How to get hired by Bank of America

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

NYCPerson in New York, New York

49 months ago

Hello, I would appreciate to get more information on the following.
I have been applying for a Teller position in Bank of America for the past two years but have never received a phone call or email to have an interview or get through the hiring phase. I would understand them not calling me in the first year because I did not have enough work experience with cash handling or a job record(I am 20 years old now) but now that I do have the experience I am hoping to have the opportunity to have a teller position. I have seen people that are about 19-23 years of age working as tellers in banks like Chase and BOA.

What I did want to know is what is the exact hiring process for a Teller position, because I have been able to get the "congratulations" after submitting an application( i got one two days ago) and was asked at that moment in the website to take that assesment test right there and tehn which I did and would really like to know how to pass these if thats what is not making me get an interview. But after that assesment test, am I supposed to receive a confirmation after I complete that like a "you passed" or "you failed"? I have never received that so I am not sure if I have passed the assesment test or not.

What should I do to see if I could be hired?

I appreciate the help, Thank you very much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kevm28 in Hollister, California

49 months ago

Hi NYCPerson,

I've been in banking for seven years now, first as a teller/operations, now in new accounts/sales, I am going through the process of being hired by BofA and start on the 30th of this month as a Personal Banker.

I might be able to help you out, first i'd like to know how much cash handling experience do you have? As in years or months.

As for the personality test there is really no way to tell someone how to pass that assessment as it is personality based.

NYCPerson in New York, New York

49 months ago

Hello Kevm28 and thank you for the reply. Well I have had experiences as well as took financial/business classes and technology in High school. I have a WPM of 60+ and I have retail cash handling experience of about 7 months but more in private work. I am also bilingual. Now I dont know what exactly it is that BOA looks for (also in Cash handling experience) but like I said before I have seen people of ages 19+ work there that look like novices but do pretty well and I am aware of of how BOA does training as well.

I appreciate the help and thank you again for the reply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kevm28 in Hollister, California

49 months ago

Generally a bank is looking for someone with a minimum 6+ months cash handling experience and customer service experience. But in today's job market you have a lot of people who are applying for teller positions that have a lot more experience than that, it's a tough job market. When I got my first teller job I had about 3 years cash handling experience and the same for customer service experience. Also don't let the young looks fool you some of those teller's might be older than they look :), The best advice I can give is keep on trying and don't give up you will get your chance, everyone is fighting for good jobs right now.

I would also suggest trying to take some college courses in business, that will help you a lot down the line if you want your career to be in banking.

gladly gone in charlotte, North Carolina

44 months ago

did you ever get a response as to if you passed or failed the test? I just took the assessment for the personal banker position and i was wondering how long it takes to hear if i passed or not?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Alexi in Walnut Creek, California

38 months ago

I took the assesment test today for the personal banker,but the system logged me off when i logged back in and it said " thank you your assesment has been completed" It didnt let me finish the last 10 questions!!!!!! I called the recruiter left a msg has this happened to anyone? does anyone how the assesment is graded?? it did say that i should answer every question if i dont answer all it will affect my score.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.