If they are doing a pre-employment screening and background check, does it mean I got the job?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

WiseGuy22 in Los Angeles, California

48 months ago

I had my group interview then 1 on 1 interview with branch manager two days later. The manager said her specific branch is full but there are available positions in the area. Overall it went well and she made it seem like they're going to offer me something. A week later I got an e-mail from the recruiter saying she needs my SSN for an applicant screening investigation. Then a week after, she gave me the form to fill out that provides my residencies and employment of the last 10 and 5 years, respectively. I just submitted that form this weekend. If this comes back satisfactory do you think they will offer me something for sure? My lease ends at the end of this month and I will have to move back to Norcal if I don't get offered anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shannon in Baltimore, Maryland

48 months ago

If your situation is the same as mine, Yes you are offered the position pending the background investigation. I applied for a different position but the HR lady offered me the position pending my background check, fingerprinting and I-9. I have finished all my paperwork and fingerprinting (one week from interview) and I am waiting impatiently to hear a final "Yes you are clear to start on such and such date.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.