if you have bad credit you can't work in the bank?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

virgocalifornia in Moreno Valley, California

75 months ago

That's a difficult question to answer in this type of forum. If you are interested in working for the bank post online and ask your recruiter that question. What do you have to loose? 20 minutes of your time completing the application??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Cyndi DuPont in somewhere, Ohio

75 months ago

Yes, I have been turned down from employment at a bank for having a low credit score.
Not all of them do that however. They actually sent me a registered letter stating my credit score, and that they will not be considering me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

C Ann in San Antonio, Texas

58 months ago

elcasador hernandez in Los Angeles, California said: anyone know if they well find out that you have bad credit they well disqualified you ?

My recruiter told me that they do NOT check credit. Thank God because I made some mistakes back in the day, and luckily, there was no effect from that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

C Ann in San Antonio, Texas

58 months ago

cassandra in Macon, Georgia said: why does it matter what your credit score is if you are a hard worker that is able to help and not hender the company than what is the problem

Some companies use this to determine if you would be able to work for them because a low credit score or a history or defaulting may mean that you're irresponsible, careless with money, or more likely to steal. It's sad but true. Companies don't know you personally when they hire you, so information like this, especially for higher-level positions, can be a crucial part in determining just how qualified you are. I've heard (but am not sure myself) that credit unions are a bit tighter on that type of thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

cestlavie in Hermosa Beach, California

18 months ago

Actually they DO check credit. But the catch is it depends on your state laws, for instance, when I worked in Oregon, it was legal to check your credit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Maria

12 months ago

Can I still qualify for a banking job even if I owe another bank?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Ilamf in San Francisco, California

10 months ago

What banking institutions are hiring that forgive back credit from other bank institutions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MysticPizza in Newark, Delaware

10 months ago

I can tell you that not all banks seem to check credit history, or perhaps they check it and decide they will allow it anyway. In 2007 I was hired as a bank teller despite having a bankruptcy in my background from 2001. I was working on repairing my credit at the time so if they checked, maybe they could see that? I don't know.
I'm about to start work as a Fraud Analyst with BofA, but it has now been 12 years since the bankruptcy (passed the 10 year mark that it's supposed to be on one's record) and my credit is ok now. So if your credit shows signs of being repaired maybe even with less than stellar credit you might still be ok even if they check your credit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

NotfromCullman in Cullman, Alabama

10 months ago

Ilamf in San Francisco, California said: What banking institutions are hiring that forgive back credit from other bank institutions?

What?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

Thank you for that information. It really helps to know that a lending institution will forgive bad credit and trust enough to hire candidates with such.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ari Conner in Charlotte, North Carolina

9 months ago

I worked at Wells Fargo. They do not do credit checks for employment nor drug test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Shell

7 months ago

I had to do a urine test for Wells Fargo in November 2012.

Black Tea in Dallas, Texas

7 months ago

Wells Fargo made me pop an acne pustule and they did some sort of swab with the puss and said I was ok - but recommended I eat less Doritos and junk food.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

MeandHer in Charlotte, North Carolina

7 months ago

Ari Conner in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I worked at Wells Fargo. They do not do credit checks for employment nor drug test.

What position did you apply for?

MeandHer in Charlotte, North Carolina

7 months ago

Ari Conner in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I worked at Wells Fargo. They do not do credit checks for employment nor drug test.

What position did you apply for? and how long ago has it been since you were employed?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

I applied for a teller position. I have a business degree and have managed a business before so would like a position in management or leading. I feel that Leading financial institutions are open to new ideas of reaching out to clients and developing relationships with new customers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.