Bank Of America Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 118)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Bank Of America?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Cee in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey

88 months ago

majority of all interviews at BOA are panel and they ask you situation questions. You are expected to answer these question like what was your problem? what did you do to resolved the problem? and the conclusion? but be careful or sound too formal...... Also its not bad if you know someone that push your resume on top. WIth the layoffs you are better knowing someone that already works there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (346) / No (62) Reply - Report abuse

Ayse Winkler in Kirkland, Washington

87 months ago

I need to help for interwiev question position is Teller
Tahank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (445) / No (82) Reply - Report abuse

k in Cheshire, Connecticut

87 months ago

Ayse Winkler said:
Tahank you for information

Be careful when you for an interview with them. I went there and a have a regional manager more interested asking me questions as the name of the current manager of a company I left 2 years ago...????? I have no idea! I left 2 years ago! I think they should focus in your resume and ask you questions about work experience and skills

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (81) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

k in Cheshire, Connecticut

87 months ago

Ayse Winkler said:
Tahank you for information

Be careful when you go for an interview with them. I went there and a have a regional manager more interested asking me questions as the name of the current manager of a company I left 2 years ago...????? I have no idea! I left 2 years ago! I think they should focus in your resume and ask you questions about work experience and skills. Not only that they will make you feel like you are wasting your time applying for a job with them. If u don't meet the interviewer expectations...that's fine...don't make them feel bad!....show some respect and be kind!...Be careful when you go there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (67) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

selva in Saint Paul, Minnesota

87 months ago

i need some possible question that could be ask for an interview for a teller position. And tips how l can approach the question

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (428) / No (70) Reply - Report abuse

lucia bandeira in Stamford, Connecticut

87 months ago

hello,an interviev tomorrov for teller and operatir position. thank.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (130) / No (44) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer H. in Jacksonville, Florida

86 months ago

Bank of America is not the only company who offers credit cards to illegal immigrants (ahem, its not just mexicans). Do your research. They're the only ones getting crap for it though since they're such a big company...

PS. if youre illegal, you wouldnt have a social security number.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (62) Reply - Report abuse

Sean in Moraga, California

86 months ago

During the interview they asked me to tell them about myself, describe how I would deal with an irate customer, and summarize the qualities of a successful teller

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (260) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

Brandon

85 months ago

Sean in Moraga, California said: During the interview they asked me to tell them about myself, describe how I would deal with an irate customer, and summarize the qualities of a successful teller

I am also from Moraga. What happened? Were you selected? Good place to work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

Riya Chand in New Port Richey, Florida

84 months ago

I have a group interview as a teller at bank of america. Can anyone help me with what to expect???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (243) / No (38) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Baltimore, Maryland

84 months ago

I was a teller recruiter for a while, so I know the process of hiring Tellers.
Basically, we ask you questions about your old jobs (what you liked and didn't like.) We ask you to tell us how you've changed a customers attitude based on your customer service, and to tell us about the time you've dealt with an irrate customer. We also do a role play, in which we get you to pretend you're a teller, and we pretend that we're a family member trying to gain access to a customer's account.
It's basically to get an idea of how you respond in situations, how you would work out dealing with the general public everyday, and how your customer service skills are.
One word of advice: during the questions and role play, don't ever let on that you're one of those people who gets a manager for every little problem. Make sure you attempt to solve problems yourself, before calling a manager. In the role play, try to go through the whole thing without offering a manager.

Good Luck, it's a pretty good company for mothers and females, but I moved on to something else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (321) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Arnie in Coppell, Texas

84 months ago

hi,guys, I am gonna take an interview of teller group of bank of America . could any you guys give me an idea what question they should ask me? thank you much , I really appreciate it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (165) / No (47) Reply - Report abuse

Mary Rogers in Boston, Massachusetts

84 months ago

not yet, never been fortunate enough to be asked for an interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

had an interview a while back for analyst position, unfortunately the position was scratched, was a newly created one. still waiting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

This is an open forum , not a classroom. Most of us are just trying to communicate and grasp info from one another. I do believe that we can all rise to the occassion when duty calls. I know first impression , last impression.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (50) Reply - Report abuse

Marian Hikson in Rincon, Georgia

82 months ago

How come if people thinf=k about illegal immigrants think only (mexicans)???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (37) Reply - Report abuse

Mary Rogers in Waltham, Massachusetts

82 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Bank Of America?

Any advice on striking the right note?

I hope you good luck, I am still trying to land an interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Mary Rogers in Waltham, Massachusetts

82 months ago

I didn't know they were laying off.
maybe that is why I've had no feed back from regarding all those applications that I've applied for positions in the last month or so.
however, still interested and will wait . maybe I will still get that call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

jodie in Boston, Massachusetts

82 months ago

The phrase "forget about Mexicans" was used entirely out of line, dont know if you listen to yourself or know even what you are writing, you are one of those people,that you are talking about. Biased, racist, and all about me. No one wants to hear dumb,bitter,biased,racial remarks like this. And no I am not Mexican,
just a humanitarian who cares and shares the same concerns as many of us do, but be reasonable, not bitter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (38) Reply - Report abuse

Kathy in Miami, Florida

82 months ago

Hi, I applied also for a position as a Personal Banker in Miami, I think this is a great opportunity to work with this bank, I received a called and the recruiter told me that the salary is almost $30k yearly + $6k average bonus.My problem is I am working for a credit union now with great benefits, friendly work environment and the salary is almost the same this year I will make a little more. I want to switch my job to start my career in banking with BOA, but I don't who is the environment at work and also if this company offers stable jobs? I heard they laid off many people lately. Any advice? I will really apreciate it! Thanks, bye.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

boa teller aspirant in Rincon, Georgia

82 months ago

I applied to boa position before and since they hired someone else, I erased everything and now the position is open again and I really can get thru to re-apply I went to the bank and they said they can't help me, we even start it there and....nothing. If someone can Help me, I would appreciate it.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

James in Casselberry, Florida

82 months ago

Anyone done the role play interview for Banking Center Manager. Any feedback or suggestions would be awesome.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Sandy Vargas in Elizabeth, New Jersey

82 months ago

I have a group interview on Friday for a teller position.
I'm very nervous about group interviews. WOuld like some advice on what type of questions they ask and how to answer them.

What things shouldn't I say? I'm also 6-months pregnant. Should I mention that?

I think if I prepare myself and know somewhat...what's to come, then I won't be as nervous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

warren in Bellwood, Illinois

82 months ago

Roger in Richmond, Virginia said: Not to offend many of you, but I noticed that you have extremely bad grammar. Granted that might be due to typos I'm not going to make a big deal about it, but I would suggest that you clean that up a bit before going into any interview. Most employers like to know that the people they are hiring are educated enough to do the tasks.

HaHa so true

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Maggie in Manchester, New Hampshire

81 months ago

I just had an interview and all she asked was Work History all the dates for the past 5 years, and what was your position at that job. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Patricia in West Covina, California

81 months ago

HEY I JUST HAD MY INTERVIEW WITH THE RECRUITER AUGUST 03 2007. NOW I HAVE MY FINAL INTERVIEW ON AUGUST 07 2007. SO IF I PAST THIS ONE I GET THE JOB...SO HOPEFULLY I GET THE JOB....GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY ELSE WHO HAVE INTERVIEWS....GOD BLESS YOU ALL....AND KEEP YOUR HEAD UP ! ! ! !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Glendale, California

81 months ago

Kathy in Miami, Florida said: Hi, I applied also for a position as a Personal Banker in Miami, I think this is a great opportunity to work with this bank, I received a called and the recruiter told me that the salary is almost $30k yearly + $6k average bonus.My problem is I am working for a credit union now with great benefits, friendly work environment and the salary is almost the same this year I will make a little more. I want to switch my job to start my career in banking with BOA, but I don't who is the environment at work and also if this company offers stable jobs? I heard they laid off many people lately. Any advice? I will really apreciate it! Thanks, bye.

I worked for BofA, GREAT COMPANY. However, the grass is not greener than the credit union. You can advance your career with them if your performance is good and your pay will increase with that. Does politics play a role? You bet. If you are happy and successful and there is room for advancement within the company, then my advice is for you to stay and grow where you are. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jodie in Boston, Massachusetts

81 months ago

Good lord, not another Roger!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Mr Carman in Franklin, Tennessee

81 months ago

Read this book about Ford's hiring -Checkout the new Ford Book - Ford and the American Dream - by Clifton Lambreth - www.thefordbook.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Florence in Decatur, Georgia

81 months ago

Mary Rogers in Boston, Massachusetts said: had an interview a while back for analyst position, unfortunately the position was scratched, was a newly created one. still waiting.

I am scheduled for an interview for an analyst position, what was it like, what can I expect?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

hgjhgj in Bristol, Tennessee

80 months ago

Roger in Richmond, Virginia said: Not to offend many of you, but I noticed that you have extremely bad grammar. Granted that might be due to typos I'm not going to make a big deal about it, but I would suggest that you clean that up a bit before going into any interview. Most employers like to know that the people they are hiring are educated enough to do the tasks.

***to perform the tasks Roger not to do...tisk tisk--dont correct other poeple when u cant get it right

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

myleena reeed in Cleveland, Ohio

80 months ago

Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Maria in Belmont, New Hampshire

80 months ago

Riya Chand in New Port Richey, Florida said: I have a group interview as a teller at bank of america. Can anyone help me with what to expect???

During the group interview, I was ask what do I see in 5 years from now. Always smile when your talking to the interviewer. Wear jacket in to the interview, hair must be well groomed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jasmin in Austin, Texas

80 months ago

Hey i'm trying for teller positions. NAd i don't have any previous experience of interviews? can you tell me what kind of questions i can expect and what should i answer???????????????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

patricia in Whittier, California

80 months ago

hey well my first interview was a group interview and some of the questions had to do with your current or previous job...for example one question was about wat you like the most and disliked the most of your current or last job...another was tell me about a time were you went beyond your responsibilties to help out a customer in need...another one was what do you see yourself in 5 yrs and how dose bank of america fit in the pix...
hope this helps you...and good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

PATRICIA in Whittier, California

80 months ago

jasmin in Austin, Texas said: Hey i'm trying for teller positions. NAd i don't have any previous experience of interviews? can you tell me what kind of questions i can expect and what should i answer???????????????

HEY THERE JASMIN...WELL THE FIRST INTERVIEW IS A GROUP INTERVIEW AND IT TOOK ABOUT 3 HRS...THE QUESTIONS CONSIST OF YOUR CURRENT OR MOST PREVIOUSLY JOB...THE WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU LIKE AND DISLIKE THE MOST...ON THE DISLIKE PART...NEVER SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT YOUR SUPERVISORS...ANOTHER QUESTIONS YOU HAVE TO NAME A TIME YOU WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND TO HELP OUT A CUSTOMER...THEY WANT TO HEAR SOMETHING...FOR EXAMPLE IF YOU WERE WORKING AT MERVYNS...YOU COULD SAY SOMETHING LIKE I WENT ON MY BREAK TO ANOTHER MERVYNS TO BRING A CERTAIN ITEM THAT WE WERE SOLD OUT TO OUR CUSTOMER...AND OTHER QUESTIONS IS WHAT DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN FIVE YRS AND HOW DOES BANK OF AMERICA FIT THE PIX....SO GOOD LUCK AND DONT BE NERVOUS...!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Dominika in Springfield, Virginia

80 months ago

Do you have more questions, I have group interview this coming Friday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

staceygirl in Phoenix, Arizona

80 months ago

I have a role play at a branch next week for a branch manager does anyone have any idea what questions are asked?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

ATL-Linda in Duluth, Georgia

78 months ago

I have an interview with the Regional Manager for the Personal Banker Position Tuesday. Can anyone tell me what to expect in the interview? What questions will they be asking and what right answers they are looking for. Your help will be greatly appreciated! =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

To describe yrself:

Highly motivated
organized
Hard worker
dedicated,etc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

YOu see yourself growing within your company in a position offering challange and personal growth....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

barbie.j.h@hotmail.com in Norcross, Georgia

77 months ago

James in Casselberry, Florida said: Anyone done the role play interview for Banking Center Manager. Any feedback or suggestions would be awesome.

Did you get any feedback on this as I am going tomorrow? I hope you were successful and I appreciate any advice you can give on the Manager role play interview.

Thx :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

barbie.j.h@hotmail.com in Norcross, Georgia

77 months ago

staceygirl in Phoenix, Arizona said: I have a role play at a branch next week for a branch manager does anyone have any idea what questions are asked?

Hi...I just replied to one other person I saw with the manager role play interview question. I go on mine tomorrow and would appreciate any information that you can give. And, I hope you got your job :)

Thx!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Srinivas Shamanthula in Palatine, Illinois

77 months ago

Can u pls share some of Question?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Applied in Moreno Valley, California

77 months ago

I went to a Bank of America interview and the panel ask me this question, I think it was the 2nd question.

"Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

I paused while looking at the fool that asked me the question.

I replied, "Sir, if I had the ability to see 5 years into the future, I would be exceptionally rich as a Poker or Blackjack player and also winning every lottery. In that case, I would be depositing my money into my Bank of America account."

They looked at me in total belief...like wow!

Screw them....its a dumb question from any interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Claire0608 in Sacramento, California

77 months ago

Hey everyone!

I didn't have any problem with the assessment test. It was easy and I nailed it. The next step is the interview and this will be a one on one interview with a recruiter. I hope I only will go through one interview!

Somehow, I do better in one on one interviews. =) I get more nervous with a lot of people. It's not that I'm not outgoing or that I don't have a lot of friends, because I am and I do. It's probably a ego thing since I'm a Leo who loves attention. LOL

Well good luck everyone! You'll all need it especially me! Haha catch you all later. ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Norman Harris in Brea, California

76 months ago

Cee in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey said: majority of all interviews at BOA are panel and they ask you situation questions. You are expected to answer these question like what was your problem? what did you do to resolved the problem? and the conclusion? but be careful or sound too formal...... Also its not bad if you know someone that push your resume on top. WIth the layoffs you are better knowing someone that already works there

Most interviews are not "panels". It is not who you know but how you fit the position. If you are invited to interview you obviously possess a skill set that the recruiter and/or manager is interested in exploring. It is up to you to articulate those skill sets.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ashraf mahfouz in Alexandria, Egypt

76 months ago

good idea

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Monica Sofia Tison in Sierra Madre, California

74 months ago

I need to help for interview question position is Teller
Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.