How to get a job at BASF.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do you work at BASF? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

William Wolske in Wyandotte, Michigan

87 months ago

What is expected for a interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

OrangeCrescendo in Austin, Texas

41 months ago

I see you are interviewing at Wyandotte. When I interviewed there I talked to 8 people for 30 minutes each for 3.5 hours. If for a lab tech position expect to be grilled. You will be asked anything and everything on your resume. You will be asked technical questions. They will probe your chemistry knowledge very thoroughly. At some point I'm sure one person will ask you about your grades, what chemistry classes you liked the most, and the classes you disliked the most. Some of the interviewers may not even ask you questions and just drone on and on about the position and the company.
You will be asked by HR to answer behavioral/situation questions that are pointless. You will feel exhausted, humiliated, and ready for it to be over with. You might even be asked by some of the interviews to present information on a white board, balance chemical equations, draw and explain lab apparatus. Its really hard to say without knowing what position you are interviewing for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Toni in Peekskill, New York

39 months ago

ORangeCrescendo, thanks for your response. Im going in next week for one as a formulation chemist..many people have stated that some people are asked to do "presentations"..what exactly do they mean by that? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mikeashby317@gmail.com in Loganville, Georgia

9 months ago

I have 14 plus years in the mining industry in maintenance, 20 plus total. I moved to Jeffersonville GA to be near my family. BASF appears to be an outstanding place to work, I am interested in finding out how to get on with the company. I have multiple working skills which include electrical, welding, carpentry, welding poly pipe, running heavy equipment such as earth excavators, dozers, frontend loaders, rubber tire backhoes, mobile cranes and forklifts. How do I go about applying and are there positions open with BASF for a person with my skills?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.