Drug testing?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Kenneth D. Lewis in Atlanta, Georgia

83 months ago

Just e-mail me and I will be happy to answer all your questions.

hrriskandcompliance@bankofamerica.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

sb in Vancouver, Washington

83 months ago

I was just hired by B of A and start in one week. No drug test. Only massive background checks and credit checks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

sb in Vancouver, Washington

83 months ago

Hi Sam K.

I was hired as a Financial Advisor 1.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Rego Park, New York

83 months ago

Hello I was looking to join BoA but my credit im sure is shot. Have had some hard times, can anyone tell me how much does this matter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Amada in Salisbury, New Hampshire

83 months ago

Actually, they're called undocumented workers. take your business to a bigot-friendly bank if you don't like it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

sb

83 months ago

Hi Tony.

I thought they checked all this before they made the offer to me. I just found out I need to go into HR to get fingerprinted and such. So I am guessing you can ask the HR rep when that time comes for you. It's better to be honest up front. But don't tell the hiring mgr, tell the HR rep working with you.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

S T in Portland, Oregon

83 months ago

They do not require drug testing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Norman Harris in Brea, California

79 months ago

john in Zellwood, Florida said: i have noticed on a few other forums that BofA has stopped drug testing all their new hires. is this true? anyone that has been hired this year could you please share with me your experience. i was offered a teller position and told i start in 2 weeks but i need to go to "tampa" the day before i start... i think this is the drug test but they did not come out and say it.. thank you guys for any help.

Every new associate goes through orientation the first day. I do not work in Tampa but I would assume that is why you must to Tampa.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

American from America in Irving, Texas

78 months ago

Charlie in Waynesboro, Georgia said: Oh nice. We have possible drug addicts and financially irresponsible people handling money at a bank that caters to illegal aliens now do we? And they have the nerve to call themselves the bank of America?

And how well BOA is doing with all this. There is a problem with undocumented aliens. Because a person has bad credit does not mean that person will not be able to do their job at a financial institution. This kind of short sightedness can be remediated by education. Try it (education), you'll like it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

peter nelson21 in Los Angeles, California

78 months ago

stop using drugs if you want to work for BOA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (42) Reply - Report abuse

mag moon in Antioch, Tennessee

72 months ago

FSNB does not give drug testing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

mag moon in Antioch, Tennessee

72 months ago

FSNB does not have drug testing either

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

NJ Milleniumbabe in New Jersey

70 months ago

I've applied to many banking positions recently. Wondering if BOA still does drug testing in NJ and if so, what are they looking for? Prescription or illegal? I know Commerce Bank and other NJ banks strictly check for illegal drugs. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Former RHT/AT Employee in Grand Prairie, Texas

63 months ago

Drug testing itself is biased. One is not tested for alcohol. Tobacco is something that is asked about on some employment applications. Hard drugs, heroin, speed, and cocaine, are easily washed out of the system and cannot be detected by urinalysis after a short time. Other test methods are more expensive and not as widely used for this fact. Drug testing is more "marijuana testing" than anything. When comparing harm done, the legal drugs, alcohol and tobacco, eclipse any PROVEN data that marijuana causes or contributes to any of the problems alcohol and tobacco cause.
It's positive and good that a big company is finally getting on the stick about drugs.
It's about your work and not about your private life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

StefanyMercedes in Chicago, Illinois

5 months ago

A couple of weeks ago, I was called for a group interview for a teller position about two weeks after I submitted my application. The interview was for 2 days after they called me and they said it would be a group interview. It was a long and tedious interview, and they asked each of us a variety of questions like, "Explain a time where you had a goal or task you needed to accomplish in a short amount of time, and how did you handle it?" I think I answered my questions very well. The only part I feel like I screwed up on was when they asked us if we spoke Spanish, and those of us who did said yes. Then they asked us to tell them in Spanish why we want to work for Bank of America, and I was so nervous, I screwed up. I was sure because of that I didn't get the job, but a few days later, the recruiter called me and said I got an offer at --- location and my start date would be two weeks from that point. They offered me $12 an hour to start. They did however need me to submit a pre employment background check. They had me submit every single place I've worked at within the last 5 years, and you have to be extremely accurate, because if it comes back unsatisfactory, then they can take back they're offer. They also had me go to the Bank of America headquarters down town and bring my social and state ID to confirm my identity, and they took my finger prints. About a week later, I got a conformation email for my offer and they had me sign into the onboarding portal where I submitted all my information and tax credit info. This whole process took about 3 weeks, and I start in 5 days. At no point did they even mention a drug test, so hopefully I should be cleared at this point. Hope this helps! Good luck everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.