Bank of America Background Check and Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Patiently Waiting 008 in Lacey, Washington

25 months ago

So, like most of you, I have a few questions about BofA's background. I have read a lot on here, and haven't exactly found the answer for the questions I have. I have seen them asked, but never answered.

To start of, I will run through how my process has happened so far.

First I applied online for a Personal Banker position. I was then contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview with another recruiter.

I did the phone interview with the local recruiter, which went well, and he had me go to a group panel interview. That went well, and I got along well with the managers, and even the Regional, or forget what his exact title was. After the group, had a one on one, and that manager told me I would hear from the recruiter by Friday. He seemed interested in me, sincerely, and that I would be a good fit at his location.

That was I believe last Tuesday, maybe Wednesday. Then on Friday, I received a call in regards to my background, and my last listed position, and why I left. Explained just like I filled out on my background check. I was laid off due to a major company wide lay off. He then asked if I received unemployment, which I said I did, and asked if that was bad. He said no, and if you get unemployment, its usually because you weren't let go for something serious. He then told me he was "going to close out my background check and I'll hear from the recruiter."

Never heard from my recruiter that day, then later tried him to see if he heard anything, and his voicemail was set for out of office on Friday. So, now it's 4:00 PM on Monday, and I still haven't heard from him.

I know I may be just be overreacting, but I'm worried, I can't remember if I put all of my addresses, and if I forgot to put a short term, older job?

So my questions are as followed:

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

1. I have read that the check is very thorough, but that addresses aren't usually anything you will get flagged over, does anybody know about this?

2. If I forgot to put a job on there, how do they even know?

3. Is unemployment a bad thing, or was he being honest with me?

4. I believe my final question, and most important, does anybody know what the term, "closing out your background check" mean? He made it seem as everything checked out, and he ONLY asked me about my last position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

well, i spoke with my recruiter and now know what happens with all of that.

thanks for responding everybody! i got the best info from everybody who replied to this! you're the best!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Zainy in Newark, Delaware

23 months ago

Hi,
I have same expect questions. Did you find out what happen ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

anon in Reno, Nevada

23 months ago

Washington, DC - The federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is warning employers that it is illegal to use a prospective employee's past conviction records, even for serious felonies, as an "absolute measure" as to whether they should be hired because this "could limit the employment opportunities of some protected groups."

This is, the EEOC says, because blacks and Hispanics are over-represented among felons.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.