No Answer

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Jeff in Norcross, Georgia

114 months ago

I have applied for many jobs at BoA with no reply, I guess nobody care there. A simple yes or no would be better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Revere, Massachusetts

113 months ago

I had three interviews for a position at BOA and they never got back to me as well. I agree - a simple yes or no answer certainly would have been have been appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

sara in Boston, Massachusetts

113 months ago

DNC said:
Change your name to Pedro and get a Mexican citizenship. They'll not only offer you a free checking account without a SS number, they might even hire you! <wink>

Exactly the same thing i experienced i gave 2 interviews which went well ,but ....no reply after that ...they dnt even consider to reply the final decision to the candidate who gave time to them .

justink in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

113 months ago

First off let me state that I have no affiliation with Bank of America. That being said, you have to understand companies receive so many application that they can not possibly get back with everyone that applies. On the other point though, I agree whole heartedly. If someone interviews you they have an obligation to call you back and give you feedback, even if it is that they have hired another person. Thats just the professional thing to do. The problem with that is most recruiters are not trained on how to handle this and prefer to avoid the confrontation.

Just my .02 as a recruiter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

113 months ago

hi ,Any one can give reply on email ,writing one mail with simple explaination and sending it on the available ID does not call for any confrontation.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

113 months ago

sara said: hi ,Any one can give reply on email ,writing one mail with simple explaination and sending it on the available ID does not call for any confrontation.
Thanks

That's true, but then a candidate that is not qualified for whatever reason has your e-mail address. This can lead to future confrontations when the person e-mails you constantly. Trust me its happened to me before. Luckily I don't have a problem with confrontation. :P

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Alpharetta, Georgia

113 months ago

A negitive answer is better that no answer, they send an E-mail confirming receipt, why can't the reviewer after reading answer maybe or just plain NO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

113 months ago

Jeff said: A negitive answer is better that no answer, they send an E-mail confirming receipt, why can't the reviewer after reading answer maybe or just plain NO.

The e-mail that you receive confirming receipt is usually automated when you send your app in. If a recruiter personally responded to everyone that applied via e-mail, even if it is just a simple no it would take forever to send all those e-mails. You have to realize that when a company posts a job it is typical to receive anywhere from 50 - 100 resumes for that position alone. That is for a specialized job. I have posted a very common job in the past, a medical assistant and received well over 500 application for that position. There is no way that a recruiter can personally respond to all those applicants. Also you have to take into account that most recruiters are looking for candidate for multiple jobs.

And now for a shameless plug.

If anyone wants any information on staffing companies or employment stuff in general, you can visit our forums www.tekshak.com (Our technical forums).

Please keep in mind that we just set these up a few days ago so there only a few people registered at the moment. Feel free to hop in and chat as a guest, or register if you would like. I'm the admin for the boards, so I will see your posts and be able to respond fairly quickly to any questions.

Thanks again, and hope to see you all on our forums :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

113 months ago

thanks for taking time and sending a detail reply but in my case ,I never got negative reply for the two emails i sent to my recruiters ,they have stated that they will ask me to go for a third interview if needed and I am waiting for my third interview from last 2 months which is absolutely rediculous if taken to be true ,this gives me just one impression that I have not been clearly informed about my performance in the interview or my selection for the emplyoment.
And for your information I have not followed them up after that and had never put a single mail.
After all this was enough to guess the real decision
which ethically should have been conveyed to me .
Anyways no regrets atleast u r taking time to give reply in this regard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

arizona in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

113 months ago

Jeff said: I have applied for many jobs at BoA with no reply, I guess nobody care there. A simple yes or no would be better.

I gave 9 rounds of interview and wasted 100 hours on it and they still havent said YES or NO

annad in Los Angeles, California

106 months ago

Even if you get no response from the recruiter, can you still apply for a different position? I'm assuming that there's different recruiters for different positions, right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

xxxxx in Los Angeles, California

92 months ago

Okay.. So I went through all the interviews at the beginning of last month and my recruiter said I did really well and that the bank wanted to go ahead with my application and give me an offer, but they couldn't offer me the job yet because they had to keep the job posted?? and that the job would not start anyways till the beginning of this month. Well the day they said they would offer me the job, they never called... So of course I called them (just a few days ago) and now they are telling me that they have to get the offer approved, because of budgets and its because its towards the end of the year?! Every time they say they are going to call me, they never do and I have to call them. I just don't know if they are just leading me on or what.. it has almost been a whole month now since I did the interview... Why would they lie about it?! Should I just be patient or move on!?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Helen

77 months ago

You know that these institutions are abusing people with job needs
The government should get serious and audit the hiring process at these banks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

pg in Charlotte, North Carolina

67 months ago

I agree with you guys completely.I attended the final round interview in the last week of October this year and I got a reply from them stating my application status as pending and that they would relay their final decision on Nov 22nd.I haven't heard anything from them since then.Nobody has cared to answer my emails or my phonecalls.Why can't they reply with a simple yes or a no?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hannah in Buffalo, New York

65 months ago

While going through the interview process at BOA i read many of your emails. I have to share my experience because I feel BOA handles interviews poorly. I am very educated, I have my masters and experience in the administrative field. I recently applied for a position and also knew someone in the department. They first start with a recruiter calling you. After the recruiter calls you, they set you up for a phone interview. You then have to wait a week just to figure out if you passed the phone interview. You then are set up on an in person interview. I ended taking a half day for my in person interview only to get there and be considered by only 2 of the 3 people (The third never showed up). They asked me maybe three questions. I should have known from the start that I only was brought in on a mock interview because I knew someone. They then told me I would hear back by the end of the week. The remaining days were incredibly stressful waiting to see if I got the job. They never called or emailed. I waited patiently and received no response. I then emailed both the HR and recruiter and then the recruiter called me and told me that although I was a strong applicant they hired someone stronger. It was BS from the start, they knew a person with 10+ years experience was coming in and therefore my 3+ experience was nothing to compare. They wasted my time, money taking off from work, and gave me a few gray hairs along the way as well as feeling completely rejected. I am young, educated, have some experience AND knew someone and still didn't get hired. It may have been a blessing in disquise but I hope this helps those of you looking to know their interview process and hope you never have the same depressing/stressful situation. Best of luck & don't worry if you are rejected- you'll find something better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.