HR Confidentiality Question

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

KAYMP in New York, New York

79 months ago

I just started a job with BofA in December in a totally different career/line of business than the one I worked in for 18 years. I love my position as it allows my schedule to be quite flexible and am very happy with the company. I am married and this is a situation where my income in this position was secondary to my husbands. However, my husband recently was told that he is being layed off in 2 weeks. I need to go from being a secondary salary to the primary breadwinner. My previous career was in technology and paid alot more than what I am doing now. My question is if I call HR to discuss this life changing issue that came up in life and I question them regarding to transferring into a Bank of America technology position - will this be kept confidential and not get back to my current manager. Again, I have only been with the bank for 2 months and am concerned that they will let me go if I even approach the subject of a transfer. I cannot afford for that to happen. If anyone has any experience in this please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.