Background check requirements

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Dan Heath in Durham, North Carolina

73 months ago

I have an offer for a relatively high level position with BoA. I know that we have to pass a background check, and I know there is one misdemeanor charge for public urination on my record. However, the charge was dismissed because it was absolute crap and totally wrong. Will a dismissed charge on my record be held against me? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Hawkinsmhall

73 months ago

Dan Heath in Durham, North Carolina said: I have an offer for a relatively high level position with BoA. I know that we have to pass a background check, and I know there is one misdemeanor charge for public urination on my record. However, the charge was dismissed because it was absolute crap and totally wrong. Will a dismissed charge on my record be held against me? Thanks

They will check, but trust me you don't want to work for this company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

virgocalifornia in Moreno Valley, California

73 months ago

Dan Heath in Durham, North Carolina said: I have an offer for a relatively high level position with BoA. I know that we have to pass a background check, and I know there is one misdemeanor charge for public urination on my record. However, the charge was dismissed because it was absolute crap and totally wrong. Will a dismissed charge on my record be held against me? Thanks

Did you disclose all of this information to your recruiter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dan Heath in Durham, North Carolina

72 months ago

I wasn't asked, was only asked if I had been convicted of any felonies or misdemeanors. I haven't, was only charged and the charge was dropped, so I didn't think that it mattered.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Queenb144 in Decatur, Georgia

63 months ago

Dan Heath in Durham, North Carolina said: I wasn't asked, was only asked if I had been convicted of any felonies or misdemeanors. I haven't, was only charged and the charge was dropped, so I didn't think that it mattered.[/Q

Hi,

I am in the same situation right now... I was arrested for Disorderly conduct but the charge was dismissed. I was wondering did you end up getting the position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Marvin Carlos in Corona, California

61 months ago

Queenb144 in Decatur, Georgia said:

HI. Just curious if you were okay with the background check and your disorderly conduct?

Jasonnnn in Houston, Texas

60 months ago

Does anyone know how long the ASI form come back?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

david in OC in Cypress, California

60 months ago

if it is dismissed and no cahrges ever filed you should be fine... i had something similir

Marvin Carlos in Corona, California

60 months ago

Hi.. I had my offer rescinded because my misdemeanor (disorderly conduct - loitering) charge was never dismissed.. I did disclose it from the beginning but I can't believe they hired me and put me in 6 days of training without doing this as the very first thing... what a major humiliation to pull me out of my training class..

I am working with teh head recruiter in sending in my expungement paperwork which I won't have till May 11th (my court appeal date).. I never had a problem with past employers but I guess BoA is very strict on every little thing.. am I suppose to get a letter as to exactly why anytime soon? I want to make sure it is what I know it is (I ordered a copy of the background check from ChoicePoint and it only shows 1 misdemeanor from 2005.. was at the wrong place at the wrong time and pleaded no-contest, which eventually is a guilty charge).. I didn't have the time or resources to fight it back then... but now I do qualify for a dismissal/expungement.. and then I'm going to petition to get it sealed and destroyed as well..

I am hoping its not too late to do this and the recruiter says she will check on the procedures...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Trish in Tarpon Springs, Florida

53 months ago

My background check was pulled for a job that I was already hired and working, was told that my background check came back. Thats all that was said. I was terminated. I received the paperwork in the mail, the report, (background check). It wasnt me! My name, but all the horrible felonies and abuse on this record, none of it was me. So tomorrow I have to start the process of getting this fixed. I really needed this job for Christmas! This money was to get presents for my family. I was just told I was terminated, not shown the report first to deny any of it, just terminated with givinen an opportunity to say, none of this report is valid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Trish in Tarpon Springs, Florida

53 months ago

My background check was pulled for a job that I was already hired and working, was told that my background check came back. Thats all that was said. I was terminated. I received the paperwork in the mail, the report, (background check). It wasnt me! My name, but all the horrible felonies and abuse on this record, none of it was me. So tomorrow I have to start the process of getting this fixed. I really needed this job for Christmas! This money was to get presents for my family. I was just told I was terminated, not shown the report first to deny any of it, just terminated and not givien an opportunity to say, none of this report is valid.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.