MY Bank of America Hiring Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

teller09 in Garland, Texas

59 months ago

My first time joining the company:

I applied for a part time teller position around Mid-June 2009. I was contacted by a recruiter, she told me my starting pay and set up a group interview.

At the group interview, we introduced ourselves, had to promote one of three products: online banking, a checking account, and a savings account. After that, the recruiter called us in one by one and told us whether or not we were to advance. The branch I applied too became full so she redirected me to another one for my second interview with the manager the following week.

The manager asked me a couple simple questions such as availability, experience and how well I'm suited for this. Then they asked me to sell my phone to them. I did pretty well, thanks to the fact that I had a Blackberry and I knew a lot about them.

I believe my recruiter called me the same day and told me that I got the job. I then filled out some online paper work, scheduled my fingerprinting and I-9. Then I went to orientation the following Monday.

The following week I began the two week training process at a central branch with several other new tellers.
I ended up starting on July 26th or so.

My second time joining the company:

I applied around June 14th for a part time teller position.

I was contacted a week later and was told that i could skip the group interview and went straight to the interview with a Branch manager since this was the second time I was joining the company.. The interview went nice and easy. It revolved around my past experience with the company, a little about myself, and my upcoming availability.

My recruiter contacted me a week later on the 21st saying that I got the job and that I needed to begin filling out my background information. After the phone call I began the online background app that my recruiter sent me via email. It asks about your past employment and address information for the past ten years or so.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

I was contacted on Thursday July 15th, about two weeks later saying that my background check was satisfactory. She then emailed me an app for the first part of the I-9 and to schedule my finger printing. I completed my finger printing the very next day and am now waiting for the next part of the process.

My start date is July 26th.

Hope I provided some with insight. I know I was afraid that they didn't contact me so quickly my second time around. Hopefully some of you guys can be at ease.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

CareerGuru in San Francisco, California

59 months ago

Thank you for the insightful story.

Sarah
interview tips blog:
job-search-success-secrets.com/blog/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nbrown in Atlanta, Georgia

59 months ago

how long did it take before your prints came back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

What prints? Finger printing? I have had no updates on them this time, nor the first time I joined.

ivory in Manchester, New Hampshire

53 months ago

Hi there. I recently applied for a teller position at Bank of America. My question is which comes first the background check or the interview? I already took the online assessment test and the recruiter called me for a very quick overview about the job and also ask me a few questions. I applied at a branch that is not accessible for me so she said she is going to assign me at a branch near where I live. She said she will email me the background check form which I did.

Teller09 in Plano, Texas

53 months ago

Hey sorry for the late reply. Your finger prints never "come back" to you. Usually if you're clear then they say that you're background investigation went well but that's when they call you to discuss first day training stuff. So background check Occurs after you have gotten the job but before you have started.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.