Misdemeanor convictions ??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

B of A Interviewed in Hayward, California

84 months ago

I am currently going through the hiring process at B Of A. I have a couple class C misdemeanor convictions. What is the policy regarding hiring? Can you still get your securities license with misdemeanors?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (65) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Patti in Peabody, Massachusetts

84 months ago

Be very honest during the prehiring process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Uniondale, New York

84 months ago

I'd tell them on the application...Banks generally won't hire convicted felons, but they might let minor misdemeanors go. As far as I know, only convicted felons are excluded from securities liscensure. Good luck...they aer a good company!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Norman Harris in Brea, California

81 months ago

B of A Interviewed in Hayward, California said: I am currently going through the hiring process at B Of A. I have a couple class C misdemeanor convictions. What is the policy regarding hiring? Can you still get your securities license with misdemeanors?

Every associate goes through a thorough background check and fingerprinting. The bank bonds you so you have to successfully pass. As Patti in Peabody advised be honest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

paula horton in Freeport, New York

79 months ago

i currently work for a bank... im just curious , do they hire before or after the results are in or do they get all the info after your hired and then fire you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

virgocalifornia in Moreno Valley, California

77 months ago

paula horton in Freeport, New York said: i currently work for a bank... im just curious , do they hire before or after the results are in or do they get all the info after your hired and then fire you?

No one can start working before the results of the background check are received.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

virgocalifornia in Moreno Valley, California

77 months ago

B of A Interviewed in Hayward, California said: I am currently going through the hiring process at B Of A. I have a couple class C misdemeanor convictions. What is the policy regarding hiring? Can you still get your securities license with misdemeanors?

You should disclose with your recruiter and have that discussion with him or her.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

2boys in Waldorf, Maryland

49 months ago

i work for boa with misdemeanor charge and it theft under 500.00, u have to be honety and sell yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Sam5 in Charlotte, North Carolina

39 months ago

2boys in Waldorf, Maryland said: i work for boa with misdemeanor charge and it theft under 500.00, u have to be honety and sell yourself.

2 boys, did you disclose the theft misdemeanor on the application. I had a worthless check issues 17 years ago for $8 dollars. The store closed and did not notify me of the return, just gave it to the police. I went down as soon as I was notified and paid the check but it shows as a misdemeanor for worthless check on my background report.(does not show dollar amount)
I dont want to be automatically excluded just because I check "yes". I would like someone to know the situation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

bob20 in Arlington, Texas

10 months ago

2boys in Waldorf, Maryland said: i work for boa with misdemeanor charge and it theft under 500.00, u have to be honety and sell yourself.

I have the same issue. But I told my recruiter and she said its better to tell them that I am unavailable right now than to not get hired at all with them in the future. So, now I have let go of the offer that I had received. Do you have any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jen mi in East Hanover, New Jersey

8 months ago

bob20 in Arlington, Texas said: I have the same issue. But I told my recruiter and she said its better to tell them that I am unavailable right now than to not get hired at all with them in the future. So, now I have let go of the offer that I had received. Do you have any suggestions?

So did you take a risk or just went with the recruiter's advice of letting go off of the offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joeyt818 in La Quinta, California

3 months ago

I got a job at a Wells Fargo bank and I have 3 minor misdemeanors on my record.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jen mi in Westchester, New York

3 months ago

Joeyt818 in La Quinta, California said: I got a job at a Wells Fargo bank and I have 3 minor misdemeanors on my record.

Did you state that you had these misdemeanors when you filled out the paperwork?
Are any of these misdemeanors theft related? In their terms I think it's called "Act of dishonesty".

Andrea in Oak Ridge, New Jersey

3 days ago

Joeyt818 in La Quinta, California said: I got a job at a Wells Fargo bank and I have 3 minor misdemeanors on my record.

Are any of them theft related. ?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.