Best Buy Sales Associate or Sales Associate

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Alejandro Pina in Cary, North Carolina

35 months ago

Hello I'm 15 years old, but I'm turning 16 in a month and a half. I'm looking forward to getting a job at Best Buy when I turn 16. The only problem is, under requirements, it says I need '6 months of retail sales or customer service experience'. I've never worked any retail sales or customer service job. I'm not exactly sure what that means either. Does it mean like Cashier at McDonald or something else? I am some what bilingual, I can speak very simple Spanish. Yo quiero un videojuego y un televicion Cuanto todos? vienteuno y ochenta y uno de cien. Not sure if that's all correct but I'm sure I can interpret what they say. Anyone have any ideas where I can work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Taylor in Buffalo, New York

34 months ago

Alejandro,

That's great that you want a job with Best Buy! As a current employee, our team is always happy to accept someone 'new' to the workforce.
You took the first step, and that's checking out what Indeed has to offer.

However, when it comes to BBY, you cannot work a sales position until you are 18. It's our policy. WHAT you CAN do is what is be a cashier, or "Rep. 1".
If you apply to Best Buy, become a cashier and work hard until you are 18, you can then apply for a sales position.

Best wishes,
Taylor

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.