I was terminated from my last job. and have made it to the ASI portion HELP

Comments (15)

sunspots in la, Texas

65 months ago

i was terminated from my last job for doing something that was against company policy (not stealing). i passed the group interview and the one on one interview with the branch manager. anyways i havent disclosed the information yet and am wondering if i dont mention it on the ASI will it rescind me from getting the job.

when do you guys think the best time to disclose it would be, or should i not even worry about it.

sunspots in la, Texas

65 months ago

i was never charged with anything, and its not on my record.
i also have no misdemeanors or felonies.

if i just put "voluntarily left" on the ASI will it come back alright

Ines Gonzalez in Houston, Texas

65 months ago

to be honest with you, Im in the same exact position that you are in right now. I just finished my ASI this past 5 mins and I was once terminated from my job but I also wasnt charged with theft, i decided to put that I was let go because I wanted to be honest, rather then have them find out on their own and have it back fire on me. Who knows, it's not like we have a felony, so Im just going to pray that all works out for me :)

sunspots in la, Texas

65 months ago

you know whats funny, we were in the same group interview. the one at eldridge that got switched to downtown.

sunspots in la, Texas

65 months ago

id rather not have any of our information on this site or the internet, so lets just stick to keeping this solely about the job. if you are who i think you are, then im guessing you got the message.

anyways i know their gonna call your previous job and i know that the last job can only give out:
-start/end date
-salary
-eligible to be rehired

i'm just not sure if my last job will mention ANYTHING about me being terminated. so if they wont, then i'd rather not take the chance. but if they will, then i'd like to go ahead and come clean with it instead of them having to find out.

plus the reason i was terminated was for being honest about something that was going on, everyone did it but they all lied about it and got to keep their jobs. i was honest about it and lost my job. for something that happened over a year ago. how ridiculous is that. :|

65 months ago

sunspots in la, Texas said: you know whats funny, we were in the same group interview. the one at eldridge that got switched to downtown.

I was at the interview at eldridge, but didnt go to downtown, so IDK...
But yea, I agree with you! the old job can only give certain info. and again its not like we committed crimes. jobs were firing people left and right, and thats that. My position was eliminated, so they were just looking for ways to get rid of me. But oh well I wish us both the best :D

sunspots in la, Texas

65 months ago

let me know how your ASI turns out when you get it back, i'm still contemplating over mine

65 months ago

I sure will...

friendlygirl in Brooklyn, New York

62 months ago

Hello Everyone,
I know it's been a few months since you contributed to this forum, but...I am in the same situation, i have been terminated from a previous employer for not the most valid reason. I just want to know if any one of you guys got hired? Should I even bother trying to continue my application process with BofA.
THANK YOU!!!

Star in Mooresville, North Carolina

62 months ago

Hello all,

The ASI process is a very crucial step in the BofA hiring process. If you leave out ANY employers, the investigators will find out and you will get an UNSAT result which means you will not be able to apply to any positions again for 9 months. Try your best to include all employers within that 5 year time frame and whether or not you were terminated. Trust me, the investigators have ways of finding out if you were let go or not and for what reason. So, with that said, it's best to be completely honest about everything! I would rather be not hired for being honest than to be not hired for being dishonest, it doesn't look good folks. And you don't want to get in the habit of being dishonest as it relates to employment.

Good Luck and let me know how all of your results turn out!
Star

dre132000 in Augusta, Georgia

61 months ago

I finished the ASI two days ago, and then forgot about an employer i worked at for only two days, the company was a fraud and then they went out of business, so i dont think that there is any record of them. Will that have any affect on employment.? and i also have had 9 jobs in the past five years, Do u think that will go against me? most of them have been part time or temp or seasonal because im a college student.

Brad Lord in Hung Hom, Hong Kong

61 months ago

Hi sunspot and Ines Gonzalez !
SO how did your ASI result turn out finally?

Actually I am in a similar situation like you and I am not sure whether I should spend anymore time on it. If the company WILL NOT hire terminated people plz just let them know !We need to live and we have to keep finding job.

Sounds irony that, you get rejected for you have been rejected before.

curious in Jacksonville, Florida

18 months ago

Ines Gonzalez in Houston, Texas said: to be honest with you, Im in the same exact position that you are in right now. I just finished my ASI this past 5 mins and I was once terminated from my job but I also wasnt charged with theft, i decided to put that I was let go because I wanted to be honest, rather then have them find out on their own and have it back fire on me. Who knows, it's not like we have a felony, so Im just going to pray that all works out for me :)

Did this work out for you? Did you pass the check?

18 months ago

Did this work out for you? Did you get the job?

18 months ago

Did this work out for you? Did you pass the check?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.