Barneys New York Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Barneys New York?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

everett rubio in Napa, California

54 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Barneys New York?

Any advice on striking the right note?

okay so if i can remember my interview.
im 17 they only hired 18+ but they didnt know i was 17 until the second interview (my interview went really good and i got the job.) they really had to think about it because they didnt have a good experience with past teenagers working there. but they though i was terrific and wanted to give me a shot.

one thing they look for is confidence, energetic, and always looking for something to do! you must be into fashion. also also also!! go to barneys website and read a bit! that's how i scored big time!! i really impressed them when i told them i loved what i read on the site and i believe i would make a perfect candidate for the position. and they really were blown that i took the time to read the history of the store and the lil 411 on what barneys is known for. by reading the site it really shows that you are interested in the job and take it seriously and for my age i thought that was a great thing to do because teens usually don't seem to care they just want a job plain simple...

firm hand shake! they will ask you about scenarios like "what would you do if you were helping a customer and someone else needed your assistance. " and stuff like that. having a past job that delt with being a sales associate and working in a high stress environment will be a definite plus.
thats all i can think of.
best of luck!!!! you can do it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.