BARNES & NOBLE BOOKSELLERS Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at BARNES & NOBLE BOOKSELLERS?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

copperhead in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina

84 months ago

make sure you have read. Good to great questions will be asked. READ THE BOOK. Don't dress like a slob

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (51) Reply - Report abuse

hermie in Portland, Oregon

76 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at BARNES & NOBLE BOOKSELLERS?

I had an interview today, very casual. A manager sat me down in the cafe area and asked me the following:
1.Give me an example of a good customer experience you've had
2.How have you dealt with unhappy/irate customers to make the situation turn around.
3.What did you like about your last job?
4.What is your relevant experience?
The rest of the time she babbled about how all employees need to be crosstrained in the cafe/music/childrens/misc. sections- and you need to get a special food handlers card to work in the cafe. She didn't ask me about books or authors or music or anything. The interview took about 20 minutes. Make sure you have questions for the person interviewing you. She told me they start people there P/T 20 hrs a week only, don't know if that's true for all B&N's

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (95) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Camivette in Costa Mesa, California

59 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at BARNES & NOBLE BOOKSELLERS?

Most of the questions will be related to previous customer service experiences and adjustment to change. Try to be as specific as possible when describing experiences with customers and be as flexible as possible when asked about where and when you are willig to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Newbie in San Bernardino, California

9 months ago

hermie in Portland, Oregon said: I had an interview today, very casual. A manager sat me down in the cafe area and asked me the following:
1.Give me an example of a good customer experience you've had
2.How have you dealt with unhappy/irate customers to make the situation turn around.
3.What did you like about your last job?
4.What is your relevant experience?
The rest of the time she babbled about how all employees need to be crosstrained in the cafe/music/childrens/misc. sections- and you need to get a special food handlers card to work in the cafe. She didn't ask me about books or authors or music or anything. The interview took about 20 minutes. Make sure you have questions for the person interviewing you. She told me they start people there P/T 20 hrs a week only, don't know if that's true for all B&N's

What if this is my first job? How do I answer the experience questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.