How to get a job at Bank of the West.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do you work at Bank of the West? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

savina luna in Fresno, California

84 months ago

i would love to work for a bank. well any business for that matter, but for some reason banks really interest me. I have been trying to find a job for about a month and i'm on that stress level because i would really like to find a good job. I am the type of person that gets along well with others, i am always at work on time, i love to dress in business attire like a business type woman, there is just so much to me if i would just get that chance and wondeful opportunity i know i would do great and wonderful things.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Aimee Stern in Greeley, Colorado

77 months ago

I have been interested in helping people with financial needs for a while. Helping people and getting the job done is what I do and I am always looking for more out of what I do and what customers want out of their needs. I am interested in a bussiness oppertunity that would provide working a valuble resource not just for me but for others as well.
I have been a customer with Wells Fargo for about ten years and started struggling with my finances after college. I went through many people and learned of many loopholes to figure out what I could do with my banking needs and I hope I can help others too.
Aimee Stern

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Heather84 in Colorado

74 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Bank of the West? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

The best advice I can give, being a new recruit to Bank of the West (6 months next week) that good customer service skills are KEY. Also, having a great attitude is important. I know for a fact from listening to management conference calls that they are looking not so much for experience (this is my first job with a bank) but for GREAT ATTITUDE and TRUE DESIRE to pursue banking as a career.

Banking is hard at all levels and all areas. Be prepared to have a million and one things thrown at you from the get go, and you'll learn infinitely more than that every single day. There's tons to know and have a firm hold on to protect the customer, the bank, and of course, yourself.

Be prepared to smile, learn a lot and be a great asset to the bank.

Start at their website (there's an employment link at the top, that's how I got my job) and good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

ANGIETHOMAS in Hayward, California

54 months ago

Hello

I appreciate your wise comments and your honesty, "GREAT ATTITUDE and TRUE DESIRE to pursue a banking as a career, Being prepared to have a million and one things thrown at you, and you'll learn infinitely more than that every in a single day. There's tons to know and have a firm hold on to protect the customer, the bank, and of course, yourself. Be prepared to smile, learn a lot and be a great asset to the bank

I believe I have all these unique skills you have listed hopefully on Tuesday 23rd of Feb. I pass my interview. I worked for Providian financial/WaMu for 15 years in backoffice and would like to continue working for a successful bank. I know banking can be hard work in these hard times.

Over banks have not been doing very well but its what I know well. Can you tell how Best of the West is doint?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.