Bank of the West Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Bank of the West?

What do you like best about working at Bank of the West? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Ex-Employee in Whittier, California

81 months ago

BOTW doesn't pay well at all! The people that work the hardest get paid the least whereas the people that talk a lot or call in all the time have nice paychecks! I only know this because they bragged about it! BOTW is only good for feeding you! Half the people that work there are extremely overweight due to the potlucks, cafeteria and comfort. If you are seeking no money but great food and laughs this bank is definitely for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ex-BSA employee in Sunnyvale, California

80 months ago

I totally agree with Ex-Employee. I worked in the Walnut Creek office for the BSA group as an investigator. The changes in the internal departments really ticked me off and how people that don’t know anything about BSA/AML were given the departments and pretty much ran them into the ground. All original investigators that started the BSA department left in a 1 year span due to idiots given promotion with no merit (good old boys/girls) basis. I left the bank after 8 years of working for them due to lousy pay increases that would not even cover inflation (I cost me to work due to my drive). The excuse they had for not giving decent raises were “they choose were to live and work”. that is what made me find a new job for a better bank in BSA/AML that actually gives better benefits, annual bonuses (don’t have to be VP or higher), and stock options. If you ever consider taking this BSA job, think first if you like to work for a boss that always has a question to your question (due to lack of knowledge of BSA/AML issues) and leave the office even more confused then when you came in. Best advice is stay away from BOW unless you want to get some quick experience and get out with no decent pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

andy in Los Angeles, California

45 months ago

hi,

I read your comments about Bank of the West. I actually have an interview with them next week for the BSA/AML Analyst Investigator position. Do you know how much Bank of the west pays? I was making $53k at my previous job and I want to know whether they are able to match that. I dont know too much about the Bank, but i dont want to move to Northern Cal if I'm just going to quit after 1 year. The manager at the Walnut Creek is Marcelo i forgot his last name, any ideas???

Thank you for your time.

Andy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.