destroyed my background. What can i do.

what were they? I do not want to make the same mistake.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

docs.google.com/gview?a=vq=cache:vwBwdsRhHHcJ:www.nelp.org/page/-/SCLP/EEOCLetter062009.pdf+bank+of+america+felony+policy&hl=en&gl=us

This link has to do with BofA's current hiring policy as being illegal.

Make noise guys! Complain where it can be noticed.

I feel I am overqualified for the job but my misdemeanors may stop me from being hired. So this means im not trustworthy. I flat out own my house, why would I steal from a bank and risk hurting my career.

I was separated from my last job which was just a little part time way to get money. from what you guys are saying this may disqualify me too. NOT FAIR!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

teller seeker in Plano, Texas

60 months ago

will hanes in san fran, California said: docs.google.com/gview?a=vq=cache:vwBwdsRhHHcJ:www.nelp.org/page/-/SCLP/EEOCLetter062009.pdf+bank+of+america+felony+policy&hl=en&gl=us

This link has to do with BofA's current hiring policy as being illegal.

Make noise guys! Complain where it can be noticed.

I feel I am overqualified for the job but my misdemeanors may stop me from being hired. So this means im not trustworthy. I flat out own my house, why would I steal from a bank and risk hurting my career.

I was separated from my last job which was just a little part time way to get money. from what you guys are saying this may disqualify me too. NOT FAIR!

Hi, will Hanes:
the link is not working. I would like find out boa's current hiring plicy too.

teller seeker in Plano, Texas

60 months ago

Xavier Rockefellar in Dallas, Texas said: Hi, I recently applied to Bank of America and I received a call from the recruiter saying I was hired pending the ASI form. I completed it and after reading these blogs I got spooked so i pulled up my credit report and there is 2 companies on there I did not work for. I have read where B of A dismisses you if you do not disclose all companies. Im scared now that they saw it on there if on my credit report. I put in for the credit reports to delete them since not true. I was wondering why she called me and went over my work history which is totally accurate but these two thingsmay have destroyed my background. What can i do.

hi, Xavier Rockefellar: how can credit report written about employment history? I thought credit report is about how many creidt cards you have and have you owe some money from different companies.

kay bea in Willingboro, New Jersey

59 months ago

Xavier, How did you make out with BOA? I'm on pins and needles too..I'm more concerned about my credit costing me the job...let me know...thanks

59 months ago

You don't need to worry. You should try and contact them before they contact you. If anything it will look good on your part. It is not your fault, so they should be more than willing to work with you. Research and see how to get the problem fixed. The problem is that one of those employers could say you were fired even though you did not work there. You are going to have to make a lot of calls.

C Ann in San Antonio, Texas

59 months ago

The FCRA does not necessarily mean your credit score. It can be accessed with your consent, but BofA does not check that (at least, if you're applying as a teller - at least in Texas). They're doing the background check of your criminal history, employment/education verification, your legal authorization to work in the United States, etc. And the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) does say that you have a right to dispute what's included (yes, your employment would be a part of that). You need to call your recruiter and explain the situation. The issues would most likely need to be resolved (concerning employment) before you can be officially hired anyway.

And as for Will Hanes, I'm not trying to sound rude but it's tough luck. If they have a choice to hire a person with a clean background to represent their core values versus someone with a criminal record, then that's their preference and having a preference is not illegal unless it's a racial preference or something to that effect. You've got to know that a lot of it is about image and that sort of thing. Sorry, but everything matters especially in SUCH a competitive industry...are the misdemeanors recent?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.