How I got a job offer at Bank of America (Teller)

Comments (1)

Jenny Aybar in Davenport, Florida

45 months ago

Hello everybody, I said to myself that if I got the job at BOA I would come back to indeed.com and make a whole summary of the process and my experiences because I did read a lot of the comments here while in the process.

I applied online through www.indeed.com, initially. I filled out the application on Saturday 6th and then I had to take an assessment. The assessment consisted on counting money, typing speed, and personality questions. They don't expect you to answer ALL of the questions, they want to see how fast and accurate you answer them. I initially applied By

These questions are mainly to make sure you are being honest, thus, some of the questions are repeated to see how the individual answers. For example, choose: strongly disagree, disagree, neutral, agree, and strongly agree. "I always tried to outperform coworkers", if you put strongly disagree, and then they ask you this again towards the end, and you put strongly agree, they will perceive the inconsistency as dishonesty.

I believe I got the good news about the assessment two days after, so by Monday 8th, I received a call by a nice lady to set up a phone interview. The interview was scheduled for Thursday 11th at 10:00 AM. He called at 9:59 A.M so VERY PUNCTUAL. During this interview, I was asked to talk about myself, why Bank of America, what do i think the teller position involves? and to provide an example of an instance in which I did beyond what was expected from me in a customer service situation. And how do I see myself within the next 3 years. Perhaps a few other questions here and there and he provided lots of information about the position and that specific location (upscale big branch) This interview lasted for about 18 minutes to be exact.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.