What's the company culture at Bank of the West?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Bank of the West?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Bank of the West?

Reply - Report abuse

Ex-BSA employee in Sunnyvale, California

83 months ago

I totally agree with Ex-Employee. I worked in the Walnut Creek office for the BSA group as an investigator. The changes in the internal departments really ticked me off and how people that don’t know anything about BSA/AML were given the departments and pretty much ran them into the ground. All original investigators that started the BSA department left in a 1 year span due to idiots given promotion with no merit (good old boys/girls) basis. I left the bank after 8 years of working for them due to lousy pay increases that would not even cover inflation (I cost me to work due to my drive). The excuse they had for not giving decent raises were “they choose were to live and work”. that is what made me find a new job for a better bank in BSA/AML that actually gives better benefits, annual bonuses (don’t have to be VP or higher), and stock options. If you ever consider taking this BSA job, think first if you like to work for a boss that always has a question to your question (due to lack of knowledge of BSA/AML issues) and leave the office even more confused then when you came in. Best advice is stay away from BOW unless you want to get some quick experience and get out with no decent pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Rockford in Rockford, Michigan

70 months ago

Has anyone been certified in anti-money laundering (CAMS)?
I'm in the program right now and planning to take the test this month. Looking to network with others in the field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BradP in Littleton, Colorado

64 months ago

Ex-BSA employee in Sunnyvale, California said: I totally agree with Ex-Employee. I worked in the Walnut Creek office for the BSA group as an investigator. The changes in the internal departments really ticked me off and how people that don’t know anything about BSA/AML were given the departments and pretty much ran them into the ground. All original investigators that started the BSA department left in a 1 year span due to idiots given promotion with no merit (good old boys/girls) basis. I left the bank after 8 years of working for them due to lousy pay increases that would not even cover inflation (I cost me to work due to my drive). The excuse they had for not giving decent raises were “they choose were to live and workâ€�. that is what made me find a new job for a better bank in BSA/AML that actually gives better benefits, annual bonuses (don’t have to be VP or higher), and stock options. If you ever consider taking this BSA job, think first if you like to work for a boss that always has a question to your question (due to lack of knowledge of BSA/AML issues) and leave the office even more confused then when you came in. Best advice is stay away from BOW unless you want to get some quick experience and get out with no decent pay.

I am currently applying for the Investigations Manager position, advertised in Thorton CO. However Im not sure why its located in Colorado when the Corporate office is in San Francisco.
Tell me more about your investigations experience with BOW

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.