Bank of America interview process, screening etc

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Donnie in Phoenix, Arizona

6 months ago

Hey guys, I have applied for a job with BOA and just got back from my one on one interview with 3 managers on Friday! They said they will send the result to my recruiter who will then contact for the next stage.. Meanwhile I have passed the phone interview , assessments and she emailed me a link for the background same day after the phone interview and gave me 48hours to fill and submit preferably before my one on one interview ! I filled everything to the best of my knowledge but I'm a bit worried about my most recent job with chase as I fell sick while working due to an abuse I suffered from my ex husband and was at the hospital for a while, and then my manager placed me on unpaid medical leave pending when I will return. Well unfortunately I had to leave the city to another one discharge to be safe from my violent ex husband and so I couldn't return back to that chase as he knew my job and would have still been coming to make a fool of himself.. I don't really know when my leave expired so I didn't know the exact month to file in my ASI/EEV forms I added 3 months from when I fell sick.

My question is.. Will this affect my background checks? My credit and records and clean as a whistle this is my Only concern. Do I have to worry about this? I read in some other forums that some investigators will call you to ask questions ., I will be glad if I get that call so I can explain to him/her exactly what happened that makes me not know the exact month chase bank cancelled my sick leave or if it's still open I have no idea! Please any useful info will be much appreciated!!

PS.. I will post my experiences on here later including the questions I was asked during interviews maybe it will help someone( I just need this out of the way so I can clear my head) thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in Royal Oak, Michigan

6 months ago

Can I ak you, did they do a credit check? On the ASI is there a part where they ask your social security number? Do they want to know all employers for 10 years or just five years? Thanks, I need to know because I want to apply at BOA.

6 months ago

Cindy in Royal Oak, Michigan said: Can I ak you, did they do a credit check? On the ASI is there a part where they ask your social security number? Do they want to know all employers for 10 years or just five years? Thanks, I need to know because I want to apply at BOA.

Yes they checked everything and actually call the former employers to confirm.. They do Finger prints, background checks etc.and you must provide your social security number, date of birth , all names including aliases.

Employers for past 5 years but if it's only one then you will list for past 10years. and every address you have lived in the past 10yrs

Julie 1000 in South San Francisco, California

5 months ago

Did you started working already ?? If yes i have some questions with the if you can answer them but till than i have some suggestions for you .
yes they do call you if they think all info is not mentioned so when they call you can let them know everything or else you can pass the missing info to your recruiter and recruiter pass that info to your invetigator team than they call and make sure with you so i would suggest let your recruiter know .

5 months ago

Julie 1000 in South San Francisco, California said: Did you started working already ?? If yes i have some questions with the if you can answer them but till than i have some suggestions for you .
yes they do call you if they think all info is not mentioned so when they call you can let them know everything or else you can pass the missing info to your recruiter and recruiter pass that info to your invetigator team than they call and make sure with you so i would suggest let your recruiter know .

I'm starting in about a week. The pay was not what I expected but hey it's better than staying home jobless. And yes Julie I mentioned it to my recruiter and she said I was gonna get a call from the investigator anyway and so I should mention it to him/her so they can update my record while in that call.. I got two calls.. One was to verify all infos I submitted including SSN and the other was to verify the exact start and end days of my previous employers including every single addresses and the supervisors names and contact numbers.. So it was fixed and I went for my I-9 and fingerprinting last week. I also got an email a day after finger printing confirming my start date and welcoming me again to BOA.. Happy! What's your suggestion you have Julie??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

Hey Congratulations :))))
I started 2 weeks ago and after you start they say you have a teller test that you need to pass if not they say they won't continue with u . I have not taking yet still doing my training but yah I don't know y is it like that after hiring I am very worried , let me know if u know anything about this , keep posted

Thanks for replying

Anthony2014 in Los Angeles, California

5 months ago

Julie 1000 in South San Francisco, California said: Hey Congratulations :))))
I started 2 weeks ago and after you start they say you have a teller test that you need to pass if not they say they won't continue with u . I have not taking yet still doing my training but yah I don't know y is it like that after hiring I am very worried , let me know if u know anything about this , keep posted

Thanks for replying

Hi Julie

First of all congratulations. Wish you best of luck in your new career. Could you please let me know how long did it take you to get the results of the Applicant Screening Investigation? I am asking, because after my interview with branch manager, I was contacted by the recruiter and he said, that he is going to start the process of my pre-employment screening investigation and he will keep me updated once the results are returned. It has already passed a week, but I haven't heard anything either from the investigators or the recruiter. But he told me, that it is going to take up to 5 business days. Should I worry about this or its normal, that it is taking so long? I am really stressed. Please share your experience in this process if you can.

5 months ago

Thanks Anthony
It is normal it took 1 week for me as we'll ... Good luck
Don't worry if you mentioned everything true and I will surely keep posting

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.