Confused about some things...I'm in training at Best Buy?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Confused in Kalamazoo, Michigan

45 months ago

Today I start my training with a leader or trainer in my department. I am soooo confused, I wasnt told really what to do when I come in.

We don't have our blue shirts yet, a group of us were hired as seasonal, and its just me and another girl being trained together. So we're suppose to wear white shirts and the rest of the standard uniform. We dont have name tags... and dont know many other people there yet... so what do we do... walk in... let the guy in the yellow shirt up front know we're there for the guy thats training us or what? Do we clock in... and put our stuff in back...? I'm just generally lost. We also haven't done our tax papers yet with much we claim on each check... I read you can do it online but none of its been explained and I've gone through orientation and trust training already. Same with direct deposit, none of thats been explained either. I asked yesterday and no one really had an answer.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jadzia in Chicago, Illinois

45 months ago

Hi,
I have a question on your experience while being hired.
My brother also applied for a seasonal job and they called him the next day for an interview. Then they said that he might be called for a second interview in a day or two or a week.
He has not heard back yet and tomorrow will be one week. Was this your experience? My brother has been applying to many places for the holiday jobs and he has not heard back and is getting discouraged.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kyle in Newark, Delaware

45 months ago

Jadzia in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi,
I have a question on your experience while being hired.
My brother also applied for a seasonal job and they called him the next day for an interview. Then they said that he might be called for a second interview in a day or two or a week.
He has not heard back yet and tomorrow will be one week. Was this your experience? My brother has been applying to many places for the holiday jobs and he has not heard back and is getting discouraged.

I didn't hear back for about two and a half weeks, but I hear that if you get the second interview you're in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jadzia in Chicago, Illinois

45 months ago

Oh then there is still hope. My brother has been applying to many places for seasonal jobs, so I hope he gets one.
Thank You and hope everything is going well for you :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pavnit in Hamilton, Ontario

8 months ago

When you go in for the third interview, the manager decides whether or not you're hired. Some people get hired right on the spot, some have to wait for a call. I got hired on the spot, so they should have given you the tax papers right then and there. As for your payroll, you were suppose to take a void cheque or deposit paper along with your sin card with you when you had the interview with the manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.