What's the company culture at Belfort Furniture?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Belfort Furniture?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Belfort Furniture?

Reply - Report abuse

Marc in Sterling, Virginia

22 months ago

I feel very comfortable working here because there's a good balance of professionalism and friendship among co-workers. Belfort trains it's employees consistently, so that our customers receive the best information to help them find what they are looking for and at the same time, we work together as a team in a fun, relaxed atmosphere.

The best thing about my job is having all the tools necessary to give my customers the best possible service. I also enjoy being with a great group of co-workers who all get along very well together and work as a team.

As a new hire in sales, whether you have prior experience or not, there are 3 weeks of training before you help your first customer. That's a big help in having the knowledge and confidence to be a great salesperson. Training never stops at Belfort. We train consistently on every aspect of what makes Belfort work as a great company. Everything from product knowledge to the proper way to answer the telephone to how things are run in the warehouse. In addition, the lines of communication are always open between the managers, President and CEO of the company.

Belfort gives back the local community in lots of ways. By planting a tree for every delivery we make., raising money for the City of Hope, and donating to several other local charities.

To be successful at Belfort, you first need to love what you do. Have the passion to be the best you can be, because being passionate about what we do, is what makes Belfort a very successful company. Be open to change and constantly learn everything you can. When you have a family owned company who is growing, has thousands of very satisfied customers, is consistently training and provides a very comfortable, enjoyable, place to work, you will do ve

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Javier in Sterling, Virginia

22 months ago

When I started at Belfort, I did go through an intensive 3 weeks training in the basic products, processes, systems, software, terms and conditions etc. but I call it a "Growing Child", why? because it is constant training and support that we need, every week there is something new to learn, products, Vendors, Promotions, processes, etc.

Belfort has been helping the community and environment in to many different ways thought the years of servicing Northern Virginia, For every Delivery we plant a tree, supports scholarships for local schools, has been supporting different organizations in the community, and enhances the life's of people who do business with us.

When you will come to work for Belfort, you will become part of the Belfort Family, be open minded to learn, develop and be successful in our market place, with this company every good thing is possible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.