How to get a job at Baxter.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (23)

Host

Do you work at Baxter? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

DC in DC in Washington, District of Columbia

87 months ago

Good luck getting in. I got an e-mail from a [Name removed} from the "Talent Acquisition Team". After two weeks of answering via e-mail all the questions that [he] had, I get an e-mail saying that the vacancy annoucement was recinded. Two weeks later I was surfing a job site and saw the position open again. I contacted [him] to ask about the position and the response was that a "senior colleague" would be in touch with me. That was a month ago! I am so fustrated with impotent, no authority, non-decision making employees wasting my time while passing the buck to managers that post positions that they have no intention of filling. A just a heads up to all the companies posting jobs....MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RESOURCES TO FOLLOW THROUGH WITH POSITIONS BEFORE YOU POST THEM AND STOP WASTING PEOPLES TIME WITH STUPID E-MAILs AND BOGUS INTERVIEWS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mark - Chicago, IL

87 months ago

DC in DC in Washington, District of Columbia said: Good luck getting in. I got an e-mail from a [Name removed} from the "Talent Acquisition Team". After two weeks of answering via e-mail all the questions that [he] had, I get an e-mail saying that the vacancy annoucement was recinded. Two weeks later I was surfing a job site and saw the position open again. I contacted [him] to ask about the position and the response was that a "senior colleague" would be in touch with me. That was a month ago! I am so fustrated with impotent, no authority, non-decision making employees wasting my time while passing the buck to managers that post positions that they have no intention of filling. A just a heads up to all the companies posting jobs....MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RESOURCES TO FOLLOW THROUGH WITH POSITIONS BEFORE YOU POST THEM AND STOP WASTING PEOPLES TIME WITH STUPID E-MAILs AND BOGUS INTERVIEWS.

Hey DC, I can understand your frustration. I’ve been a part of the job search circuit for a few month’s now. Dinged in the same way. Some outfits such as the one you wrote about seem to be “trolling” for personnel.
Consider this: your encounter may be a blessing in disguise. A company that doesn’t show courtesy before they hire you may be even worse when you go work for them.
Not to worry, there are plenty of good companies out there. Keep looking and your sure to find them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

sarah in Ames, Iowa

87 months ago

yeah i hae applied repeatedly for jobs with baxter, but each time all they do is send me an email saying either that they got my application and resume and would be in touch soon, or a different one saying that i already had an application on file for that job and therefore could not apply for it again. no one ever contacted me about the jobs, but the position is constantly up as unfilled!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

A in Voorhees, New Jersey

87 months ago

My mom works there, and the whole company just did a ****load of layoffs
STAY AWAY!
They're laying her off at the end of the year too

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stacy, Mississippi in Silver Creek, Mississippi

86 months ago

I've applied twice for the same job and still have not heard from this company! This go to prove how some companies treat you as numbers. All you comments were helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

John Smith in Kansas City, Missouri

85 months ago

I just got hired for baxter very interested in hearing from anyone that is currently working for them or has perviously . Please let me know , I am lookin at making a change and would love to here new inside information when it comes to this company.

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Unknown in Longview, Texas

85 months ago

Same experience. As stated in one of the feedbacks, some times a bad experience is rather a good one. Such behavior is just a sign of a not friendly working environment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Betty in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

85 months ago

Worked there for 2 months. The manager and staff were absolutely toxic. At the end of 2 months they did a mass firing of 34 employees. "Layoffs"

I know for an ABSOLUTE fact that they post jobs they have NO intention of filing. Sad, many yrs ago Baxter was a respectable company. It was the worst place I've ever worked.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Unknown in Chicago, Illinois

84 months ago

I had been with Baxter and sad to say that it has a bad environment when it comes to work standards because of too much politics at the expense of the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Searching in Findlay, Ohio

84 months ago

I had a completely different experience than the rest of you. After submitting my resume I was contacted by their recruiter, was asked to fill out a questionaire of 10 marketing questions, and then was contacted a week later by the recruiter who atleast was nice enough to tell me the position had been filled internally.

So it sounds to me like they posted the job out of necessity as do most companies. Companies have to post a job even if they have a probable plan to hire from within. I thought it was nice of the recruiter to send me a response atleast. That doesn't happen too often.

Good luck ya'll in your job searches!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

No name in Winter Haven, Florida

83 months ago

Unknown in Chicago, Illinois said: I had been with Baxter and sad to say that it has a bad environment when it comes to work standards because of too much politics at the expense of the company.

Welcome to the real world

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Helena in Bridgewater, New Jersey

83 months ago

My experience of contacting and be interviewed by baxter was total disappointment. To make to short long story short, I was finally told that i am not a particularly good fit to their succession plan ( which was a clear age discrimination point!) O my God! I have never heard that HR people are so unprofessional!

Also, the interview process was quite disorderly and I waited every next interviewer for quite a long time. Anyway, it was a repief when it was over. Should I get the offer, I would reject. Too much red flags at the very entrance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

kls in Lakeland, Florida

82 months ago

Helena in Bridgewater, New Jersey said: My experience of contacting and be interviewed by baxter was total disappointment. To make to short long story short, I was finally told that i am not a particularly good fit to their succession plan ( which was a clear age discrimination point!) O my God! I have never heard that HR people are so unprofessional!

Also, the interview process was quite disorderly and I waited every next interviewer for quite a long time. Anyway, it was a repief when it was over. Should I get the offer, I would reject. Too much red flags at the very entrance.

Can you tell me how long you had to wait for the next interview? I interviewed 1 1/2 weeks ago (1st interview) was told I would get a 2nd interview either, next week or the following week, well the second week is almost up and I still haven't heard anything. I have followed up confirmed that I will indeed have a second interview, however, no date yet. I blew off another interview with another company (no big interest anyway) However, I have sort of put my job search on pause to hold out on the outcome of this... any advise... really long process? Many more interviews to come...
Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Helena in Bridgewater, New Jersey

82 months ago

kls in Lakeland, Florida said: Can you tell me how long you had to wait for the next interview? I interviewed 1 1/2 weeks ago (1st interview) was told I would get a 2nd interview either, next week or the following week, well the second week is almost up and I still haven't heard anything. I have followed up confirmed that I will indeed have a second interview, however, no date yet. I blew off another interview with another company (no big interest anyway) However, I have sort of put my job search on pause to hold out on the outcome of this... any advise... really long process? Many more interviews to come...
Thanks.

Too many red flags.... why are you going there? Are you sure you are on tight track after hearing all of the above?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

kls in Lakeland, Florida

82 months ago

Actually, I applied before reading all of this. I had a search set up and they called me a week after I submitted my resume, requesting me to come in the very next morning. I have done some research since. I really enjoy helping people. I am in a dead end job with no opportunity for advancement. (I have advanced to my limits) Honestly, I have heard good as well... I just don't know if what I was told in my interview was sincere because I haven't gotten any follow through on their part, goes both ways... I appreciate you getting back to me. I want to help "people". They do have a purpose, this is my interest. I love all people, maybe one day I will able to be a part of something that actually "means" something. If this doesn't work, I will look other ways... just wanted to know how long... Again, I sincerely Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kls in Lakeland, Florida

82 months ago

Helena in Bridgewater, New Jersey said: Too many red flags.... why are you going there? Are you sure you are on tight track after hearing all of the above?

See above

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Helena Baby in Washington, District of Columbia

82 months ago

Anything positive about this company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

XX learn qucklyXX in Lombard, Illinois

82 months ago

It's a nightmare gettingin. Nobody cares about anyone.
Anyone in the Chicago Area might want to try a company that helped me and a few of my co-workers get great jobs!!! They treated us very well. Most agencies treat you like a number because they have quotas and the all mighty dollar is what they look for. It's horrible when you are not treated right.
Try Strategic Talent in the Chicago area. They were very nice to me and treated me excellent.
This is the email of the recruiter that we all used.She was great to work with.
hr.strategictalent@yahoo.com Her name is Jeanna.
Send your resume and what kind of job you want.
Good Luck!”

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MLG Sims in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

81 months ago

Have to agree with Betty. I worked for Biolife plasma in Hattiesburg MS over a year ago. THE WORST MANAGEMENT I'VE EVER SEEN.

There is constant turnover at that center.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

seeking help in Chicago, Illinois

75 months ago

I interviewed with Baxter a few months back for Reg Affairs Associate position. The people were really nice and friendly. My interview was over two days, I met with 4 ppl the first day at the Deerfield office and with two others the following day at the McGaw Park office. I was exhausted by the time I got to my last interviewer..(it was my first team interview) I didn't get the job and was told via email by HR department. No feedback was provided which stinks when you are a college grad and have no interviewing experience. Everyone I talked to seemed to love their job and the people they were working with, I was really hoping to land the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Scottdale, Georgia

10 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Baxter? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

First step is their careers website

jobs.baxter.com/

lissa in Greensboro, North Carolina

6 months ago

John Smith in Kansas City, Missouri said: I just got hired for baxter very interested in hearing from anyone that is currently working for them or has perviously . Please let me know , I am lookin at making a change and would love to here new inside information when it comes to this company.

Thank you

I have sone 2 interviews and haven't heard anything. How long was it before you were offered the job?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.