BofA Applicant Screening Investigation (ASI)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 376)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Star in Mooresville, North Carolina

54 months ago

For those of you who have questions regarding the ASI process at BofA, please ask away! I will do my best to help out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (89) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Chitown82 in Chicago, Illinois

54 months ago

Will they contact an employer I worked for 2 days? I quit when I got a better job and did not leave on good terms.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

brad92r in orlando, Florida

54 months ago

working 2 days wouldnt necessarily be needed to put down. but if u list it , just say you left on good terms for a better opportunity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Molly Jonhas in Greenwood, Indiana

53 months ago

I have been offered an internship for this summer with Merrill Lynch, which was bought out by BofA last year. I was charged with an misdeamnor shoplifting offense in October of last year. I entered into a diversion program, and even had an private investigator run a background check on me. He was unable to come up with anything. My question is, will BofA be able to find this charge anywhere on my record if he was unable to?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Chitown82 in Chicago, Illinois said: Will they contact an employer I worked for 2 days? I quit when I got a better job and did not leave on good terms.

Yes, they will need to know any all employers you put down even if you worked there for 1 day or 5 hours. If they paid you put it down. I agree with Brad in response to your reson for leaving. The main things they are looking for is accurate dates of employment and if you got fired or not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brad Lord in Hung Hom, Hong Kong

53 months ago

Hi everyone

my case is that, I have worked for 2 companies before and I was fired for my first job. The boss doesn't like me and they didn't even left me a reference letter when I left.
I joined in another company in the consecutive month after being fired and I got a good reference letter. I am quite sure the employer of my second job will say good things about me.
after that, I took a postgrad degree for 1 year and I applied to BofA, they get me an offer and I signed the contract. Now they are awaiting for my application form and employment history (sounds weird for company to do that AFTER they gave u offer and you signed) I did put my past 2 jobs on my Resume when I applied the job.

My question is: should I put the company which fired me in the employment history? I have read so many post here and they freaked me out. Suppose I put it on the list, am i digging my own grave for doing so?

It is a nightmare to fresh graduate getting fired for the first job and I have proved myself a good employee for my second job. I understand that BofA will not hear my story and all they care about is whether you get fired or not.

I am so scared now and I kinda told everyone i got an offer. Could anyone help me? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Brad,

Is that the ONLY job you have been let go from in the past 5 years? If so, you will be fine. Just put down everything and say something along the lines of "position was not a good fit" or what have you. If you have been let go from more than one job in 5 years you will be disqualified from the hiring process. Yes, even though you have signed and accepted the offer. Strange I know! They should review backgrounds and make sure they are clear before sending offers getting peoples hopes up! But again, if you just have one termination in 5 years you will be cleared.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Thank you so much for your reply.

Yes that is the only job I have been let go in 5 years.
But how about the phone calling issue? Why are you so sure?

Anyway I decided to put everything on, I believe no one would like their employee who lie and hide things up
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Star,

Do you have email? I have smthing personal to ask you about
Mind if we can chat via email or smthing?

Cheers

Brad

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Sure, teshanicole@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

summer_analyst_1984 in Miami, Florida

53 months ago

What is the information given in the Background Check
compared against?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dre132000 in Augusta, Georgia

52 months ago

Star in Mooresville, North Carolina said: For those of you who have questions regarding the ASI process at BofA, please ask away! I will do my best to help out.

I finished the ASI two days ago, and then forgot about an employer i worked at for only three days, the company was a fraud and then they went out of business, so i dont think that there is any record of them. Will that have any affect on employment.? and i also have had 9 jobs in the past five years, Do u think that will go against me? most of them have been part time or temp or seasonal because im a college student. But today I received a call from my recruitor scheduling me for a panel interview next week with different managers, so what does that mean, was it satisfactory i forgot to ask her?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Star in Lexington, North Carolina

52 months ago

dre132000 in Augusta, Georgia said: I finished the ASI two days ago, and then forgot about an employer i worked at for only three days, the company was a fraud and then they went out of business, so i dont think that there is any record of them. Will that have any affect on employment.? and i also have had 9 jobs in the past five years, Do u think that will go against me? most of them have been part time or temp or seasonal because im a college student. But today I received a call from my recruitor scheduling me for a panel interview next week with different managers, so what does that mean, was it satisfactory i forgot to ask her?

Dre - Yes, I would still put that company down. If you were paid and it was in the last five years make sure you include it. Having 9 jobs will not disqualify you. The ASI can take up to 5 days to come back. Your recruiter will let you know if you passed or not. I wouldn't worry about unless you've been fired multiple times from different employers in the past 5 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Star in Lexington, North Carolina

52 months ago

summer_analyst_1984 in Miami, Florida said: What is the information given in the Background Check
compared against?

ususally it's compared against what you provide them and what comes up on your employment record through social security office.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CJH in Tempe, Arizona

52 months ago

I hope someone can help with some questions i have about B of A employment ..
I am currently going through the interview process .. and wanted to get an idea of the credit check .. I have had perfect credit for 15 years ( my whole adult life ) until I lost my job 3 months ago ... since then I am past due on two mortgages that I have .. one of which is with Bank of America ....
How do they factor that into the process?
Also do they fire employees if they foreclose on a Bank of America mortgage?
Any inside help will be appreciated ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Souljouster in Norwalk, California

52 months ago

I am in the same situation as CJH with the credit we lost 80% our income since 2006, burned all savings until 2008.

52 months ago

Im pleased to announce I was contacted by a recruitor today and they have decided to extend to me a position, now im jus waiting from another call from the recruitor to do a my fingerprint. Does anyone know about how long the rest of the process should take from here on until I start my first day of training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Star in Lexington, North Carolina said: Dre - Yes, I would still put that company down. If you were paid and it was in the last five years make sure you include it. Having 9 jobs will not disqualify you. The ASI can take up to 5 days to come back. Your recruiter will let you know if you passed or not. I wouldn't worry about unless you've been fired multiple times from different employers in the past 5 years.

Im pleased to announce I was contacted by a recruitor today and they have decided to extend to me a position, now im jus waiting from another call from the recruitor to do a my fingerprint. Does anyone know about how long the rest of the process should take from here on until I start my first day of training

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Guiv

52 months ago

While i was in the interviewing procces and the job offer i was fired from my job this is the second job i been let go in the past five years is this a reason to be concern? thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Soujouster in Norwalk, California

52 months ago

Dre132000,

Congrat.... I guess credit wasn't that important. I was contacted by the recruiter and they stated that my ASI came back sastify.

Good luck to all

52 months ago

CONGRATS!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Soujouster in Norwalk, California said: Dre132000,

Congrat.... I guess credit wasn't that important. I was contacted by the recruiter and they stated that my ASI came back sastify.

Good luck to all

Thank you and congratulations to you also, Im so excited.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Guiv said: While i was in the interviewing procces and the job offer i was fired from my job this is the second job i been let go in the past five years is this a reason to be concern? thanks

If you've been fired more than once in 5 years I would certaintly be concerned. You could still go through the process but don't be surprised if you don't get hired. Not to sound harsh or anything but it's just the truth. Keep your options open!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

dre132000 in Augusta, Georgia said: Im pleased to announce I was contacted by a recruitor today and they have decided to extend to me a position, now im jus waiting from another call from the recruitor to do a my fingerprint. Does anyone know about how long the rest of the process should take from here on until I start my first day of training

AWESOME!!!! GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Star in Mooresville, North Carolina said: AWESOME!!!! GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!!

thank you Star cant wait to start

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Guiv in Framingham, Massachusetts

52 months ago

yeah but i was fired just when i got the job offer and how can they know i was fired as far as i know my previous employer doesnt disclose that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

brandon1988 in Seattle, Washington

52 months ago

where can i go to find a list of all my past employer and the exact hiring/ending dates?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

the work number/ theworknumber.com and they'll mail you a copy in a couple of days...you might need to call them the number is on the website

Nicolasa in Seattle, Washington

52 months ago

I entered the wrong year of employment for the 2 days I worked at Victoria Secret. I fear this may interfere with me getting any further. Do I have a chance still or am i honestly screwed? I emailed my recruiter.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CH in Tempe, Arizona

52 months ago

I hope someone can help with some questions i have about B of A employment ..
I am currently going through the interview process .. and wanted to get an idea of the credit check .. I have had perfect credit for 15 years ( my whole adult life ) until I lost my job 3 months ago ... since then I am past due on two mortgages that I have .. one of which is with Bank of America ....
How do they factor that into the process?
Also do they fire employees if they foreclose on a Bank of America mortgage?
Any inside help will be appreciated ...

SoulJouster in Covina, California

52 months ago

Hello CH,

I was in the same situation. my ASI came back ok and I will be starting my job soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CH in Tempe, Arizona

52 months ago

Congrats SJ
That is good to hear ..
Good luck with the job !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Nicolasa in Seattle, Washington said: I entered the wrong year of employment for the 2 days I worked at Victoria Secret. I fear this may interfere with me getting any further. Do I have a chance still or am i honestly screwed? I emailed my recruiter.....

Just an update though im sure nobody cares lol I realized my mistake in time to get a hold of my recruiter to fix the wrong date on ASI so fyi you can do that. I was ultimately offered the job and start this week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

which branch?

did you get a called back from your recruiter regarding your asi?
my recruiter told me no call about my asi form is good news.

i just finished my manager meeting and i hope i don't get a call back about my asi form.

CT76 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

52 months ago

Do you know when they would likely run the credit check ?
I have completed all my interviews ... but have not completed any of the other paper work?
Will they fingerprint me .. if I am working in a call center ... not a branch
I have not completed any ASI information?
I'm not even sure I know what ASI is ...

Any help would be appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

I was hired to a Tacoma branch.. It took 3 days and I received a call saying it came back satisfactory after much anxiety like youre going through! So if you are super anxious just give your recruiter a call after a few days lol bug them if you feel the need.

52 months ago

Thanks ..
What are the ASI forms like?
I haven't completed any of them?
What are on those forms?
Thanks again

52 months ago

Nicolasa in Seattle, Washington said: I was hired to a Tacoma branch.. It took 3 days and I received a call saying it came back satisfactory after much anxiety like youre going through! So if you are super anxious just give your recruiter a call after a few days lol bug them if you feel the need.

ahhhhh i submitted my form on monday, i guess i'm not getting a call today. i don't know if i want to hear from them, because no call might be good news according to my recruiter but like you said you got a call back saying it was satisfied which is also why i want to hear from them.

52 months ago

CT76 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Thanks ..
What are on those forms?
Thanks again

the form is pretty much straight forward..
address(s) in your last 10 years of residency
last 5 years of employment - which includes hire date, ending date, salary, reason for living, etc
previous education

the tricky part is all information has to be accurate

52 months ago

brandon1988 in Seattle, Washington said: ahhhhh i submitted my form on monday, i guess i'm not getting a call today. i don't know if i want to hear from them, because no call might be good news according to my recruiter but like you said you got a call back saying it was satisfied which is also why i want to hear from them.

Maybe that is good news then..Im sure if your results came back unsatisfactory they would be quick to inform you. If they didnt that would be unprofessional. They didnt submit my ASI forms to be gone over until after I had been the one picked to be hired by the branch manager.

52 months ago

CT76 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Thanks ..
What are on those forms?
Thanks again

Ya hes right. You want to gather last 10 years of where youve lived, last 5 of where youve worked and your most recent schooling and be extremely accurate. As a teller I did have to do fingerprinting as well as the ASI and a criminal background check...

52 months ago

Nicolasa in Seattle, Washington said: Ya hes right. You want to gather last 10 years of where youve lived, last 5 of where youve worked and your most recent schooling and be extremely accurate. As a teller I did have to do fingerprinting as well as the ASI and a criminal background check...

Soooo howd you guys do?! You good to go?

52 months ago

Still waiting on my official offer ... keeping my fingers crossed !

51 months ago

Nicolasa in Seattle, Washington said: Soooo howd you guys do?! You good to go?

still no reply back on my asi form, its been almost a week they should have receive it already and if it was unsatisfied they should have let me know by now. i'm suppose to go back to my branch to do a follow up on monday - not exactly sure what she meant by that

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ex_wachovia in New Jersey

51 months ago

I filled out my ASI form last Thurs. and I had the phone interview with the recruiter on Friday. He said he will call me by Tuesday to set up a in person interview with the hiring manager. Is this normal to wait couple of days to get in person interview? Don't they give you the interview date at the end of the phone interview?? Please advise..

Star

51 months ago

Nicolasa in Seattle, Washington said: I was first sent a link a successfully completed an assessment test.. a week later had a phone interview and 3 days ago filled out an ASI and will be having a 1 on 1 with branch manager next week... How long for ASI results and if i fail will they contact me soon??!!!! AnxIeTy! lol

Usually only takes up to 5 days.

Star

51 months ago

Nicolasa in Seattle, Washington said: I entered the wrong year of employment for the 2 days I worked at Victoria Secret. I fear this may interfere with me getting any further. Do I have a chance still or am i honestly screwed? I emailed my recruiter.....

I wouldn't worry too much about that. If it comes back UNSAT just see about an esclation and let them know you made a mistake on the years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Star said: Hi Brandon - Yes you should know something by now. I would get in touch with yoru recruiter and see what the hold up is. Let me know

i actually just got off the phone not too long ago with the person that is reviewing my form. He is currently reviewing the application and he was curious about one of my previous employment. He said that if he doesn't any anymore question the next person i'll hear from is my recruiter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

After i talked to my recruiter on the phone he didnt tell me right away. He had to contact the branch manager to find out what time was good for them. So dont sweat. It might take a few days...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ex_wachovia in New Jersey

51 months ago

Hey Star I have a question for you.

I am currently going thru hiring process with BofA. This is my dilemma. I had an offer with Chase which was a licensed position as a PB rescinded due to miscommunication on my U5. The offer was rescinded the day before I was supposed to start working for them. As you know PB position at BofA does not require Series licenese so the recruiter told me it wouldn't be a problem. I did not work a single hour for Chase but since I was on the payroll I was paid and then couple weeks later they took the money back. Again, emphasis on I didn't work single hour and it was a mishap that my account was credited and debited within in couple weeks. Is this going to cause a dilemma? I didn't put anything on my ASI because I never worked for them.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.