Here's my Bank of America Fraud Analyst hiring experience - start to finish

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

MysticPizza in Newark, Delaware

21 months ago

I applied and have been hired as a Fraud Analyst I, and I start on Sept. 23, 2013! It took me 3 months total of looking for a job and finally getting hired. I am a former teller with another bank and most recently, a registered tax preparer (which expires 12/31/13). I probably put out about 100+ applications/resumes. I was even turned down for another position with Bank of America, one of the first jobs I put in for, and although I was pretty upset about it, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise as this one has better hours (M-F regular day hours) and pays more, so it all worked out in the end.
Anyway, here is my experience in case anyone is interested. Most of it is similar to the teller hiring thread.

1. On August 11, a couple days after I was turned down for the other BofA job, I went back over to their job board to see if there were any other positions. I spotted the Fraud Analyst I job posting (originally posted on Aug. 8) and put in for it.
2. Two days later, in the late evening actually, I received an email from a recruiter wanting to set a phone interview. I emailed back my preferences and the date was set for the afternoon of August 19.
3. I was then contacted by the recruiter three days later, August 22 to set a face-to-face interview, which I picked the next day, August 23. The same day, I received a link for the ASI background information.
4. August 23 was the interview with two managers, I thought the interview went OK, all the questions were situational and/or behavioral type. They seemed really interested in my tax prep background and even asked me tax related questions which had nothing to do with the position but I figured...a test, perhaps? The managers told me they still had some more interviews to do but would have an answer in a couple weeks, that if I moved on there would be another interview...blah blah etc, so I was already thinking well I'm hearing the standard type goodbye so I was almost ready to write it off...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

continued...
5. I finished up the ASI background information, and I wrote a really nice thank you letter on Monday August 26 and sent it to the office. An actual letter, not email. I had two other interviews set up for other positions elsewhere so I was focused on them, so I was certainly surprised when I received a call back from the recruiter on Thursday August 28. I was thinking that was quick, now they want to set up the next interview, but it was A VERBAL JOB OFFER!! I was very excited! She said that the managers wanted to move up the training date (I wasn't even aware of the original one!) and asked if I was ok with that and I said ABSOLUTELY!
6. Five minutes after hanging up I received a phone call from the background investigator to go over my ASI entries, which I confirmed. Then later that same day I received a link to set the appointment for fingerprints and I-9 completion, which I did part on August 29, and the rest yesterday (Sept 4). Yesterday I also received a link for the Onboard Portal, which I had to read, sign, and complete.
7. Today (Sept 5) I received a call back from the investigator due to a couple things she needed clarifying, then she said I was good (PASSED!) and I would be contacted by the recruiter for the next steps. I got an email a few hours later confirming my start date and that my background/I-9 was complete. I also was told that as I get closer to my start date I will receive more information on where to report, what to bring, what to wear, etc.

I'm very excited with this opportunity!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

JS in Bethesda, Maryland

21 months ago

There is some sort of a turnaround. It is as if companies experienced with jerking applicants around and slowly started to realize that it was not getting them too far ahead. But that's just an appearance.

Reality could be different. It could be that there are more job openings (and real ones), where people are needed to fill positions right away. If so, this is a welcome sign, as it would mean there are more jobs today than just few months ago.

It's also possible that we are few of the lucky ones who, by chance (or may be precisely because we sent out lots of resumes) were hired rather quickly after searching for a job a 'mere' three months (by all means it is not a short period of time to look for a job before landing one, but comparing it to what others describe as years of futile job search, I think we must have been very lucky).

In any event, CONGRATULATIONS to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Thank you. :)
I hope my story becomes more the norm rather than the exception, for everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mommyof4NOW! in Tempe, Arizona

16 months ago

I just spoke to the BofA recruiter for the fraud analyst 2 position. Hours are okay, I am more worried about the environment in a call center. Do you like what you are doing? What do you do during your normal day there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

I know there are different fraud analyst positions, but with mine I am not on the phones constantly, which I am thankful for. I do make outbound and take inbound calls though, and everything is monitored, and you need to be logged into the phones at all times during your productive times. It's a little Big Brother, but it doesn't bother me too much. I like this job so far.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

It's now been 9 months since I started, and 1 1/2 months ago I was promoted! Very happy with the new opportunity and am looking forward to even more opportunities. Never give up and always strive to do your best and be noticed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

cleanupseeker9 in Honolulu, Hawaii

10 months ago

What is the day-to-day like as a fraud analyst?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

Depends on your function, but you are looking for fraud indicators in applications or accounts. Taking inbound calls and making outbound calls. Some days are busier than others but I've never had back-to-back calls. Sounds monotonous but you make it what it is. Do other things and show initiative.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BofA Fraud Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia

8 months ago

Does anyone know if they will pay more if you have a 4 yr Business Degree? Currently a few courses away from an MBA.

Thanks

Also how long is the training 2 weeks/3??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

BOA interviewee in Elkton, Maryland

7 months ago

I have a phone interview on Friday for the fraud analyst II position, do you have any other suggestions you think I should know? Since its been a year since you started, has the hiring process changed a little?

Christa Samuels in Middle River, Maryland

5 months ago

Anyone currently employed at bofa as a fraud analyst? Trying to move to Elkton this summer. I'm a current fraud analyst for another company.

Christa Samuels in Phoenix, Arizona

5 months ago

MysticPizza in Newark, Delaware said: It's now been 9 months since I started, and 1 1/2 months ago I was promoted! Very happy with the new opportunity and am looking forward to even more opportunities. Never give up and always strive to do your best and be noticed.

Are you still there? Still liking it?

4 months ago

I am still there ...Were any of you interviewed/hired? There were some openings recently.

4 months ago

MysticPizza in Newark, Delaware said: I am still there ...Were any of you interviewed/hired? There were some openings recently.

I saw the two most recent postings but am on the west coast. Hopefully there will be openings again for the June timeframe.

Jen mi in Westchester, New York

4 months ago

Hi Mystic, are you an AVP after the promotion?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

No, Fraud Analyst II

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tycar in Brownsburg, Indiana

4 months ago

Hi, I have a phone interview for a fraud analyst II position, do you have any suggestions for the phone interview process?

3 months ago

I applied for fraud analyst II. Not sure if I'll get called since I'm no longer local but will relocate. They must be hiring quite a few people because there seems to be a new training class every month and now temp agencies are recruiting for the position

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jen mi in Westchester, New York

3 months ago

How much do they pay for this position?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.