Bank Of America Teller Hiring Process from start to finish guide

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 78)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

itsblu3 in Rosemead, California

78 months ago

Hi, I recently decided to apply for a teller position for one of the branch in my area. After spending a lot of time on the forums gathering all source of information regarding this whole process, I finally got the job and today was my first day of training in the branch. So I thought I should put together a guide that can somewhat show the people that wants to apply for this position an idea of how the hiring process goes.

1/ First thing I did is search for a BofA teller position on this website and apply

2/ About 3 days after I submitted my application, a Recruiter called me on my cell phone and did a screening over the phone. What this is is basically they tell you what they expect of you for this position (wages, work hours..etc), they also ask why do you want to work in this field and so on. It is very easy.

3/ After the Screening, you will get an email contain a link to an Assessment Test. This is basically a customer service test where they ask a bunch of situational questions and you pick: strongly agree, agree, disagree...etc stuff like that. To me it was very easy to pass, but my recruiter said about 60% of the applicant fail it. If you fail it, you cannot proceed with the application. So make you take the time to do it. If you pass the test, it will hold on your file for 2 years, so you don't have to take it again.

4/ After you passed the assessment test, you will get another email containing all the information to a Group Interview usually withing 2-3 days. The size of your group interview varies. I had a big group 22 people. The interview lasts a little over 3.5 hours. The recruiter will bring the group to a big room. Then you will watch a video about BofA. Then he will have you fill our a form regarding your work schedule and locations desired. You must bring a copy of your resume with you to the interview because you will turn it in. Also you must bring those authorization forms that they sent you in the email filled out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (319) / No (45) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

They'll collect those forms from you. Then he will ask you to introduce yourself. Basically he'll go around the table so everyone will get the chance to speak. Then he talked a lot about the position and give you all the information about it. Then he'll ask you 3 questions, mine were: how do you handle an angry customer?, and tell me what you like/dislike most about your previous job?, and where do you see yourself in 2 years regarding BofA?. Then for the last part of the group interview he will have you pick a random item out of a bag and you have to sell it. It is not that hard, all you have to do is make sure you smile at all time and show the spirit that you want this job and you will be fine. And that concluded the group interview. He will let you know in the same day whether or not you passed the interview. If you don't pass, you cannot reapply for this position for 9 months.

5/ An hour later after the interview, he called me and said I did a great job and that he setup an interview with a branch manager for me at a branch close to my house. He also email me a very important form that you MUST FILLED OUT CORRECTLY! IT IS THE EMPLOYMENT AND ADDRESS FORM. You must list all your employments in the past 5 years IN DETAILS!!!! You cannot be off in this form or you will be disqualified. The dates has to be correct. You might have to call your previous employer to ask. This part is very important so make sure you take some good time to get it done. To me this is the hardest part of the hiring process. It basically a background check and they do a VERY THOROUGH CHECK! you cannot hide anything. Just list everything and you will be fine. Then just submit that form and you're all set.

6/ I then go to the interview with the branch manager, this is 1 on 1. Very easy, they ask the same questions as the group interview, nothing new. You might have to do a role play of selling a product so be prepare for that. I didn't have to. Very quick, it's about 15mins or so.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (177) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

7/ About 2 hours after the interview, my recruiter called me and ask how did the interview went, and I just told him it was good. And he just offered me the position CONTINGENT to a SATISFACTORY BACKGROUND CHECK (hints those forms you filled out). If your information is incorrect and it comes back to him UNSATISFACTORY, you will lose the offer.

8/ 3-4 days later, recruiter called me again and said everything is fine and gave me my appointment to come to downtown LA to do my fingerprint and also my orientation day and training dates.

9/ Then that is pretty much, you just have to show up to those dates and they will give you all the information you need.

They do not do Credit Check. But if they know you have bad credit they will not hire you because if you cannot take care of your own account, how can you take care of other people's accounts. BUT THEY DO NOT CHECK IT IN THE BACKGROUND CHECK!

I work PT 30hrs+ and in my area this is a great place to work. You get full medical benefits, vacations, discount rates on checking, saving, credit cards, mortgage...etc

Well I hope this will somewhat help you get an idea of what to expect and save you time from having to look around the forum. Peace out and good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (268) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

In the bag are a bunch of mostly office equipments and some other random stuff (stopwatch, staplers, glues, nail polish, sponge, water bottle, pen, and some others). Use your imaginary and try to think of something cool. For example, I got the stapler and the way I present it is by start out with an intro like: Hi guys! How are you guys doing? I'm here today to present to you guys a fantastic product...... this is not a normal stapler that you see in school or office. This product can do everything for you. It is also a GPS device and a cellphone. Basically you just make up stuff and make it fun. What the recruiter interest in is not how you came up with the idea but how do you present it. ALWAYS SMILE and SHOW SPIRITS and they'll love you. I don't like interview either but once you get use to it, it's actually not that bad. You just have to be calm and go with the flow, and have fun with it. Smile is very important and bring out a friendly fun attitude and speak loud if you are in a big room.

When you do your interview at the branch, they might make you do a sell role-play too so be prepare. The only different is that it is a 1 on 1 sell where they will be the buyer and you are the seller and you don't have to present it in front of a crowd. The key to it is smile!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (109) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Elatimer in arnold, Maryland

74 months ago

Hi!! Thanks so much for all the info you posted here. I spend a whole day trying to find out what the hiring process for a teller was, and thanks to your post I finally know!!!(24 hours later). Do you have any tips for me? I get very nervous on 1 on 1 interviews and I think it will be worst in a group interview. Thanks again!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bankof America in Homestead, Florida

74 months ago

Good Luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

C L in Chicago, Illinois

74 months ago

What kind of job background do you have? Did you have teller experience to get hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Tavo in Seattle, Washington

73 months ago

Hey you all!!
i just wanted to know how long it took for you, the ones already working as BofA tellers, to get a call from recruters..
i applied 10 days ago and i worry because i've read the people get called like in 3 days... Sould i worry?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

cdq1 in Virginia Beach, Virginia

73 months ago

Well I'm in the same place that a lot of you are in or where. I did the group interview, the interview with a corporate person and an interview with a bank manager but I'm still waiting for the job. I had my interview with the bank manager on August 28 she said she would call me within 3-4 days and let me know if I got the job. Well here I am still waiting, is that good or bad thing?? I called the recruiter so that I could get information but no respond and I also called the bank manager and no respond. I'm going crazy with all this waiting!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Swapna Golla in Westcolumbia, South Carolina

73 months ago

itsblu3 in Rosemead, California said: 7/ About 2 hours after the interview, my recruiter called me and ask how did the interview went, and I just told him it was good. And he just offered me the position CONTINGENT to a SATISFACTORY BACKGROUND CHECK (hints those forms you filled out). If your information is incorrect and it comes back to him UNSATISFACTORY, you will lose the offer.

8/ 3-4 days later, recruiter called me again and said everything is fine and gao downtown LA to do my fingerprint and also my orientation day and training dates.

9/ Then that is pretty much, you just have to show up to those dates and they will give you all the information you need.

They do not do Credit Check. But if they know you have bad credit they will not hire you because if you cannot take care of your own account, how can you take care of other people's accounts. BUT THEY DO NOT CHECK IT IN THE BACKGROUND CHECK!

I work PT 30hrs+ and in my area this is a great place to work. You get full medical benefits, vacations, discount rates on checking, saving, credit cards, mortgage...etc

Well I hope this will somewhat help you get an idea of what to expect and save you time from having to look around the forum. Peace out and good luck!

Hi there!!
After assessment i got e-mail of forms stuff and later telephonic interview. so , what's my question is do i have to attend even group interview(becz i have done telephonic)?
or
its just with branch manager
Group interview conducted is near to ur living place?

Thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

laketa8482 in Niles, Illinois

62 months ago

I applied for a tellers position on line and the same day I got a call from the recuriter and he set me up for the next day to have a phone interview. My phone intervier went really goos and THe following day I had an interview at the branch. That interview also went well. About 2 days later I was set up on the 3rd interview which I will have on monday with the branch manager. Can anyone tell me what is the next step? And How long is the hiring process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Dulce91 in Bakersfield, California

58 months ago

Ok so I want to start off as a bank teller to start off my career but Im completely clueless about the whole process. Your post really helped.
But do you have to be a certain age for ex 18+ or 21+?
Experience needed?
What education is required?
How do you apply?
if you can please let me know ASAP!!
Thanks

God Bless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

lilee21 in Randolph, Massachusetts

53 months ago

I have my phone interview today with BofA and I am so nervous! Then I was reading some comments on here and it calmed my nerves a little bit until I read about the selling thing with the group interview. I don't think I can do that, I've never sold anything or pretended to sell anything like that. Does everywhere do that? or just bigger areas. Does anyone have any tips, examples, or ways of doing that?? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

kurda in Roanoke, Virginia

52 months ago

hiiii
i want to now i can faind a jobs in bank of america
becaus i very like these company .and i will i faind teller job whit him

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

joe010_1 in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

Well, like people have said and right on with the group interview to meeting the manager after you pass the group interview. I have just done the group and meeting the manager, to me it was very easy if you prepare your self and follow other people advice. With the group interview, there was like 16 people in there. They ask each people, to tell them about your self, how you hear about the company, what do you do now, how does BOA fit into your future, what you have done above and beyond from your current or past work experiences. We actually, didn't get a chance to sell or role play ran out of time but expect it. When you answer these questions tailor your answers to the position your applying for and your experiences. I see lots of people who answer these questions and it has nothing to do with the position. My advice don't ever say your going to work with BOA for a year or two bc your only working as a teller till something else comes along. That's a bad move. Guys wear a suit with a tie!!! And like everyone has said SMILE!!!! lol Don't be to nervous, the recruiter does a good job to make everyone comfortable in the room. After she interview, she goes to another room with her associate and talks to about who she likes. How this process works is she calls people one by one. I think everyone does it differently but, she actually called the person one by one who didn't make it and the people she liked at the end all went to the room. Oh half the people that made it worked as a teller before so I was nervous about that bc she choose half of the people out of 16. Anyways, she just assign location and times for the manager interview. Also, with the background checks you have to be right on. 10 years where you live, 5 years work history, and your education. I went to the manager interview it was easy than the group. They just asked me tell me about my self, what I bring to the company, how I hear about them, sell them a item (stapler), and times I can work etc......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

joe010_1 in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

The whole interview process took 15 mins. They was very friendly. I interveiw with manager and teller operations manager. Now waiting to hear from them. Should be like 2 days. Hope this helps. And good luck everyone. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

paaiz2007 in Alameda, California

51 months ago

i didn't pass the assessment test first time, i went on their web site and tried with different email address and pass!they called me and made appt for group interview for next week ! I am so nervous , are they going to find out a bout it?? I have very good profile and work experience, but if they know i didn't pass and try next day again what is going to happen?? please help me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

MMV in Ontario, California

50 months ago

itsblu3 in Rosemead, California said: 7/ About 2 hours after the interview, my recruiter called me and ask how did the interview went, and I just told him it was good. And he just offered me the position CONTINGENT to a SATISFACTORY BACKGROUND CHECK (hints those forms you filled out). If your information is incorrect and it comes back to him UNSATISFACTORY, you will lose the offer.

8/ 3-4 days later, recruiter called me again and said everything is fine and gave me my appointment to come to downtown LA to do my fingerprint and also my orientation day and training dates.

Hello =) your info was very useful but I'm wondering if you can answer my question/ I recently applied and had a quick phone interview then a group interview and it went GREAT!!!like really really great..umm, the store mgr of the store I was applying to was actually there and I spoke to him afterwards as well. Anyways This was about a month and a half ago do you think I'll get the seond interview?

Much appreciated,

Marilyn V.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MMV in Ontario, California

50 months ago

i didn't send a card, but I called and left a voicemail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ivory in Manchester, New Hampshire

44 months ago

HI everyone. I recently applied as teller at Bank of America. I took the assessment test. There are series of test: personality test, accuracy in counting money, typing test, accuracy in looking for errors. Its time bounded. The next day I receive a call from a recruiter after a few days. It was a quick interview (if I am flexible with any kind of schedule, location, what am I doing recently). The recruiter said she will emailed me a background check form. After that they will call me again to schedule for an interview. Anyone here who goes on the same process as mine?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

hi psinerius. i already received their email containg the background screening form that I have to fill out. i got it 3 days after the recruiter called me. its been a 2 weeks already that I submitted it and so far Im not getting any feedback from them yet. I called my recruiter last Friday but went to a voicemail. I just left 2 same voicemail messages to make sure, telling her that I am making a follow up on my application. I am hoping I wil hear something from them soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

hi psinerius. I got their email 3 days after the recruiter called me. I submitted the completed background screening form 2 weeks ago, and until now I am still waiting for their feedback. I called my recruiter last Friday but she is not around. So I just left 2 similar voicemail messages to make sure, making a follow up on my application. Im not sure why its taking so long to get back background check results. The only thing I can think of is I am new here in the US, I just got here last September. I have one US experience though, I am currently a volunteer of the American Red Cross. I hope I will get positive results from them anytime soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

AbusedCustomer in Williston, South Carolina

43 months ago

I've been Bank of America customer for over 12 years and quite often the tellers would attempt to cheat me out of my money either buy shortchanging, attempting to not give me cash at all (!!) etc. They would do that for amounts between $50 to $200, but never less than $50 and that happened at least 6 to 8 times, but this time the teller attempted to cheat me out of over $600. Should I report the teller?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

psinerius in Monterey Park, California

43 months ago

ivory, I still haven't received an email from my recruiter and I was suppose to hear from her by now. I'm in a rough spot because when she called she didn't leave a number I could call her back on and when I received the incoming call it had a blocked phone number on there, so I'm not really sure what to do at this point because I have no number to follow up with her on and she said all the information was going to be in the email that she was suppose to send to me by now. Any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

hi psinerius, i suggest you wait for a few more days to a week. recruiters are very busy so we have to be patient.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

hi psinerius. pls give it a couple more days to a week. recruiters are very busy so we have to be patient. i am also on the same situation like yours. good luck to both of us. dont lose hope. :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

hack in High Point, North Carolina

43 months ago

Hi.

I recieved a call from a recruiter on 2/24 and she set up an in person interview for the next day. The interview went very well and when I left the interviewer told me I would hear from the recruiter. It was a week today so I called the recruiter. She stated she was having trouble getting in tough with the interviewer and would check in with her. She said she was getting ready to go into a conference call but would find out something today or Monday. The thing is.....the job I applied for is no longer posted. Is this a good thing or a bad thing. I have received nothing about a background check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Hi hack,

i am on the same situation as yours. i am done with my interviews last Wednesday and am waiting a call from a recruiter. i also just checked online and the job that I applied for is no longer available. Im very worried. Pls keep me posted regarding your application. Thanks a lot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Hi Ivory

I will let you know what I find out tomorrow. I am pretty nerved out too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Hi hack,

thanks. i will keep you posted too.

43 months ago

hi hack,

pls keep me posted. my email address is quell_102@yahoo.com. thanks a lot. good luck and i wish you get the job. :-)

43 months ago

I called today and the recruiter said they were having a meeting tomorrow and I should here something

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

I called today and the recruiter said they were having a meeting tomorrow and I should here something. I still have never recieved anything about a background check or other assesment. Perhaps that is just for tellers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

meesan13 in Lowell, Massachusetts

41 months ago

i passed the assessment test but i didn't get any call or mail i m still worried

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

limitx15 in Long Beach, California

40 months ago

Hey Guys, i need your suggestion!

I recently applied for the Teller position at BoA, passed assessment test, and then a recruiter called me to attend the group interview , that went really well, because after the interview, she took me aside and told me that she will be calling me that evening and direct me to go to a banking center where they need me. I sent my information for the Employment background check, which i also passed. After a week, she calls and set up any interview within a day with a manager in a certain baking center. My interview was to start at 2; 00pm, because i was so nervous, i arrived so early around 1;30pm, the manager did not like it, the first thing she mentioned when i introduced myself was,” but are so early'?)I said, yes, i am sorry, i can wait take all your time. So she comes to me 2:15pm to start the interview, she looked really angry like she did not want to be there. She mentions to me that, she doesn't interview candidates usually because she is the manager, she ‘s doing it because her assistant is away. I did not say anything back. Immediately, in my mind, i predicted that this is not going to go well. Anyway, she asks me what do you know about BoA, i give her all my best, She asks me what was your duties previously, i tell her all my duties which were in line with a teller position i was applying for.
Then she tells me that, the interview is done, i will be hearing from them after all the candidates are interviewed. The following morning i get the email that, i was not qualified for the position that i should reapply in six months. This manager did not even give me her time, she was being interrupted all the time during my interview, and she asked me only two questions which were easy to me since I was prepaid. I really don’t know what to do at this time, i want this job. Should i let go? Is there any other person to contact for a second interview? Should i create another profile under a different email address to reapply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Kansas City, Missouri

40 months ago

I recently applied for the Teller position. I passed the assessment and the phone interview, and just had my interview with the Branch Manager and Teller Manager. I think I did well, but you never know. My recruiter says she'll call me by the end of the week and that they are still interviewing other candidates and I don't know if that's a good sign or bad sign?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

limitx15 in Long Beach, California

40 months ago

I think it's a good sign. Usually if you don't connect with the branch manager, the recruter informs you immediately that you were not a match based on your experience or the interview through the email. So the fact that they did not tell you right a way, it might be good news.
Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Kansas City, Missouri

40 months ago

I got the job!! my recruiter left me a voicemail two days later and when I called her back, she said "So how would you like a job at BOA?" and I just said "I'll take it". My recruiter was really nice and she was professional, but also friendly. This was a nice experience for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dee in Dixon, California

37 months ago

Jen in Kansas City, Missouri said: I got the job!! my recruiter left me a voicemail two days later and when I called her back, she said "So how would you like a job at BOA?" and I just said "I'll take it". My recruiter was really nice and she was professional, but also friendly. This was a nice experience for me.

Jen, out of curiousity what are your sales goals like?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

gromero in San Francisco, California

34 months ago

Hi! I applied for a Teller position at BofA I did the assesment phone interview and I did the background check. I was schedule for an interview with the branch manager I went to the interview and when it was finished the manager told me to contact my recruiter within three business days. Is that a good sign or a bad sign? Someone please respond.. Thanks

Hey_Its_Toofine in Hampton, Virginia

33 months ago

I went through the process of the assesment test.I failed it the first time then applied again under a diffrent email and had my bf help me with it because i always fail them for some reason but i did pass!a week later recuiter called me for phone interview,passed that then background check lady called to confirm why i quit one of my jobs,i told her.It took about 4 days until i got my interview scheduled because I think the lady may have forgot because I had to call and leave a message to asking why havent i received a call.Which was yesterday and she scheduled me for interview today(defiantly got to call them because they be forgetting sometimes).Then I had my interview today It went well!I wore a suit with a skirt and they kept complimenting me on how well i was dressed(BIG PLUS),this is the way they want all their employees to dress,so im guessing i could fit right in ;)No group interview just me,the manager and assistant manager.So i guess its not always a group interview,which i was so happy about.But this one i applied to I hear is one of the busiest ones and 3rd largest so I hope with my school schedule and working 20 hours part time will not be as stressful.The Pay rate is great i must say 11 and up starting.And I am ready to start my career.Im 20 years old and was always working min wage teenage jobs and I am so ready for a change!Yall Please Pray for me!I hope I get it and become successful in this field.:D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

customer service manager in confidential

32 months ago

I'm a branch manager in the SF Bay Area. When a banking center manager informs you that the recruiter will get back to you, that's perfectly normal. Whether you are well received and selected, or not selected by the hiring manager, you are always referred back to the recruiter. That is standard procedure as the recruiters are your main points of contact until you report for first day of work to you banking center.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in Canyon Country, California

30 months ago

I applied for a teller positon with b of a, I got an email for the assesment test in which i passed.. A couple days later I got the authorization form to disclose where I have lived for the past 10 years and past jobs ive had going 5 years back. I have never got a call from a recruiter, is this normal? I did the background paper work on line 2 days ago! Can anyone let me know why?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in Canyon Country, California

30 months ago

I feel like I skipped a step maybe by accident?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cynthia in Carson, California

29 months ago

i had my secong interview yesterday. how will i know if i landed on the job or not? should i call my recruiter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Niki in Smithfield, Virginia

27 months ago

Do you know how long do they let you seat on computer for training? is it 3 months?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Flash100 in Medford, Oregon

25 months ago

I completed my online application. Then I get an e-mail saying to take the assessment (money counting, personality, typing, etc). The assessment says it only takes an hour to complete. Wrong. I spent the next THREE hours on it.

Even though assessment sections have a count-down timer of five minutes, the timer stops after you answer every question. Then it takes several seconds to load the new question (also giving you a mental break). So "five minutes" per section really ends up being 30 minutes... which adds up to about three hours.

The only way to make the test go faster is if you waste lots of time trying to figure out an answer to a timed question. However, don't just guess blindly: the system does warn you that is a penalty for incorrect answers.

Bay Area Financial Rep in San Francisco, California

25 months ago

Don’t go into this job thinking you’ll have a career at BofA:

In 2011, Forbes ranks Bank of America near the bottom of its list in banks. They ranked BofA 91st out of 100 in terms of financial health. www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2011/12/13/full-list-americas-best-and-worst-banks/

Also, BofA has begun a downsizing of 30,000-36,000 employees between 2011 and 2014. www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/morning_roundup/2011/09/bank-of-america-ending-30k-more-jobs.html

So, in the interview when you are asked “What are your weaknesses?” just know that they pale in comparison to BofA’s troubles! And turnabout is fair play: After you disclose your weaknesses, then ask the interviewer(s) to describe their weakness. If you get an avoidance answer, then think hard before accepting a position working under that person’s supervision.

The interview is also YOUR opportunity to feel out the personality and management style of potential supervisors. Sometimes it is better to decline a job offer working for a shady supervisor. Best wishes in your job search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

taxlady in Federal Way, Washington

18 months ago

you can contact recruiter and explain to him/her all these and ask her to recommend you to an other branches. I am sorry to here that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MysticPizza in Newark, Delaware

14 months ago

lkm0804 in Irving, Texas said: I interviewed with the branch manager today but I never got any paper work to fill out for background. What does that mean?

I interviewed with a manager last week and her boss earlier this week via phone, but have not received any paperwork for background check either. I don't know what to think. :/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.