Here's my Bank of America Fraud Analyst hiring experience - start to finish

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22)

JS in Bethesda, Maryland

35 months ago

There is some sort of a turnaround. It is as if companies experienced with jerking applicants around and slowly started to realize that it was not getting them too far ahead. But that's just an appearance.

Reality could be different. It could be that there are more job openings (and real ones), where people are needed to fill positions right away. If so, this is a welcome sign, as it would mean there are more jobs today than just few months ago.

It's also possible that we are few of the lucky ones who, by chance (or may be precisely because we sent out lots of resumes) were hired rather quickly after searching for a job a 'mere' three months (by all means it is not a short period of time to look for a job before landing one, but comparing it to what others describe as years of futile job search, I think we must have been very lucky).

In any event, CONGRATULATIONS to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

christasamuels in Phoenix, Arizona

19 months ago

MysticPizza in Newark, Delaware said: It's now been 9 months since I started, and 1 1/2 months ago I was promoted! Very happy with the new opportunity and am looking forward to even more opportunities. Never give up and always strive to do your best and be noticed.

Are you still there? Still liking it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

MysticPizza in Newark, Delaware said: I am still there ...Were any of you interviewed/hired? There were some openings recently.

I saw the two most recent postings but am on the west coast. Hopefully there will be openings again for the June timeframe.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

I applied for fraud analyst II. Not sure if I'll get called since I'm no longer local but will relocate. They must be hiring quite a few people because there seems to be a new training class every month and now temp agencies are recruiting for the position

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

J in Cochranville, Pennsylvania

11 months ago

MysticPizza- Thanks so much for putting all of this down. I just interviewed for the same position today. How is the day to day for this position? My experience differed in that my interview was only 10 minutes if that, is that a bad sign?

11 months ago

J in Cochranville, Pennsylvania said: MysticPizza- Thanks so much for putting all of this down. I just interviewed for the same position today. How is the day to day for this position? My experience differed in that my interview was only 10 minutes if that, is that a bad sign?

Just to give you my two cents J. I am a current Fraud Analyst II contractor at BofA. I have a background in credit card fraud. This position so far has been challenging but very rewarding. I can't speak for the Newark call center environment but Phoenix is pretty cool.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

Christa Samuels in Phoenix, Arizona said: Just to give you my two cents J. I am a current Fraud Analyst II contractor at BofA. I have a background in credit card fraud. This position so far has been challenging but very rewarding. I can't speak for the Newark call center environment but Phoenix is pretty cool.

That is the same position I interviewed for. How was your interview? I really like and want the job and just concerned I was casted off as my interview was so different than what everyone else on here is reporting. May I ask how it is challenging and also what makes it so rewarding? Thank you for your input!

11 months ago

My interview was a group environment with about 15 of us and 5 or 6 fraud managers. They each took us back to a room and asked standard questions about "name a time when". In my group approx 4 of us got the job.

There's just a lot to learn with various systems. Its rewarding because I talk to so many customers who Are so grateful that you're watching out for their money.

11 months ago

Christa Samuels in Phoenix, Arizona said: My interview was a group environment with about 15 of us and 5 or 6 fraud managers. They each took us back to a room and asked standard questions about "name a time when". In my group approx 4 of us got the job.

There's just a lot to learn with various systems. Its rewarding because I talk to so many customers who Are so grateful that you're watching out for their money.

Well I just found out earlier I was hired! Yay! No I need to do the ASI background but how do I find out about my last 5 years of work history?? I did multiple work studies but never kept any information. She said to use the irs website but I cant find anything. Hate to see this keep me from getting the position

11 months ago

Congrats on getting the job! Maybe I'll be there with you in a few months. I'd love to go back East ads be near my family.

But sure what to tell you about the work study history issue. I'm sure it's will all work out.

Ashley in Baltimore, Maryland

10 months ago

Hey I'm over in Newark Delaware just recently applied , just wondering if there is a contact number for the recruiter? Or what should I do after taking my assessment

MysticPizza in Newark, Delaware

10 months ago

Hi everyone, I almost forgot about this thread until just now. :)
Ashley there should be contact information for the recruiter on the job description itself.
I'm no longer a Fraud Analyst, but I am still with BofA, I'm now in Operations as a Research/Adjustments Rep. Loving it so far (I started in July).
Best of luck to everyone!

Ashley in Baltimore, Maryland

10 months ago

oh congrats! But there is no contact info on indeed and they also took the job posting off. So I guess that means the positions are full?

10 months ago

Just out of curiosity are those of you who've applied or working in Newark doing credit card or atm debit fraud?

fantastic7 in Powder Springs, Georgia

5 months ago

I have my group interview tomorrow they said look to be there 2.5 hours, does it really take that long? Atlanta

5 months ago

I just interviewed for a full time position after contacting with the bank since November. The interview was an hour and a half. They told us about the position..expectations...answered questions..then you're takem away for a one on one interview.

5 months ago

Did they tell you then if you got the job?

5 months ago

I found out about three days later that it went well and received the information to start the background check.

5 months ago

Did you go thru a temp service?

5 months ago

Orig yes through a temp service found out the same day. I'm a contractor now and applied for a full time position and found out 3 days later

shay in Marietta, Georgia

3 months ago

christasamuels in Phoenix, Arizona said: My interview was a group environment with about 15 of us and 5 or 6 fraud managers. They each took us back to a room and asked standard questions about "name a time when". In my group approx 4 of us got the job.

did they tell you you had the job that day or you had to wait for a call back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

shay in Marietta, Georgia

3 months ago

I had a interview today went. I feel like it went well. My question is do they tell you you have the job that day or do you have to wait for a call back?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.