How to get a job at Bank Of America.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 167)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

marlyatou bah in Brooklyn, New York

90 months ago

hi,I am looking for job. I like to do teller position.I have my high school diplomat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

marlyatou bah in Brooklyn, New York

90 months ago

hi,I am looking for job. I like to do teller position.I have my high school diplomat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MH in Hillsboro, Oregon

90 months ago

Marltatou - work on your spelling - it's "diploma", not "diplomat" (although many dipliumats behave as though all they had was a high school diploma.) Use BofA's online job search and resume submission process.

Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

J Doe in Glendora, California

90 months ago

I noticed that too; but I was not going to say anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

former world savings employee in Sandy, Utah

90 months ago

J Doe in Glendora, California said: I noticed that too; but I was not going to say anything.

"Marltatou - work on your spelling - it's "diploma", not "diplomat" (although many dipliumats behave as though all they had was a high school diploma.) Use BofA's online job search and resume submission process.

Good luck."

Could any of us survive without spell check???
It is diplomats...not "dipliumats."

Ms. Lady Jay in Charlotte, North Carolina

90 months ago

JULIE said: I have not tried that. I have some college classes but I have not taken anything in this field. I just took an EMT class , so I really wanted to do a teller position in the day and work on the ambulance at night .... if I can pass my national registry exam :(
Thank you for your suggestion !

Wachovia is hiring for bank tellers in the Bay Area for the new Wachovia branches that are going to open in October or September. Go to www.wachovia.com and check out the jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cecilia in ct in Atlanta, Georgia

90 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Bank Of America? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

ok you need to apply online and then attach a resume to the form it will also help to visit the bank of choice and inquire if they like yoiu they may refer you. i applied 1 month ago they have recruiting like evry three months so dont get discouraged.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lynda in Everett, Washington

90 months ago

M.B. in Columbia, South Carolina said: I just started working at Bank Of America. I went on their website and created a profile and applied for a position. I recieved a phone call from a recruiter within 2-3 days. After conversating with her, she emailed me a Teller assessment test and I completed that. 1-2 days later I was contacted by someone else who set me up with an interview with the bank manager at the location where I applied. I went in about 2-3 days later and I got the job!! I've been here for almost a year. I started off at 9 per hour and now i'm at 11 per hour. I love it!! Good Luck on your search!!

Hello M.B. Do you have any suggestions for preparing for the Teller Assessment Test? Is it realistic to think if someone with no teller experience to pass the test? Thanks. Lynda from WA.

90 months ago

I applied for a position at Bank of America - I only received back a decline letter - with no reason stated. I was wondering how the job market overall is in So.Carolina? I had considered moving to Dorcester or Charleston but had just seen it on Realtor.com - I've never been there. Is it nice?

Thanks, Jane

san in huston, Texas

90 months ago

Hi all, I applied for teller position.....after giving teller assessment, clearing panel interview....I have given an interview with banking center manager, teller manager....they told me to wait for 72 hrs for the resuts....could anybody help me in this regard???.... I mean to ask if somebody has gone through same situation.....than in his or her case how much time was taken to give reply....

Dave in San Bernardino, California

90 months ago

I took the assesment test and I wasnt qualified? But im unclear why... anybody have a clue?

Jen

90 months ago

It is a behavioral test. You have to answer according to the position you are applying for.

Tricia in Huntersville, North Carolina

90 months ago

Is there a main bofa switchboard number so I can ask for an associate by name? Thank you in advance!

more in Midland, Texas

90 months ago

MB Did you take the assessment test & when & did you find it
difficult. How do you prepare or have suggestions answering it. Speedy reply is appreciated.

Cheryl K in Delaware in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

I, too, was also canned for not going to Happy Hour. Like Susan, who was mentioned earlier in this discussion, I was also a great worker, but the scalliwag supervisor of mine thought I was going to take her job. Overseeing the rest of the cast and crew is not my thing. I like having my own little corner. The matter was treated as insubordination, one of the most deadly sins in corporate life. That supervisor of mine would have had the last laugh had she been dismissed and had to come to the unemployment office where I worked for four years as master keyer of unemployment insurance applications.

Su P

90 months ago

san in huston, Texas said: Hi all, I applied for teller position.....after giving teller assessment, clearing panel interview....I have given an interview with banking center manager, teller manager....they told me to wait for 72 hrs for the resuts....could anybody help me in this regard???.... I mean to ask if somebody has gone through same situation.....than in his or her case how much time was taken to give reply....

I am in the same boat as you are: Completed Assessment, Group Interview and was called for an interview with Center Manager and Teller Manager last week. Was told that I will hear by eod friday. The part that bafalled me was that I was given less than 2 hrs to appear for the interview (can you believe this) and was told by the manager that they have other candidates lined up for interviews the following week. I felt singled out here as I was not given enough time for mentally preparing for the interview. I contacted HR and today I found that the HR coordinator who was handling my case has left the bank......

kel in temecula, California

90 months ago

hey..im 24 years old and a college graduate.ive had a job interview weeks ago. and until now, they havent call me back yet. i think i didnt pass. problem w/ me is, i just came from the Philippines and Im not that fluent in english. thats why i cant express myself that much in an interview. can anyone give me some advice.. :(

90 months ago

I think your being Philipino (Filipino) - sorry - would be an advantage - to speak Tagalog is very important at least out here in CA. Good luck to you though - I know someone out there will appreciate your background from another Country.

kel in temecula, California

90 months ago

J Doe in Glendora, California said: I think your being Philipino (Filipino) - sorry - would be an advantage - to speak Tagalog is very important at least out here in CA. Good luck to you though - I know someone out there will appreciate your background from another Country.

*sigh*...i hope so.. thank you for the encouragement....

DEVI S in Irving, Texas

89 months ago

I AM LOOKING FOR JOB IN BANK OF AMERICA,CAN ANYONE HELP ME IN FINNDING THE JOB

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dhara desai in Canton, Michigan

89 months ago

I am looking for a job too,can anyone help me too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jillian Ocasio in Rochester, New York

89 months ago

Can anyone provide me with information about the best way to get noticed as I am planning on posting my resume and cover letter for an analyst position with bank of America? Thank you!!

Norman Harris in Brea, California

89 months ago

Make sure your background and experience matches the duties and responsibilities of the position and that it is clearly reflected in your resume. Ensure that you list a good contact number.

jackabus in Rolla, Missouri

89 months ago

Mia in Concord, California said: Friends have nothing to do with getting a job here or anywhere else unless you need a reference or referral. Banks like Bank of America hire over 60,000 people a year and dont have time to determine who is popular and who isnt. They base their decisions on the ability to interview and test well, along with customer service focus.

How many friends you have is questioned thoroughly in the original assessmnet test that you take on-line, before you will be allowed to even apply. They want to know if you are a people person! They want to know if you can add and subtract, and if you are slightly involved in your community.

FUBOFA in California

89 months ago

Latest Bank of America Reviews...

unethical fee practices
Product/Service: checking accounts
2/24/2005 New Haven CT

I have had the same terrible experience as others and want to decry B of A's practices of:

-placing unsubstantiated "holds" on deposited funds, even funds from other banks, for the purpose of delaying deposits and collecting "insufficient funds" fees

-not updating the online system, so that balances that show as positive are actually not positive and users overdraw accounts and incur fees

-Of most concern is a practice I cannot prove but suspect: holding deposits for a certain period of time, such as 12 hours or a day, waiting for withdrawals to come in, posting the withdrawals until the balance is below zero, posting their own overdraft fee, and then posting deposits. I have direct deposit and have seen withdrawals post on the same day as the deposit and still incur fees. I have incurred easily over $500 in fees in the past several years and just incurred a fee of $180. They should also charge per day fees rather than per transaction fees. B of A su ck s, they care naught about people, the profit motive consumes their entire decrepit existences.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FUBOFA in California

89 months ago

Dishonest, nonsensical business
Product/Service: checking account services
6/5/2007

Bank of America is a corrupt organization:

After a few years of being a Bank of America customer, I have had no choice but to close my account. They couple poor customer service with semi-illegal business practices to create a very unscrupulous banking institution.

Routinely, they hold my pay checks for several days without reason in attempt to overdraft my checking account to force me to pay high fees. I live pay check to pay check like many Americans, and I cannot afford to wait for four or five business days for my funds to become available to me.

I have called customer service and customer relations usually twice a month in an attempt to figure out why the bank chooses to hold my funds. I get different answers each time.

Essentially, I deposit my pay checks at the same time every month. And consistently each month, Bank of America holds the funds for nearly five days without reason. Again, as someone who depends on my paycheck to live, this is unacceptable. The paycheck clears the account from which paycheck is cashed the same business day I deposit the check. The cash is not deposited to my checking account - again- for nearly five days after that.

Other co-workers of mine have not had these problems with their paychecks at other, more reputable banking institutions, so apparently the issue does not lie in the source of the funds (i.e. my employer’s bank). The issue lies with Bank of America.

I hope that all who read this complaint with either think twice about conducting business with Bank of America or choose to open an account with another financial institution.

As hardworking, tax paying American citizens, we deserve better than this: if it wasn’t for us, Bank of America would not have business and thus would cease to exist. It’s about time they treat us with more respect and courtesy- even if we are paycheck-to-paycheck wage earners.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

FUBOFA in California

89 months ago

The brutal and dark side of Bank Of America...... Here is how I became a victim!
Product/Service: Checking Account
8/5/2004 Tampa FL

I applied for a home mortgage from Bank Of America, that later on, according to them changed our relationship, and therefor they switched my regular checking account into a so called "advantage checking account" without request, to which I never saw any difference, after 5 years I decided refinance my home with another bank, but now I needed to pay $20 dollars a month for maintenance fee to keep my corrent status something I wasn't informed of. I didn't realize I was paying this stupid fee until 7 month later, I called the bank and told them I never requested to be switched into that silly "advantage checking account", in the first place that if they did it automatically when I got the mortgage they could've just switch back to my original regular account, when I refinance and I also requested a full refund for all the fees they charged my account, something they refused to do because the fees were originated more than 60 day in the past... well $20 dollar a month sound to me like a good motivation to just forget about sending me a notification and inform me of the changes and new fee in my account.
This is the perfect example of the evil empire, stealing for the hard working people to suit their apatite for expensive wine and champagne and who knows what else... maybe provide the Enron crooks with defence lawyers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jdoe in Glendora, California

89 months ago

Alot of banks have hidden fees; Wamu has lots of hidden fees too; I have a small savings at B of A so I'm going to check and see if they've been taking money out; thanks for the warning. As far as getting jobs, I can't figure them out. I have 22 years experience as an appraiser but got a decline letter for a staff appraiser job, as did someone else I know who applied - with over 20 yrs experience. They won't even talk to us. I'm pursuing an SRA designation and would be an asset to any company - but they I think they want people with 2 or 3 years experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jmor in Austin, Texas

89 months ago

I work for Bank of America. I don't believe the bank has hidden fees, they just have a different way of inputting transactions in the system. Upon the opening of a new account, the schedule of fees is given to the customer. As for the holds that are placed on the checks, there are several reasons for this. It depends when the account was opened (holds are usually placed for the first 90 days), the state of origin of the check(farther states take longer), negative standing on an account will also require holds but only for 2 days or so, large checks ($10,000+) usually take about a week unless it is a cashier's check.

All checks post at midnight, except checks deposited after 4pm, those clear the next business day at midnight. There are ways to prevent overdrafts: overdraft protection is the best way to stop further loss. You only lose $10 for the transfer from your savings or credit card account, compared to $35 for EVERY transaction done after becoming negative; assuming you have the funds in either of the savings or credit card. If you know you went negative from a purchase, the only way to prevent an overdraft charge is to deposit CASH into the account BEFORE 4pm on the same day you went under.

Hopefully this hasn't scared ya'll. I do like working at Bank of America because they have great benefits and great potential to move up the corporate ladder. I'll be happy to answer any further questions regarding BoA's policies.

Irina in Brooklyn, New York

89 months ago

old boa customer said: Hi Julie,
email me and i will try and help you as much as i can

Hi, can you help me too?

Summerbreeze in Mooresville, North Carolina

89 months ago

Start applying online. www.bankofamerica.com/careers
Also, try contacting Adecco which is a staffing agency who works with BOA. You should also post your resume online like Monster and Career Builder because a lot of recruiters from outside agencies will find you and contact you about an opportunity. If you are just looking to work in a BOA branch than applying online is the best way unless you know someone who works for the company that can refer you.

Hope that helps

89 months ago

James in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I just applied for (yet another) position with BOA using their online tool. I've applied for a couple of other positions to no avail, however they might have been a bit beyond what my resume would indicate I'm capable of. This most recent application is for something right up my ally, which speaks directly to my experience.

Am I now solely at the mercy of an automated system? Is there an actual PERSON that I can call or email to improve my chances?

I'm also in the middle of an employee referral for Wachovia... any insight to them?

Wachovia is a great company to work for, so I've heard.
Are you applying to BOA corporate or a branch?

irina in Brooklyn, New York

89 months ago

Thank you. I will try.

89 months ago

branch

89 months ago

irina in Brooklyn, New York said: branch

Make sure your profile and or resume matches almost exactly what the job description says.

89 months ago

THANKS, IT IS VERY HELPFULL

JOSEPH in Deerfield Beach, Florida

89 months ago

I applied for a Personal Banker in BOA, I got a call a month later, they sent me an interview by e-mail, then they called me and said that I will have another interview with a Recruiter, he called me and said that I have an interview with the branch manager. Unfortunatelly, I couldn't attend that because he called me to set up the interview within two days, my boss was on vacation so I couldn't attend that, I tried to call him two times, he never answered the phone, I e-mailed his assistant it was not answer either. So, I got upset because I have an extensive sales background, a bachelor's degree, financial experience and customer oriented. At this time, I read the news about BOA CEO to lay off 3000 employees, because the bank has lost a lof of money in the past quarter with the no mortgage fees program??? Hello??? If they set an strategy to waive the closing cost in all mortgages, of course it will generate less income or earnings to the bank, I disagree because why they have to lay off their employees, they should reduce the salaries for the VP's or higher employes and don't touch the people who really work hard processing loans in order to achieve their financial business. I hate this bank........period....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

butter in Las Vegas, Nevada

88 months ago

FUBOFA in California said: Dishonest, nonsensical business
Product/Service: checking account services
6/5/2007

Bank of America is a corrupt organization:

After a few years of being a Bank of America customer, I have had no choice but to close my account. They couple poor customer service with semi-illegal business practices to create a very unscrupulous banking institution.

Routinely, they hold my pay checks for several days without reason in attempt to overdraft my checking account to force me to pay high fees. I live pay check to pay check like many Americans, and I cannot afford to wait for four or five business days for my funds to become available to me.QUOTE]

that is very unfortunate that you had to experience that, im a current BOA associate, i can give you some advice on how to prevent this from happening, the reason for the hold is if you have not had your account open for a long period of time, or if an out of state check, or if that particular check from the employer ever bounced before, its up to the descretion of the teller if a hold is placed if the check is under $5000, if over $5000 it is a required hold. when a hold is put on your account, you should not be asessed any overdraft fees or NSF fees, if you do have fees on your account due to the hold on your account, then you can call customer service and get refunded, that is the policy and if the rep does not do that always speak with a manager. and one thing you should do is cash your pay check off of the bank from issued, get cash then deposit in your BOA account, you are also responsible for knowing all your purchases, you cannot rely on online banking and the telephone system to tell you all your purchases, keep a register, everytime you buy something deduct it from your register balance, and always deduct all checks written out of your account balance even if they have not cleared yet, that will insure no mistakes. i hope this is helful.

Applied in Moreno Valley, California

87 months ago

Susan Adams in Rock Hill, South Carolina said: After being laid off from Bank of America twice, I would not refer my enemy to the "evil empire". I have three degrees, did a great job, traveled across the country delivering training, even moved to Boston for eight months to assist with the Fleet merger. Unfortunately, I am not a "groupie" so when I was invited out for drinks time and time again and refused, I was labeled as not being a "team player". When you are labeled, you can forget about promotions. Bank of America is very "small" when it you consider the small number of senior managers (EVP) that are employed there.

If you are hired at Bank of America, be sure you enjoy "Happy hours".

I hear ya. I am very stern when I say "NO! I am not interested in drinking." I am into working out after work and then being with my precious ones, so unless it is a mandatory non alcoholic meeting at a restaurant, I would not go. I don't feel like I have to associate with alcoholics just because we work together; just like they don't have to associate with a buff good looking guy who loves eating healthy and being fit.

Just my 2 cents.

Applied in Moreno Valley, California

87 months ago

I am 50 y.o. and a little overweight, but I have lots of exp. in retail, and a degree in business, and in customer service, I am outstanding. The new girl looked about 23, and a size 4. Do you think I might have experienced age discrimination? I would bet that those of you who have had positive experiences with getting on at B of A look more like that girl, and less like me.

These people blocked the response mechanism to this lady's question/comment. I wonder why. Who is trying to protect the big BOA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

priyam in randolph, New Jersey

87 months ago

I am an electrnic enggineer and want to pursue my career in banking.which course i should do.

Peter Grays in Greensboro, North Carolina

86 months ago

Wow --- you are an ass. How big is your mirror in your bedroom? "Buff and good looking guy" and "my precious ones"...
Are you a pimp or that moron from Lord of the Rings? Wow - way to make a fool of yourself... LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MH in Portland, Oregon

86 months ago

Applied in Moreno Valley, California said: I hear ya. I am very stern when I say "NO! I am not interested in drinking." I am into working out after work and then being with my precious ones, so unless it is a mandatory non alcoholic meeting at a restaurant, I would not go. I don't feel like I have to associate with alcoholics just because we work together; just like they don't have to associate with a buff good looking guy who loves eating healthy and being fit.

Just my 2 cents.

Have you ever considered removing the chip from your shoulder and talking with your manager about having a social event for half an hour during working hours? You come across as being both arrogant and self-centered.

12 345 in Seattle, Washington

85 months ago

MH in Hillsboro, Oregon said: I cannot begin to tell you how hard it was to find applicants who could show up on time, dressed appropriately, write a business letter, speak decent English, and who had any kind of math aptitude![/QUOTE

Based on some other comments, I'll probably get flamed for saying this, buuuuuut...

If what you say is true, why are very smart, competent, well-educated individuals not hired as tellers at Bank of America? I had a 4.0 (if not higher) GPA in high school, graduated from one of the top 20 national universities with a 3.5 and as a member of my major's honor society, am exceptionally literate, and dress impeccably. (In terms of punctuality, I was the one kept waiting for over half an hour when I showed up for my interview with the bank manager.) I have customer service and cash handling experience, and have never been fired from a job.

The interviews with both the bank manager and assistant bank manager went swimmingly, and I left the bank feeling positive and hopeful. Yet according to the assessment questionnaire, I am not well-suited for any of the entry level positions available. This is probably due to the fact that I answered questions about my social life in such a way that I was not painted as an exhibitionist. As Margaret Fong pointed out, just because I prefer to have a few close friends does not mean I cannot perform a certain job with excellence.

Perhaps the traits you mentioned are not as valued by B of A as you think? It seems more likely to me that this particular company values extroversion more than intelligence and experience--at least, for tellers and other customer service positions. If this is indeed the case, I wish that they would simply emphasize these desires above everything else so that those of us with less than excessively effervescent personalities need not waste our time.

As for B of A, I see their choice not to hire me as their loss.

12 345 in Seattle, Washington

85 months ago

Apologies for deleting a bracket and screwing up the formatting. My post starts at "Based on some other comments..."

MH in Portland, Oregon

85 months ago

To 12 345 - While I wish I could say that what happened to you is a fluke, alas, I cannot. I was hiring for a non-customer-facing position where technical ability was significantly more important than smiling, and we rarely socialized with coworkers after work, since we were working 60 hours a week. Unfortunately, BofA has become so centralized in these "back-room" functions, that unless you are in Charlotte or San Francisco/Concord, the positions are rarely available. I see that 12 345 is in Seattle, where SeaFirst was a true innovator in information processing (and based on website clues like account aggregation works except in WA and ID still runs its own teller system) but most of the development and information-centric positions have migrated out of Seattle.

Given its size, BofA still offers many opportunities, including stock ownership. One suggestion is to start somewhere else, establish a track record, and then apply for a higher-level position in a couple of years.

Good luck

BigBlove in Columbus, Ohio

85 months ago

MH in Hillsboro, Oregon said: I am a retired BofA middle manager (20+ years, 3 mergers.) Any organization that big is always looking for people who are articulate, willing and capable. I cannot begin to tell you how hard it was to find applicants who could show up on time, dressed appropriately, write a business letter, speak decent English, and who had any kind of math aptitude!

If you are rusty in any of these, hone your skills! But, realistically, for a bank, your likely job options are in the banking centers (branches) if you are outside of the major business centers (NY, Boston, Charlotte, LA, and SF for BofA.) If in a smaller city, go to a local banking center and talk with the bankingcenter manager, a personal banker, or the operations manager (CSM.)

Good luck.

Like so many, my fiancé worked for a mortgage company who closed their doors because of slowing business. It is unfortunate because it was a good company and they did well until they were bought by another company and had to adhere to their rules. She loved her job and is now stuck trying to find another one. She saw a job posting for Bank of America and sent her resume but, has not heard anything back yet. The job listed would fit her perfectly and I know she would be good at it. I was hoping that someone out there reading this would know someone in the Columbus, Ohio market for BOFA that she could contact. Anything would help. Thanks a lot. You can e-mail me at beckert@midwestfin.com

michele in Los Angeles, California

85 months ago

I applied at B of A three weeks ago for the personal banker position and have not heard back. I tried to call and email the person that did my screening. But no response. Since than I applied for other positions. The same thing is happening with me with a position I applied for at Wells Fargo. But I can go them and check on the status. What would you suggest???

BigBlove in Columbus, Ohio

85 months ago

I wish I new what to tell you about BOFA but like I said, we got no respose to an application. We did not even have anyones name or e-mail to contact so I would say you have a step up on us. In regards to Wells Fargo, I am in the mortgage business and do loans through Wells but the only people I talk to is my Account executive and the underwriters. I am in Ohio so......not sure if I cn help you out.

C Adams in Arlington, Virginia

85 months ago

I have worked for the Bank before and am currently trying to find a programming job in Charlotte. I was one of the first developers hired in the Interactive Banking Division back in 1993.

My experience in distributed computing is extensive and up to date but the HR department seems to be a black hole when it comes to the submission of resumes.

Has anybody else received a response (from a human) after submitting a resume through the Bank's on-line resume submission system?

Thanks,

Cory

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.