How to get a job at Bank Of America.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 167)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Violet in Canton, Georgia

79 months ago

C Adams in Arlington, Virginia said: I have worked for the Bank before and am currently trying to find a programming job in Charlotte. I was one of the first developers hired in the Interactive Banking Division back in 1993.

My experience in distributed computing is extensive and up to date but the HR department seems to be a black hole when it comes to the submission of resumes.

Has anybody else received a response (from a human) after submitting a resume through the Bank's on-line resume submission system?

Thanks,

Cory

Cory - I received a response from submitting an online resume/application within 24 hours. I'm sure it depends on the position you are applying for. I had a recruiter call and they set up a phone interview. I'd say keep submitting every couple of weeks until you get some type of response...good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

C Adams in Arlington, Virginia

79 months ago

Violet in Canton, Georgia said: Cory - I received a response from submitting an online resume/application within 24 hours. I'm sure it depends on the position you are applying for. I had a recruiter call and they set up a phone interview. I'd say keep submitting every couple of weeks until you get some type of response...good luck!

Thank you for the response. I will definitely try submitting again.

Best Regards,

Cory

Denise Williamson in Bakersfield, California

78 months ago

I am very interested in applying for a CASH SERVICES REP.I( at
BANK OF AMERICA, BAKERSFIELD,CA.) PLEASE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!

angel krider in Salisbury, North Carolina

78 months ago

I myself recently had an interview with boa, at first a recruiter called me and set up a phone interview, from the phone interview i had an interview with the hiring manager and now I'm waiting for them to tell me my status. But, overall my interview and everything was excellent. Hope I get the job but I bonded with the manager very well and Overall it was a great experience.

Your Advisor in O Fallon, Missouri

78 months ago

daggs23 in Schaumburg, Illinois said: does anyone know the salary for an already licensed (6 and 63) personal banker at bank of america? are commission good?

u r going to be expected to produce a high amount of revenue by selling their products as a 6 rep. Fixed annuities from NYL are where it's at w/ BAC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

amelia hernandez in San Diego, United States minor outlying islands

77 months ago

Great I like to learn more and more evry day

amelia hernandez in San Diego, United States minor outlying islands

77 months ago

Cee in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey said: They gets so many resumes; its best to know someone that works in there that can help you get in the door. There are too may layoffs that are not publicized; that the internal pool makes the people outside looking in very difficult to post. Learn the skills because its not alway about your degree unless its specified

Sure verything was helpfull

MH in Portland, Oregon

77 months ago

Amelia - Please learn to write a complete, simple declarative sentence! There are at least 6 errors in the previous response.

MH in Portland, Oregon

77 months ago

MH in Portland, Oregon said: Amelia - Please learn to write a complete, simple declarative sentence! There are at least 6 errors in the previous response.

My apologies - the reply should have been directed to Cee,

Reshma malek in Providence, Rhode Island

76 months ago

Do you work at Bank Of America? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reshma malek in Providence, Rhode Island

76 months ago

hi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jame in Fairfax, Virginia

76 months ago

Can any one please tell me if there is a teller assessment test sample for Bank of America?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

virgocalifornia in Moreno Valley, California

76 months ago

Jame in Fairfax, Virginia said: Can any one please tell me if there is a teller assessment test sample for Bank of America?

There is not one. It assesses your skills with interaction with others. Results would be different with everyone.

idealistic but cynical in Chicago suburb, Illinois

76 months ago

Su P said: I am in the same boat as you are: Completed Assessment, Group Interview and was called for an interview with Center Manager and Teller Manager last week. Was told that I will hear by eod friday. The part that bafalled me was that I was given less than 2 hrs to appear for the interview (can you believe this) and was told by the manager that they have other candidates lined up for interviews the following week. I felt singled out here as I was not given enough time for mentally preparing for the interview. I contacted HR and today I found that the HR coordinator who was handling my case has left the bank......

I think you should express your interest in the position but be firm about scheduling an interview for a time that allow you to be at your best. I can't believe someone would fault you for having another appt. or interview the very same day they call you.

76 months ago

jmor in Austin, Texas said: I work for Bank of America. I don't believe the bank has hidden fees, they just have a different way of inputting transactions in the system. Upon the opening of a new account, the schedule of fees is given to the customer. As for the holds that are placed on the checks, there are several reasons for this. It depends when the account was opened (holds are usually placed for the first 90 days), the state of origin of the check(farther states take longer), negative standing on an account will also require holds but only for 2 days or so, large checks ($10,000+) usually take about a week unless it is a cashier's check.

All checks post at midnight, except checks deposited after 4pm, those clear the next business day at midnight. There are ways to prevent overdrafts: overdraft protection is the best way to stop further loss. You only lose $10 for the transfer from your savings or credit card account, compared to $35 for EVERY transaction done after becoming negative; assuming you have the funds in either of the savings or credit card. If you know you went negative from a purchase, the only way to prevent an overdraft charge is to deposit CASH into the account BEFORE 4pm on the same day you went under.

Hopefully this hasn't scared ya'll. I do like working at Bank of America because they have great benefits and great potential to move up the corporate ladder. I'll be happy to answer any further questions regarding BoA's policies.

also get direct deposit for your paycheck through your place of employment if you can - your funds will be available immediately

AyakaP in Chicago, Illinois

76 months ago

I also applied for a teller position in different branches on May 29th and 30th, but I haven't hear from them. I got a comfirmation mail says "If your profile corresponds to the requirements, a member of our Staffing Department will contact you." I don't know how long I have to wait for...

And does anyone know how much is salary for an entry teller position? Per hour or year?

My husband says I definetely qualify for a teller position since I have 18 months of the cash handling experience and 3 years of the work experience at the 5 star hotel. Only thing I'm worried about is I'm not a native English speaker(I mean I don't have any confidence with my English, but people say I'm fine :(, so I applied for it, and I'm a still student. I don't know.

I want to work for summer and hopefully after summer, too. Should I work at the restaurant for now, then if BoA accepts me, I can work there!?

In Japan, the company usually contacts me in 3 days, and I have never worked in the US so far, so this drives me nuts...

Sleepless in Tampa in Brandon, Florida

76 months ago

Hi,

I recently applied to BOA as a rehire for a customer service/sales position.I have not worked for the bank for about five years. What are my chances of getting rehired. Also what information (in detail) are they looking for during the back ground check? I don't have a criminal history but my credit is not squeeky clean.

Kyle a in Queen Creek, Arizona

75 months ago

Hi, I'm 18, Just graduated high school with a 3.5 gpa, i've never had any such criminal record. I applied at BOA and i was struck down for a teller position. I cant understand this because I communicate very well with new people and new situations. I LOVE math for whatever reason, and i can dress very well in a shirt and tie. the only reason why i think i didnt get the job was simply because im too young. Ive had a ton of customer service experience and a years worth of money handling experience. Im contemplating whether or not to dress up in a shirt and tie and go to 3 different banks and ask them how i could get a job as a teller. ive already gone down to the BOA near me and spoke with the manage, he told me i needed to apply online but he took my resume because i had it on me. He seemed to like me and i enjoyed the brief talk we had and i felt confident that if i applied id get a job. obviously i didnt. i was emailed 2 days after i applied by the vp of recruiting and she said they could not further me for the position. if i could have just had an interview they would not have denied me. someone please advise me on what i should do. i want to pursue a career in business so i think a simple bank teller job would be a nice step up from my previous jobs, thank you!

MH in Portland, Oregon

75 months ago

Kyle - First, try to find out exactly what your shortcomings were in the teller exam so you can correct them.

Second - It sounds like you didn't apply to BofA in a shirt/tie; why not? You need to make every effort all the time. (Yes, I know you talked with the manager but applied on-line.)

Third - If your note is an indication, you are sloppy in your communications (poor grammar, run-on sentences, not capitalizing I. If your excuse is that this is a blog/board, so it doesn't count, you are incorrect; ANYTHING IN PUBLIC counts. How's your MySpace page?) What did the VP mean by "they could not further me for the position"? Did you ask why?

Fourth - Go back the the manager; call and ask for 10 minutes of his time first. Explain what happened, and ask his opinion of what you might do to press your application, and that you really would like to work for BofA.

Good luck.

M

MH in Portland, Oregon

75 months ago

Sleepless in Tampa in Brandon, Florida said: Hi,

I recently applied to BOA as a rehire for a customer service/sales position.I have not worked for the bank for about five years. What are my chances of getting rehired. Also what information (in detail) are they looking for during the back ground check? I don't have a criminal history but my credit is not squeeky clean.

Alas, your credit history is indicative of your ability to manage money. Someone with a poor credit history is a higher risk for embezzlement. And, yes, that's a generalization, not an indictment. But, I have work with bank auditors before, and tellers with "shorts" are most likely those with money troubles who have every intention of paying the money back next payday.

For a bank, public trustin the institution and its employees is paramount (well, ok, don't go off on me about loan officers and stupic mortgage deals!) but for tellers, the bank has to be super careful as the tellers are handling very large amounts of money.

Sorry I can't provide more detail.

M

MH in Portland, Oregon

75 months ago

MH in Portland, Oregon said: Alas, your credit history is indicative of your ability to manage money. Someone with a poor credit history is a higher risk for embezzlement. And, yes, that's a generalization, not an indictment. But, I have worked with bank auditors before, and tellers with "shorts" are most likely those with money troubles who have every intention of paying the money back next payday.

For a bank, public trust in the institution and its employees is paramount (well, ok, don't go off on me about loan officers and stupic mortgage deals!) but for tellers, the bank has to be super careful as the tellers are handling very large amounts of money.

Sorry I can't provide more detail.

M

Sorry for the typos - "I have worked...", "stupid"

75 months ago

When I applied online I was never given the choice to take a teller exam. I had no knowledge that I was supposed to.

Secondly, my grammar and punctuation were poor because, as you said, I felt it was unimportant here. However, I should work on how I type on public forums.

Also, I am very computer savvy and feel as though my computer skills are well
above the requirements for a teller position.

I did not go back to the manager and now I regret not doing so. However, I did apply (In a shirt and tie) at a FirstBank. When I applied there they also had me take a 12 minute test. There were 50 questions and the manager there explained that I most likely would not finish. I got to about question 32 and my time was up. She said that if my score was high enough they would call me back for an interview. I just applied yesterday so I'm still hoping to hear back from them. If you have anymore advice about what I should do if I don't hear back from them that would be great.

As for the email I received, it never explained why I was unable to be hired. Here is a part of the email saying I could not be hired:

"We consider many good candidates and the selection decisions are seldom easy. After careful review of your background and experience, we regret that we are unable to further consider you for the position."

It seems to be my lack of experience; since I have never been a teller before and I just graduated high school. It also says that I should not reply to the email. I was not sure if I should go back to the manager or just leave it be at the time.

Recruiting Girl in Dallas, Texas

75 months ago

Hi Patrick,
While many Financial Services companies are on hiring freezes and doing layoffs, you may want to consider entry level work for one of their competitors (ie. Scottrade, JP Morgan/Chase, Ameriprise). When you start out, most of those firms will sponsor you to study and pass your Series 7 and 63 licenses. You'll make more money in the long run, and you'll find that market to be more stable than mortgage. Typically, the customers are 401K investment clients at the "institution" level. Just a suggestion.

MH in Portland, Oregon

75 months ago

Kyle A -
Thanks for the well thought-out response. I would suggest you go talk with the local branch manager again. The odds are low that it will help you, but it certainly won't hurt, and you may be able to learn something about the process or what the manager is looking for. Be sure to ask the manager about anything else he/she knows about that might be up your alley as well. Many, if not most, job openings are never posted anywhere.

Good luck. MH

75 months ago

This may be off topic, but I want to go into "International Business". This is why I want to get my foot in the door of banking to learn more about business. I want to be able to travel to foreign countries and do "Business". I'm not quite sure what field of business I need to study for a career such as this. However, this is a motivation I have that makes me want to get a job at B of A. A teller job would just help me move forward and,in my opinion, would be a step up from my previous retail and restaurant jobs considering the fact that I'm only 18. If anyone understands what I'm looking for could you please help me understand what career I should seek for International Business. I'm currently enrolled for the fall of 2008 at my local college and have classes towards my Associates in Business. My parents even tell me that I should possibly consider taking a couple Mandarin Chinese classes. I even know a bit of Japanese and my dad is fluent with the language. Any suggestions pointing in this direction would be great!
Arigato gozaimasu. (Thank you very much)

MH in Portland, Oregon

75 months ago

You are going to need at least a BS degree in Business, Finance, Marketing or, more specifically, in International Business. Look at the US News & World Report rankings of undergraduate programs. Business Week also should have info about programs. Yes, a couple of years locally to get an AA degrees is an inexpensive start, but make sure of two things: 1) the credits are transferrable to a 4-year school, and 2) that you get A's in all business-related classes so that you'll get full credit at transfer.

Also, consider starting work either in a company with a major international presence (FedEx, UPS, major bank, etc.), or in a market where there are a lot of international businesses, like LA, SF, NY, etc. Phoenix isn't quite a hotbed. Working as a teller and as whatever you can get promoted to while doing college is a good start but you're going to want to move to a bigger city.

AyakaP in Chicago, Illinois

75 months ago

Kyle a in Queen Creek, Arizona said: This may be off topic, but I want to go into "International Business". This is why I want to get my foot in the door of banking to learn more about business. I want to be able to travel to foreign countries and do "Business". I'm not quite sure what field of business I need to study for a career such as this. However, this is a motivation I have that makes me want to get a job at B of A. A teller job would just help me move forward and,in my opinion, would be a step up from my previous retail and restaurant jobs considering the fact that I'm only 18. If anyone understands what I'm looking for could you please help me understand what career I should seek for International Business. I'm currently enrolled for the fall of 2008 at my local college and have classes towards my Associates in Business. My parents even tell me that I should possibly consider taking a couple Mandarin Chinese classes. I even know a bit of Japanese and my dad is fluent with the language. Any suggestions pointing in this direction would be great!
Arigato gozaimasu. (Thank you very much)

I also applied for teller position few weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything from them. I am 24 now. I speak Japanese, English, a little bit of Spanish and French. I have an Associate's degree from Japan, and I'm trying to get a Bachelor's in Accounting now. I worked at five-star hotel and a big department store for 4 years or so...I don't know what they want...Maybe teller position is really competitive.

75 months ago

Yes, from what I hear the teller position is one everyone fights for. The best advice I've ever been given is to apply non-stop. Show up to the location in professional clothes and ask the manager what more you can do,(Even though we already know he/she is just going to say there is not too much they can do.) Just be persistent and show them that you really mean business. If you don't have a cover letter then they probably wont consider you.

I also just applied for the second time today for B of A, If I can't get an interview I'll be blown away. I feel like I'm fully qualified for the position. However, if things don't work out again I'm simply going to apply at Compass Bank.

You may also want to try a smaller bank, perhaps a regional bank instead of a large international bank. I'm applying at multiple banks since I just want a job as a teller for beginners experience so that I can later get a job at a larger bank such as B of A or Chase.

75 months ago

Does anyone know if I should even bother trying so hard at getting a teller job? I fully feel that I'm qualified, I've had at LEAST 1 year of customer service and sales experience and DEFINITELY 6 months of cash handling skills. I'm very professional about how I speak to new people and customers, and I certainly look professional in a shirt and tie. The only reason I could see why BOA, Chase, Wells Fargo, etc. would turn me down would be because I'm only 18. I've applied twice at Wells Fargo, twice at BOA and once at Chase with no offer of an interview. I've tried walking in and talking to a manager multiple times and no luck. I'm just very bent on a teller job since I think it would be perfect job for me and a good step up from clothing stores and restaurants. Does anyone have any better advice? Maybe I just need a little more encouragement.

75 months ago

Kyle a in Queen Creek, Arizona said: Does anyone know if I should even bother trying so hard at getting a teller job? I fully feel that I'm qualified, I've had at LEAST 1 year of customer service and sales experience and DEFINITELY 6 months of cash handling skills. I'm very professional about how I speak to new people and customers, and I certainly look professional in a shirt and tie. The only reason I could see why BOA, Chase, Wells Fargo, etc. would turn me down would be because I'm only 18. I've applied twice at Wells Fargo, twice at BOA and once at Chase with no offer of an interview. I've tried walking in and talking to a manager multiple times and no luck. I'm just very bent on a teller job since I think it would be perfect job for me and a good step up from clothing stores and restaurants. Does anyone have any better advice? Maybe I just need a little more encouragement.

Honestly, I think very few people would be impressed with the teller position on your resume anyway. Try applying for an internship at an office somewhere if that's the only way you can get in. An assistant or a trainee job in an office would get you in the door and allow you to be closer to managers. Try applying at a staffing agency to get a realistic appraisal of your skills and how they relate to jobs available. Stay in school and get that four-year degree if you can afford it. Some people go to school at night and work during the day.

Rich Laurenzi in Frankfort, Illinois

74 months ago

Hello Idealistic I represent PFS a CITI company,and I am looking for people to work with our clients in all areas of financial services which we train our people in if they don't have the background. Call me after 9AM at 630-241-4291 or 708-712-3448

Ljnk2 in Everett, Washington

74 months ago

I was hoping to enlist some help from people concerning getting a job at Bank of America. I have already recieved the first screening call, passed that, then the teller assessment, passed that, and now I have to be scheduled for an interview. I was wondering if anyone could help me with what questions they ask you during the interview process. I have retail experience and lots of management, but no bank experience so I'm thrilled I got a call and an interview, but now I am so nervous. If I knew what to expect it would really calm my nerves. If anyone has been through the process before and remembers what was asked... help me! LOL. Thanks in advance!

Nicole

MH in Portland, Oregon

74 months ago

Ljnk2 in Everett, Washington said: I was hoping to enlist some help from people concerning getting a job at Bank of America. I have already recieved the first screening call, passed that, then the teller assessment, passed that, and now I have to be scheduled for an interview. I was wondering if anyone could help me with what questions they ask you during the interview process. I have retail experience and lots of management, but no bank experience so I'm thrilled I got a call and an interview, but now I am so nervous. If I knew what to expect it would really calm my nerves. If anyone has been through the process before and remembers what was asked... help me! LOL. Thanks in advance!

Nicole

Congratulations on making it this far! Although I was never a teller, I worked with a lot of them. Basically, the bank is looking for people who are comfortable with all types of people, who do not get rattled, and who can follow procedures. You must be able to not get rattled by either customers who are upset with the bank or someone who is trying to scam you. Obviously, cash handling experience is a plus. You will probably be asked something on the order of "Tell me about a very stressful circumstance you have had at work with a customer, and how you resolved it." Have a friend/parent/mentor act like a bank branch manager, think like them, and then interview you for the position based on what the position requires. Think about what you want a bank teller to be (cashing checks for you when you don't have any money doesn't score well on the believability scale!) And, if you have any problems on your credit report, be sure you can explain why and what you have done about them. (Don't volunteer unless it's a bankruptcy; let them ask.) Financial integrity is a must. If you can't handle your own credit, the bank will figure you'll be tempted by the tens of thousands of $$$ you'll handle daily.

Good luck.

Daniel Petlyarsky in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

73 months ago

Hi I am 19 years old. I am in my first semester of college, I am Studying finance. I have been trying to look for a job at a bank because I want some expierence. But, so far I have not been able to get past the recruiter. Can someone please help with getting past the recruiter and the interview?

1982danny in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

That is not true. I am not considered a sociable person. I knew no one at Bank of America and the first time I applied to a position I got an interview and got hired. The first time!

Don't work for BOA in Ontario, California

72 months ago

I would not recommend for anyone to work for BOA. I currently work at a call center and it's nothing but sweatshop environment. All they care about is numbers. The management is a total joke. I would definitely look somewhere else before I get suckered into the company.

TEJANA in Fresno, California

72 months ago

Don't work for BOA in Ontario, California said: I would not recommend for anyone to work for BOA. I currently work at a call center and it's nothing but sweatshop environment. All they care about is numbers. The management is a total joke. I would definitely look somewhere else before I get suckered into the company.

Well All I have to say then is your call center sucks...I work for BOA and LOVE i, and it is at a call center. I don't feel in anyway it is a sweatshop, are all given nice desk with our own computers and comfortable chairs. We have a huge breakroom with Vending Machines and a lunch truck parked in Front of our Building for 5 hours a day for our needs. Breaks are set up correctly to fit our needs also and our Manger are not to concern with number, it about doing the right thing for the customers. Even though they sometimes don't feel its the right thing when it comes to Money. The bank if Fair in all its practices, But when is comes to money people will never agree. All I can say is take responsiblity for your own action and learn to not over spend if you don't have it don't spend it and risk that check your wrote last week to bounce, cause it will and you won't be happy.

Don't work for BOA in Ontario, California

72 months ago

TEJANA in Fresno, California said: Well All I have to say then is your call center sucks...I work for BOA and LOVE i, and it is at a call center. I don't feel in anyway it is a sweatshop, are all given nice desk with our own computers and comfortable chairs. We have a huge breakroom with Vending Machines and a lunch truck parked in Front of our Building for 5 hours a day for our needs. Breaks are set up correctly to fit our needs also and our Manger are not to concern with number, it about doing the right thing for the customers. Even though they sometimes don't feel its the right thing when it comes to Money. The bank if Fair in all its practices, But when is comes to money people will never agree. All I can say is take responsiblity for your own action and learn to not over spend if you don't have it don't spend it and risk that check your wrote last week to bounce, cause it will and you won't be happy.

Well, I do agree with you as far as the work environment. We do have great work environment also. What I meant was the way our marketing dept is being run. Most of the people I have talked to are either looking way to get our of the bank of transferring to other departments. The management doesn't seem to care what we have input. They just do whatever they want.

norman walker in Warner Robins, Georgia

66 months ago

Norman Harris in Brea, California said: James,

I am on the Bank of America Staffing team and I would be happy to review your online application. Can you send me your full name and/or candidate profile that you were provided when you applied online? You can send information to norman.l.harris@bankofamerica.com.

I can't get past the "Assessment" screening for B o A. I have been an assistant manager for both McDonald's and SAM's Club (second largest company in the world). I have applied for two entry level positions (Personal Banker and Teller) with no success. Many former employees of B o A state that I have great integrity which will prevent me from ever passing the "Assessment" and say I'm making a mistake in even seeking employment with your company and I believe them now. I think it is a shame that a computer based screening assessment can stop the potential for B o A gaining a great employee. I have never been fired from a job and I am also retired from the United States Air Force with many experiences in the professional world. Please share your thoughts.

nwalkerii@cox.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

david in OC in Cypress, California

66 months ago

Since thise forum helped me I'll explain what happened with me...
So I applied for about 3 different positions.. Collections... Personal Banker, Teller... Took the assessment test(personality test).. 1 Month later it seems like maybe 3 weeks later I get a call from a recruiter for the collections. She was real nice.Asked me a couple questions about the position and myself. Set me up with a assessment test which has to also be passed. The assessment basically gives you examples and you answers that you rate based on what you heard and read. If you don't pass this then you don't get a call back. WIthin 30 mins of sending the email that I was done... I got a call back saying I passed and more about salary and details then a Phone interview was set up for a day later.After the Phone interview which lasts about 30 mins to 45 mins I got set up for a in person interview for 2 days later. At the site, I went through One Peer Review and then 2 supervisor interviews. All very nice, First one was a girl next two were guys.Questions asked were pretty much the same as everyone says, irate customer, Above and beyond for customer, strength, weaknesses, and of course I want to emphasize ASK QUESTIONS AT THE END!!!... even if you don't want to ask a minimum of 3 questions. Why?...it shows interests and that you read about the company. That overall took almost 2 hours... was told it would take 1... anyways at the end I didn't know what to think... I thought I did good... I walked away without really knowiong what to expect. THey told me to they'd call in 1 to 2 days...close enough within 72 hours got a call giving me an offer for the position. so I guess it takes time, right answers, and to be yourself... PS... those personality tests fail just some people... some even if you answer honestly or lying will always fail. depends on person... basically don't put the middle too much and throw in a couple extreme agrees and disagrees... for example I get mad easily or make friends easil

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

david in OC in Cypress, California

66 months ago

just to give my background experience... graduated college with a bachelors of arts in social science. Had 4+ years in customer service, recently had a job in merchant banking/ investment banking, not any experience in banking at all, nor the specific job. however banking is all about customer experience, and being able to build a relationship, so I guess this shows anyone with any background can make the entry level positions

RobinD in Fort Worth, Texas

63 months ago

Norman Harris in Brea, California said: James,

I am on the Bank of America Staffing team and I would be happy to review your online application. Can you send me your full name and/or candidate profile that you were provided when you applied online? You can send information to norman.l.harris@bankofamerica.com.

Hi James; Not sure if you're who can help me, but I've been trying to get a job with the call center in Fort Worth, Texas and have not received a reply. Is there any other way to just get an interview? Once I do, I can handle the rest. I appreciate any assistance you can offer. Thanks.

btmt in Chicago, Illinois

63 months ago

I took an assessment test at BOA for teller position and it said that base on my test I was didn't qualify for this position.WHAT IN THE WORLD DO THEY NEED?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

James in Salisbury, North Carolina

49 months ago

I am a recent graduate majoring in Information Technology. I am trying to secure a job with Bank of America. Does any one have any contacts/numbers or advice for being able to get a position with this company.I have applied but have not had any luck....

bbincali in Los Angeles, California

49 months ago

James in Salisbury, North Carolina said: I am a recent graduate majoring in Information Technology. I am trying to secure a job with Bank of America. Does any one have any contacts/numbers or advice for being able to get a position with this company.I have applied but have not had any luck....

You have your own answer: you're a recent graduate. Why would the largest bank in the country, by assets, hire a recent graduate with no experience? You need to earn your stripes, pay your dues, and work for a lot less money at a lot less prestigious bank or company. You may think it's unfair, but everyone has been in your shoes at one point in time or another.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

I have experience..I earned 45% of my college expenses by working....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bbincali in Los Angeles, California

49 months ago

James in Salisbury, North Carolina said: I have experience..I earned 45% of my college expenses by working....

Then essentially you worked less than part time and is tantamount to only two years of employment, at best. Furthermore, your old job is probably not up to par in terms of what BofA is seeking, since, obviously, you're seeking a different job. I'm not trying to be mean, but we have soaring high levels of unemployment. Ceteris paribus, why would BofA hire a recent grad with little experience over someone who needs little training and has extensive experience. You're competing against people who have a ton of experience and credentials who are also seeking employment. Everyone wants to work at BofA. You can't work there just because you want to. I got hired, and it was only because I had a solid track of experience and education. Seems to me like you just want to skip having to work hard and go straight to the top. Not gonna happen in this economy. Do you know how many people have IT degrees? A lot!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

I am not against working hard..I will continue to.By the way thanks for your suggestion....

49 months ago

Daniel..Thanks I can send you my resume and yes I am very qualified. How can I do that?

49 months ago

Daniel: I forwarded you my resume..Did you receive it?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.