How I got a job offer at Bank of America (Teller)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Jenny Aybar in Davenport, Florida

35 months ago

Hello everybody, I said to myself that if I got the job at BOA I would come back to indeed.com and make a whole summary of the process and my experiences because I did read a lot of the comments here while in the process.

I applied online through www.indeed.com, initially. I filled out the application on Saturday 6th and then I had to take an assessment. The assessment consisted on counting money, typing speed, and personality questions. They don't expect you to answer ALL of the questions, they want to see how fast and accurate you answer them. I initially applied By

These questions are mainly to make sure you are being honest, thus, some of the questions are repeated to see how the individual answers. For example, choose: strongly disagree, disagree, neutral, agree, and strongly agree. "I always tried to outperform coworkers", if you put strongly disagree, and then they ask you this again towards the end, and you put strongly agree, they will perceive the inconsistency as dishonesty.
I believe I got the good news about the assessment two days after, so by Monday 8th, I received a call by a nice lady to set up a phone interview. The interview was scheduled for Thursday 11th at 10:00 AM. He called at 9:59 A.M so VERY PUNCTUAL. During this interview, I was asked to talk about myself, why Bank of America, what do i think the teller position involves? and to provide an example of an instance in which I did beyond what was expected from me in a customer service situation. And how do I see myself within the next 3 years. Perhaps a few other questions here and there and he provided lots of information about the position and that specific location (upscale big branch) This interview lasted for about 18 minutes to be exact.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

This person then set me up for ANOTHER phone interview, for the next day Friday 12th. It was with the branch manager. This other interview was similar questions to the first one but it was actually shorter and he also asked me what would be my dream job, he also provided lots of information and proceeded to tell me that the first phone interviewer (Mr. G) was going to contact me later on that Friday or by Monday (15th) the latest.

This interview lasted for about 11 minutes and the manager was about 8 minutes late.
Monday at around 12:00 P.M, Mr.G (first phone interview person) called to set up the one-on-one interview, I asked about my availability and I told him that after 3:00 PM would be great, he actually went ahead and asked politely what is the reason why I can’t do it in the morning and I explained that I don’t have day care for my son or relatives, he said he was going to call me back to verify and within 20 minutes he called back to let me know I had an interview for 3:30 PM the next day, so it was perfect for me.
For the interview, I went to the hair salon so I can have my hair done and presentable, I made sure I had clean appropriate clothes. I wore a black suit with a white dress shirt, very basic. I did my makeup with foundation, made sure the day before I had done my eyebrows and used a mask to have skin ready for the next day. I also did a manicure myself, with a very neutral nail polish color, high heels and very tiny pearl studs. I also used very neutral eye shadow and minute amount of eye liner, mascara and hints of blush.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

I was supposed to meet with two ladies that day, but upon entering the location and requesting the interviewer, I realized it was only going to be with her. Along the interview she did mention the other person was going to be off for the day. She was very nice, the first thing she said is that she won’t shake my hand because she is sick.
The interview was VERY basic, same as the ones on the phone, she never asked for any specific example or situation with a difficult customer, I was SUPER prepared for those and felt a little down when I realized that the interview was only like 15 minutes. After that I left and within the next 2 hours I received a call from Mr. G to ask me if I was still interested and offered me the job, upon background check and all that being verified.

Hopefully this helped someone out there, please let me know if you want to know anything else.

P.S: I am a senior college student of business, I have worked at family business in another country as a cashier, in a restaurant as a hostess and at a school as a paraeducator. I'm 22

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No Reply - Report abuse

etsanchez7 in Los Angeles, California

31 months ago

I have passed my background and should be having my one on one any day now and I was wondering what questions you were asked?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

AhrenD in Atlanta, Georgia

16 months ago

Jenny Aybar in Davenport, Florida said: I was supposed to meet with two ladies that day, but upon entering the location and requesting the interviewer, I realized it was only going to be with her. Along the interview she did mention the other person was going to be off for the day. She was very nice, the first thing she said is that she won’t shake my hand because she is sick.
The interview was VERY basic, same as the ones on the phone, she never asked for any specific example or situation with a difficult customer , I was SUPER prepared for those and felt a little down when I realized that the interview was only like 15 minutes. After that I left and within the next 2 hours I received a call from Mr. G to ask me if I was still interested and offered me the job, upon background check and all that being verified.

Hopefully this helped someone out there, please let me know if you want to know anything else.

P.S: I am a senior college student of business , I have worked at family business in another country as a cashier , in a restaurant as a hostess and at a school as a paraeducator. I'm 22

Jenny, could you please contact me at ahrendrew@gmail.com? I have some important questions for you, and I have gone through A LOT of these posts. Yours in the first I've wanted to reply to, but only allowed 2,000 characters. My questions were more than that and I could not post here. I have a job offer from B of A, and have some questions that I nervous about.

Thank you so much, should you get this.

Sincerely,

Aaron Spicer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.