Best buy criminal background question

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Mister c in Dayton, Ohio

22 months ago

Does best buy just Check for felonies or misdemeanors? I am sure the app said only felonies but I can't remember. I was recently hired and passed the drug test. I am waiting on my background check which contains a DISMISSED felony. I ran a check on myself and the charge was dismissed 6 years ago. It was a marijuana offense. I was told employers are supposed to ignore dismissed charges.. I do have a few misdemeanors however but if the app only said felonies that should be all they look at right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

mofo in Monterey Park, California

22 months ago

your lucky I applied for best buys I didn't get hired and my records are absolutely clean.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mister c in Dayton, Ohio

22 months ago

mofo in Monterey Park, California said: your lucky I applied for best buys I didn't get hired and my records are absolutely clean.

I have an extensive background in computers and a degree and certificates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brandon Holman in Greeley, Colorado

20 months ago

They check for Felonies including misdemeanors and just felonies/misdemeanors. They check in state and federal courts, and county courts. They also check the National Sex Offender registry and for retail theft.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mister C in Englewood, Ohio

20 months ago

I have been working there since June 22d. They hired me and overlooked my past charges

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brandon Holman in Greeley, Colorado

20 months ago

I am a new-hire to bestbuy, supposed to start my job July 28, 2013 in Computers and Tablets as a sales associate. I did the drug test and passed it (of course). And I submited to the background check the day after my 3rd interview which went amazing. However it is now August 13, 2013 and I have yet to begin this amazing job because the store has not received my background check. I have received my paper copy that I request a little more than a week ago now. And the only thing that shows up is a Misdemeanor for petty theft.. The record was from almost a year ago and the GM of the store said that it won't be a problem because my job. I call every-other day to check on the status of the check and give them all weekend with no calls

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mister c in Englewood, Ohio

20 months ago

Took them about three weeks to clear my background for work. But all I had was misdemeanor weed possession. Theft is a serious problem when applying for retail positions. You might not get the job.. I work in computers and tablets as well.. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nick in Lake Elsinore, California

20 months ago

I was hired last Friday and they called me on thursday about orientation. I have a clean record so maybe that's why it was so fast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

timcanales in Fontana, California

19 months ago

I have a third interview next week, and i dont know how to disclose on a misdameanor for public intoxication or if i should.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

Brandon Holman in Greeley, Colorado said: I am a new-hire to bestbuy, supposed to start my job July 28, 2013 in Computers and Tablets as a sales associate . I did the drug test and passed it (of course). And I submited to the background check the day after my 3rd interview which went amazing. However it is now August 13, 2013 and I have yet to begin this amazing job because the store has not received my background check. I have received my paper copy that I request a little more than a week ago now. And the only thing that shows up is a Misdemeanor for petty theft.. The record was from almost a year ago and the GM of the store said that it won't be a problem because my job. I call every-other day to check on the status of the check and give them all weekend with no calls

did you ever get the job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

Mister c said: Lol they won't care about a misdemeanor that isn't theft related

thank for the response. Do you think i should still disclose on it at my third interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

pnoplayer in Rochester, New York

18 months ago

You have to quite a moron to think a multi-Billion dollar global conglomerate Like Best Buy cares at all about its employees.The "big Boys" only care about equity, depreciation,assets and if their Biz jet will be on time to take them to St. barths this x-mas.Wake up and smell the stench of these greedy pigs who pay staff nothing,its just another corporate scam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.