Banner Health News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Banner Health stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Joshua Zibelman in Phoenix, Arizona

89 months ago

With twenty-one facilities in seven states, there are all kinds of health care options at Banner Health, from the bustling urban medical center to the friendly small-town hospital. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health has both the stability that comes with success, and the values you'll be proud to represent.

Banner is opening a new facility in Gilbert, Arizona this year and has major expansion projects across the system.

North Colorado Medical Center recently received Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credential Center(r). Only 250 facilites in the United States have received the designation including Banner Good Samaritan in Phoenix, Arizona.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Roberto Humberto in Scottsdale, Arizona

81 months ago

Working for Banner is terrible! I've never been so disgusted with an employer in all my life. No opportunities for advancement or development. They'll say they have tuition reimbursement - so what. No time off work to do it. No support. No encouragement. You might as well be on your own. Working at Banner is the same as going to a deserted island and putting your career on hold forever! Ditching your medical career altogether and working at Starbucks would be better!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

icthruu in Phoenix, Arizona

79 months ago

Banner Health is one of the best healthcare companies in the United States. I have travelled extensively throughout the USA as a Medical Imaging Technologist and I "slammed on the brakes" after several weeks working for Banner. They were interested in me after reviewing my performance and assisted me in my relocation.

I have never been happier. We have top-of-the-line instrumentation, annual salary review, conference reimbursement (certainly a privilege, not usually rewarded with other large healthcare companies). The annual bonus is another a reward from corporate.

All in all, one would be hard pressed to find an employer so interested in the staff well-being.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

exbanneremployee in Surprise, Arizona

71 months ago

Banner is awful to work for...they absolutely have only one model and discourage innovation and creativity. Anyone that has an idea is never given credit instead it is passed to managment engineers who immediately own it. No one should work for them..it is bad.I am glad I got out and know half of the staff where I worked feels the same way. Poor Sunhealth employees who are going to have to endure this

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Memphis, Tennessee

66 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Banner Health stack up against the competition?

Regarding staffing and positions posted on this site...........Why is it that indeed.com will post a position at Banner, then it will link to Banner's website, and then you find there is no such position available?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mountain lover in Mesa, Arizona

61 months ago

AGREE - I recently left Banner Baywood and they are not supportive with further education, they might agree to pay (even that is less now that they changed thier policy) but they make you sign an agreement to stay for 3 years, there are some managers that just dont care if thier staff are happy or not, they think there are enough people out there that they can just rehire, well that makes for high turnover and people who just dont work hard, cardinal rule, try to make staff happy and they in turn will make you look good and you will have better satisfaction scores! dont go there! they are lowest paid for a reason and its gotten SO MUCH WORSE! Mercy gilbert is good as well as scottsdale healthcare

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mountain lover in Mesa, Arizona

61 months ago

icthruu in Phoenix, Arizona said: Banner Health is one of the best healthcare companies in the United States. I have travelled extensively throughout the USA as a Medical Imaging Technologist and I "slammed on the brakes" after several weeks working for Banner. They were interested in me after reviewing my performance and assisted me in my relocation.

I have never been happier. We have top-of-the-line instrumentation, annual salary review, conference reimbursement (certainly a privilege, not usually rewarded with other large healthcare companies). The annual bonus is another a reward from corporate.

All in all, one would be hard pressed to find an employer so interested in the staff well-being.

not anymore, since the economy changed, they could careless about hard to fill jobs - notice the changes??? they demand more and more and give less and less

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

unbarnnered in Chandler in Phoenix, Arizona

25 months ago

mountain lover in Mesa, Arizona said: not anymore, since the economy changed, they could careless about hard to fill jobs - notice the changes??? they demand more and more and give less and less

Yes, they don't care. Not like a professional job at all. They turn staff over on purpose to keep wages down. Lots of preferential treatment of well-connected employees. What a zoo.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.