How to get a job at Best Buy.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 1700)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Rudy Olivo in Crazy, North Carolina

76 months ago

shawn mccrae in fayetteville, North Carolina said: yea how do i get a job there at best buy

apply online at bestbuy.com look at the bottom for a careers link

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Rudy Olivo in Crazy, North Carolina

76 months ago

KidVicious6661 in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: I applied for Best Buy, a few months ago? I got a call yesterday regarding an interview I will be having tomorrow. Hopefully I'll give you all some good input.

OK what do is first of all practice what you are going to say.they are going to ask some questions like what are your strengths and weakness? Dont Stutter or say UMMMMM.Be well informed about the company you are applying for?At the end he will ask You If you have any questions for him COme up with some important questions like maybe are their giong to be any training oppurtunies. show them you have interest in them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

BigChiefRunAmuck in Atlanta, Georgia

76 months ago

I was around when Jesus died, Held A generals Rank etc...
I have been around computers for a while now! I used a PET, apple II, Trash 80 (I and II)
, as a computer lab assistant. I watched the IBM PC come and go. Taken IBM assembler language and advanced assembler in college (IBM 4341 Group 12 Running VM 370 and Os JCL).
I have written Programs in Burroughs Advanced ALGOL at junior college (Burroughs 6700 and A9), before the mating and bas*ard child UNISYS! I have seen Windows Running under DOS, then running away from DOS, all the while, Expanding to fill all available memory that
was put before it! My current system runs Windows XP SP2, which I have programed simple games using .net 3.5 managed C++ code! (a lot easer than IBM assembler!).
I am, in fact a very old geek! For all you Burroughs people out there I ask?, Is The Big "B" there! Can it be Possible That I can get a GEEK SQUAD job!! I have run "amuck"
through many different Languages Lisp, Cobol, Z80 assembler, and snowball, to name a
few, using oh so many operating systems! I no longer cower and fear at the thought
of dropping my towering stack of unnumbered punch cards before reaching the card reader
hopper! I have been through all these trials and more! Do they value wisdom or youth?
Should I be swept into the bit bucket of computer history or given a greeter
job at Walmart!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Ctoph in Winnipeg, Manitoba

76 months ago

Just got hired onto the geek squad about 30 minutes ago... Im pumped.

First interview for me was on the phone, they asked general questions about my old job, why I want to work at best buy, etc. Schedueled a second interview on the same phone call.

Second interview: Somewhat tough. They asked awkward questions such as:
Describe a time when you made someone feel more comfortable?
Describe a time when you had a conflict with another coworker or manager?
Describe a time when you needed to learn something new at a job?
Say I'm a customer in your area, how would you greet me?

Don't expect these same questions, I had an interview just over a year ago and they were different.

After a few questions about computers, The manager brought in the Senior at the geek squad for that store, he asked me a couple questions:

Do you know the difference between hardware and software?(Seriously, lol)
Say someone brought in a computer and they had a problem with internet explorer being slow. we did a diagnostic and it turns out to be a software problem which isn't covered under our warranty.. How would you explain this to them?
Say someone brought in a harddrive and it was dead. How would you explain this to them? What if they were frustrated because they just bought the computer 2 years ago and they said its "like new".

I answered the last question by comparing it to a car part, they eventually just die. I based most of my answers about dealing with uninformed customers by saying that I would try to explain the problem in general terms so that they could understand.

I was schedualed for a third interview for 2 days later.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

TheLakeShow in Washington

76 months ago

There is Best Buy in Canada? I thought it was futureshop?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

mrunwise in Brooklyn, New York

76 months ago

i applied twice on their online site to bestbuy for sales or a geek squad position for the summer. I applied as a seasonal applicant. Haven't heard from bb since. (applied a week and a half ago) is it because i applied for a seasonal position? is it wise to apply for a normal part-time position and explain oin the iterview i can onl work for the summer? (goto college away from home)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

reapsltd666 in San Antonio, Texas

76 months ago

Hello.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

want to stock at best buy. 17. can i expect the position i apply for. otherwise not interested.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Tommigrl_7o2 in Ruston, Louisiana

76 months ago

I recently was hired at Best Buy in Monroe, Louisiana. Our store is getting ready to open Next Thursday June 19, 2008. After being hired I've read good reports and I've read bad reports about Best Buy including Geek Squad. As of right now I can say that maybe it just depends on the store that you work at. Part-time gets 31 hours and full-time is 40. You can work in other departments to get your hours. If you were hired for a department you can transfer to another department. The "SELL" that you see everyone talking about simply means selling their service 8% including GS. For the whole store including GS, thats just like you are going to Wendy's and they you order a regular combo and they ask if you would like to large size that for "whatever cents." Majority of our consist of young people. It seems as if you applied at our store, you were hired. And its totally a place where you can move up in positions. There are Head People within the store without college degrees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jaydee in dallas, Texas

76 months ago

Hi, I made it past the 3rd interview and had my drug test yesterday, I was wondering how long it would take after the drug test to find out about my orientation and when training starts or should I call them and ask? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

ok so, i want to work at BB, want to do stocking. not interested in anything else. no geek squad, no sales, just stocking. can i expect same/questions treatment in interviews, and can i expect the job position i apply for. otherwise i do not care. i am 17, male, and use to have 1 other job when i was 16.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

also what kinda hours/pay can i expect to get off the bat?

kmaddogg13 in Bellevue, Nebraska

76 months ago

I applied at best buy and got a call back after about 3 or 4 days. I had a brief interview over the phone, not to complicated. I cant imagine that I was a bust from the few questions they asked. The person i talked to said she was goin to review other applications and i would receive a call back. I dont know if she meant that i will def. get a call back regardless or just if I got another interview. Its been 3 days since the interview. Is that too long? I would imagine that i should get another interview. Anyone who was in same situation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sonya sunnil in Scarborough, Ontario

76 months ago

NO, ITS NOT TRUE HOW ONE GETS PAID ONLY 6.75 THERE because i have worked there for a year or so and my starting salary was 10$. So, whoever said that they got paid only 6.75$ at best buy, that is a lie because if you work in the sales department, for example like a computers salesperson, you get paid around 10$. However, if you work as a cashier or in customer service, you get around 9$. Even newly hired individuals in my department, DI got paid 10.50$. Best buy is a great place to work in, everyone there is so nice, not only in the store I worked at, but in other stores as well...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

boeing747 in Mount Laurel, New Jersey

76 months ago

hello every one, i'm a former best buy employee and worked at best buy for four years from 2004-2008, my starting pay was $9.00 in 2004 and when i left in 2008 i was making a whoping $9.83, this is after appying for a supervisor position a couple times and never getting the promotion, worked in all different departments, mobile, digital, computers and just where ever they needed me. then people would apply for the same postion and never worked at best buy and would become my supervisor make more money then me and tell we what to do after they where there for one day and i had three years at best buy. you gotta love it. the story doesnt stop there, i had to move from florida to new jersey and could not put in for a job transfer because no jobs at the store in NJ where avaiable when i moved, i had to leave the company, however now there have been about ten jobs that opened since i got here about a month ago applied on line twice, went to the store directly twice with my cover letter and resume and still nothing, no buddy gives a sh&t. is this what i get for four your of excellant service with best buy. one thing i do have is a wopping $50 in my checking account and rent is due shortly with no job. it hard to get a job, i guess i'll just wait and hope the phone will ring for a interview. do your self a favor for future referance, prior to working at bby i worked at United Airlines and lost my job after 9-11, but at united i had a great thing called a union contract, everything is in writing when you get paid how much of a raise, job transfers sinority, promotions, every thing, know thats what i'm talking about. i miss working and not making money (bby) but i really miss my union contract with united, guys have a great one and if looking for work i hope you get what you find, michael

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

luis carrasquillo in Fort Worth, Texas

75 months ago

yes like its been said when answering the personality questionaire u must answer strongly always agree or strongly disagree, never inbetween, this was told to me by somebody in a pretty high postition in another company, that answering inbetween just makes u look unsure about the answer, ur truly answering A)yes B)i dont know C)no so gl.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

i don't know if this helps but, costs of living in different areas can affect starting wages that are above the federal minimum wage (especially tipped/commission sales, which are below), so that's why it might be so different for so many people with wages and all. just depends where you live i guess.

ktlanter in sacramento, California

75 months ago

I have my first live interview tomorrow and am curious as to whether a cashier position's base pay is simply minimum wage or if all cahsiers within the BB corporation start at a specific pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jammers10 in California

75 months ago

So I applied for a job (online) at Best Buy a few days ago (3? 4? days ago) and I still haven't gotten a call back. The store I applied at isn't even open yet (they're still making the sidewalks), but I went over there and asked one of the construction workers and they told me that it would open within July.

So my question is.. am I not hired? Or should I keep waiting?
Thanks... Hope I get a reply!

ps. I applied for a retail position in music/movies/games

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Spence in Austin, Texas

74 months ago

I had a quick question and I was hoping someone could help me out. I just finished my second interview today with a Store Manager, and before I left he said that he had to talk with the "hiring staff" and that I'd probably get a call back sometime later in the afternoon (my interview was at 1:00). He also said, "I think you'd really fit in well here."

I didn't get a call this afternoon. Should I be worried? Is it a bad sign if you're not scheduled for a 3rd interview after the 2nd? Would he have mentioned calling me about a 3rd interview or even have brought it up if it wasn't going to happen? Thanks a bunch.

lilpete777 in Chicago, Illinois

74 months ago

Hey Spence,

I recently had my interview at best buy on thursday and basically the same thing happened. The guy said that they had to talk to the hiring staff and then they will set up a third interview. He didn't give me a specific time like in your case. So I'm guessing its not our turn to be the assertive ones and call them to see if maybe they gave the job to someone else.

Or we can wait a few more days, seeing as maybe they are still doing interviews, and then call them. I'll personally call on Monday and you should do the same.

Spence in Austin, Texas

74 months ago

Good advice. Glad to know I'm not the only one in this situation. I talked to a friend who used to work at Best Buy this morning, and he said that the store manager wouldn't have brought up the 3rd interview after the 2nd unless he actually intended to schedule it. He said there might be an outside chance that you won't get the callback, but that depends on how many people are being interviewed and what positions end up being open. In any case, stay patient and don't hesitate to call the person who interviewed you after several days if you haven't heard anything. Sometimes if they're having a difficult time figuring out who to hire, calling them back and showing that you're committed to getting the job can make the difference. So it sounds like you've got the exact right idea. Good luck, I hope it works out for you (well, both of us).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gerry Auger in Kennebunk, Maine

74 months ago

obviously you clearly didn't have the proper training! bait and switch is not what best buy is about, you were clearly working with an unethical group. I would never work on this type of team and I have more integrity than that. This kind of blanket assumption of all best buys and as an employee I resent it. We all have our own opinions!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

kinetik4166 in Lawndale, California

74 months ago

how long did it end up taking after the drug test? for best buy to call you back.?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

cute in Stamford, Connecticut said: I just had an interview yesterday with Best Buy for Media Sales. I went there and the manager was on time, I was 5 minutes early. He said it would be 15 minutes for the first interview. Now this was my first interview ever for a job, aside from college. I went in there, he asked me about the company and the way I would handle situations. It went on for like 15 minutes, I made him laugh and we had a conversation about hard times. He then told me I think I'll skip to the third interview & then hired me. I was like WHAT :O He then gave me more pay then I expected. I was like yay! I took my drug test today & have orientation on Sunday @ 8 am. How should I even dress for that? I don't have a uniform or anything. Oh well. Hope everything goes well. So happy I landed my first job and got good pay. I must've done something right =D

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR THEM 2 CALL U AFTER UR DRUG TEST FOR THE ORIENTATION?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Spence in Austin, Texas

74 months ago

I was hired last Monday and did my drug test the next afternoon, so it's been a week. I haven't been called back yet, either. My advice would be to stay patient - They're not going to forget about you. I was told it would take 3 days MINIMUM for them to get the test results back, and then they'd have to wait for all of the new hires results before they could schedule an orientation date. If it's been awhile and you're concerned, just call the store and ask to speak with the person who hired you. They'll probably just tell you a.) they haven't gotten the results back, or b.) they're working on scheduling a date for orientation and they'll let you know as soon as it's set.

The last time I was worried about them not calling me (see a few posts ago), they ended up calling me the next day. Anyways, hope that helps.

74 months ago

Yeah spence ur right . there was tons of other people getting hired
so it might take a while
i tried calling and i was on hold for a long ass time so i just hung up
grr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

broncos in outside chicago, Illinois

74 months ago

I had an interview at 10 am this morning. It was very hot out and I arrived 15 minutes early and they refused to let me in the door. So I walked back to my car and waited patiently until 10. Then I was supposed to meet with the Services Manager, b/c I want to work for GS, but instead I met with the Operations Manager.

I thought the interview went well, but he did not schedule the 3rd interview. I asked how I did afterwards and he said he had to talk to people and they had others to interview, (which was true b/c I saw the schedule of people being interviewed on the board) and that he would get back to me in a couple days. Today is Wed. he said Monday at the latest. So Im not really sure what my chances are. He did mention meeting with the GM once, but that was just because I was asking questions and he was explaiing the process. I would consider this my 2nd interview. I will post again if I get a call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Brian1220 in Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

broncos in outside chicago, Illinois said: I had an interview at 10 am this morning. It was very hot out and I arrived 15 minutes early and they refused to let me in the door. So I walked back to my car and waited patiently until 10. Then I was supposed to meet with the Services Manager, b/c I want to work for GS, but instead I met with the Operations Manager.

I thought the interview went well, but he did not schedule the 3rd interview. I asked how I did afterwards and he said he had to talk to people and they had others to interview, (which was true b/c I saw the schedule of people being interviewed on the board) and that he would get back to me in a couple days. Today is Wed. he said Monday at the latest. So Im not really sure what my chances are. He did mention meeting with the GM once, but that was just because I was asking questions and he was explaiing the process. I would consider this my 2nd interview. I will post again if I get a call.

Broncos,

Same thing for me. I had a interview on Monday with the Mobile Supervisor and I think it went pretty well. (this is my first job). After the interview he said that they will do the other interviews and will call me back Wednesday or Thursday. He did mention that the next interview will be with the GM. I don't know if that was good or bad. Let me know how its goes for you and I will let you know how it goes with me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

broncos in outside chicago, Illinois

74 months ago

Friday 12pm - still no call. We'll see what Monday brings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

i had my interview last thursday (july 31st) and i got the job
they said theyd call me bak after the drug test and still...no call.
ive been waiting for a week and one day
do any of you guys know when theyll cal??
or how long they might take?
their was alot of people getting hired

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Spence in Austin, Texas

74 months ago

Alright, there seem to be a lot of questions about the time frame for getting calls back after interviews or drug tests. So I'll go ahead and post my personal timeline from when I applied to my orientation date.

Applied: Monday, July 21.
Received call to come in to interview ("2nd interview"): Wednesday, July 23 (2 days after filling out online application).
2nd interview: Friday, July 25.
Call to come in for third interview: Sunday, July 27 (2 days after 2nd interview).
Third interview: Monday, July 28.
Drug test: Tuesday, July 29.
Call to come in for orientation: Friday, August 8 (10 days after drug test).
Orientation date: Sunday, August 10.

So there it is. If there were a lot of people being hired at the same time as you, chances are it'll take a little bit of time for them to get everything together. The point is be patient. If you're not taking drugs and haven't done anything that will show up on your background check, they WILL CALL YOU EVENTUALLY. I was anxious waiting to get my start date, too, but I finally got it. I can't promise that everyone will be on the same timeline that I was, but it'll probably be close.

A few other notes: The turnaround time for drug testing at LabCorp is usually 1-3 days for a negative result, and 2-5 days for a positive result. I found this info by doing a little bit of searching on Google. If you test positive, you should get a call from an MRO (Medical Review Officer) who will talk with you about why you could have possibly tested positive other than actually doing drugs. This is stated on the Best Buy drug test policy you should've received when you were hired. The background checks can take a little longer than this, depending on how many people were hired and how lazy (or not) the person responsible for getting the information is.

Hope this helps. Good luck to everyone. I'm really excited about starting and I'm sure those of you who get past everything will be, too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

okay cool.ill be patient.
what did they make you do at orientation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Vu Doan in Elk Grove, California

74 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Best Buy? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I want to have a job, right now, I love to work at best buy, because I have alot expriences in sales,

Vu Doan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

kevin92 in Lansdale, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

Ok. I applied at best buy in Pennsylvania around July 20. I got a call on August 14 and asked if i could come in for an interview on August 23 at 12:30pm. Then, I rescheduled the interview to August 21, which is the day they have their job fair. Is it a bad idea to have an interview on a job fair day? Do you think i should rescheduled for that reason? Do I need to make a resume for a sales/customer service position? I'm a little worried.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Steven890 in Staten Island, New York

73 months ago

Hey everyone,

I just had my second interview today, (I applied to the Music,Gaming and software dept). Asked very similar questions as those previously listed. The assistant manager said I did very well in the interview and should expect a call from the GM later that day to set up the third interview. I had the interview around 2 it is now 8, no call yet should I be worried at all? Should I call the store to see whats up?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jme282000 in FT lauderdale, Florida

73 months ago

I applied to BB about 2 weeks ago, and when i didn't get a call I finally decided to go into the store. Well i went in today to inquire on my application status, just as it was recommended by some of the employees currently working there.

Anyways, i waited and then the hiring manager finally saw me, she asked me for my name and then she told me that I showed up in the system, but that the application had been deleted.

She then proceeded to spit out information as to why this could have happened. She then mentioned that the test was timed and that i could have taken too long to take the test, and or that I wasn't being consistent. I was initially baffled by the response since i truly took the time to put references and my qualifications.

Cutting it short, she told me to wait a month to reapply. Well, this is my question? does this mean I failed the personality test ? And if, so if would this mean that I'm wasting my time if ACTUALLY decided to reapply?

On a side note, honestly i feel like a wasted my time and I'm actually really upset. I really only applied because a computer sales rep actually recommended that i slip a application online.

I put a great deal of thought and effort toward the application and not to mention I had an outstanding reputation and credentials at my last job.

So I just don't understand how a student pursuing a computer engineering degree is not even given a chance due to statistical discrimination.

And if it is the case that i did some how fail a personality test, however that's possible, why not have the slightest sort of respect or decency to actually tell you the truth?

Anyways if anybody as insight , Well I would love to know what I did wrong.

the mighty Bosphorus in Largo, Florida

73 months ago

Jme282000,

Getting hired by BB is not a piece of cake - patience AND perseverance is required. It can be a fun place to work IF you enjoy interacting w/ people (i.e. customers and other BB staff). Just keep in mind it IS a retail job, and the bottom-line (sales) is what's important to management.

I've been working for BB for a little while and this is what I know about the application process: The personality quiz is the same test used by several other retail companies. There are 3 possible results for the test...1. Green - applicant "passed" (majority of responses were acceptable) & is OK for interviews w/managers; 2. Yellow - Didn't "pass" but didn't "fail"; 3. Red - "Failed," responses not acceptable, & 'not hirable.'

Based your conversation w/ the hiring manager, if it seems she did not give you a clear response (other than to re-apply in a month), it's POSSIBLE you didn't pass the personality test part of the application. If you decide to reapply, when you go through the personality test - Try to respond w/ "STRONG" agree or disagree answers as often as possible (I didn't the first time I took the test and got a "yellow" result). And don't over think your answers to the questions- if you ONLY respond how you THINK BB wants you to respond, you may find the job isn't a good fit for you in the long run.

Previous retail and/or sales is a plus (along w/ a good reference from your previous job) when you INTERVIEW for a position (that's what they usually list for the reqs when they post a job opening), but what they WANT when U apply is someone who is outgoing, willing to engage customers and make them happy w/ their shopping experience.

Don't be discouraged by the initial response from the hiring manager. Unless you feel comfortable pushing the issue w. the HR contact Re: finding out your application/test result - Take their suggestion and wait 30 days, then re-apply. Once completed, contact the store until you receive a definitive response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Hey everyone,

Just got called to go to orientation today. After looking through all these posts regarding the timing of each event (i.e. being called for 1st, 2nd, 3rd interview, etc) my experience totally pales in comparison. Here is my outline of what happened (thanks Spence for makeing it already :))

Applied: Wednesday, July 23.
Received call to come in to interview ("1st interview"): Thursday, July 24 (1 day after filling out online application).

Then I was told that if i was found as a match for Best buy they will call me for the second interview by thursday of the week after the interview (July 31). But no one called so i officially lost hope. Sunday comes around and I see a missed call on my cell with a voice mail. In the voice mall was the supervisor from geek squad telling me that he looked over my resume and was "pretty impressive" so he wanted to schedule a second interview. So I scheduled it for the tuesday that week

2nd interview: Tuesday, August 5.

So i have the interview with the Geek Squad supervisor and a Manager from Mobile, asks same questions people posted here, and then tells me that the General Manager will call within 48 hrs to schedule the third and final interview. Being armed with info from this board i was ecstatic to know that i got the job!! But the call never came. I waited till the following week monday to call back and ask if my application was "dumped" and the GS (Geek Squad) supervisor said that it hasn't and that I am still the primary runner for the position at GS but that that he was so busy with being a man short since they lost a guy that he just didn't have the time to see his GM and drop of the application package. But he assured me that by Friday (aug. 15) i will get that call. Friday rolls around and guess what? no call. I wait, losing hope again and then decide that i will call one last time and just forget about this job. So i call again a week from that Friday (aug. 22) (CONT POST BELOW)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

And the GS supervisor informs me that his GM is out of the state but he will try and see if he can get another manager to do the interview for me. He once again assured me that it is nothing to do with my application but rather the bad timing between him and his manager. He said that he will call by Monday (aug 18). Monday comes around and no call. I was sorta getting used to all of this and just decided to wait it out. One week and a half pass by and i already started to look elsewhere for a job (because i needed income for car insurance , school books, etc) when low and behold i get a call from the GM on August 28! We do the interview the next day. He asks me about stealing, and talks about how much he can pay me. I take the drug test on Saturday and I get the call today (Sept. 3) about coming in for orientation on Saturday. So there you have it folks. I guess my application was a fluke in the normal process. But I'm happy i finally got it! So don't be discouraged if you see it's taking a long time. Just be patient and call back a week from the interview to see whats happening with your application.

Question: When do u actually get your start date and schedule?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Spence in Austin, Texas

73 months ago

Congrats on finally getting the job. Hopefully all of the trouble you went through will be worth it.

Your "start date" is your orientation date. You'll get a normal schedule as soon as your supervisor gets around to scheduling you. I've heard that it varies at every store, but it took about two weeks before I got my blue shirt and was actually on the schedule. When I first started I came in whenever they needed me and clocked my hours manually. They also had all of the new hires wear a white shirt and khakis for the first couple of weeks. This is so you won't be rushed by customers right off the bat, giving you time to become acclimated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Peter Leo in Somerville, Massachusetts

73 months ago

Looks good on this end. I applied on Friday (Sep 5) and got a call the next day to come in. So I had an my interview with the first manager, everything seemed to go smoothly then he told me to just hang around the store for a while and wait to be called in for the 3rd interview. After 45 mins the GM called me in and I had my interview with him pretty much the same questions. I filled out a sheet which asked what hours I'd be available to work and said he'd call me on Wed to tell me whether or not I got the job. Everything looked like it went perfectly. He asked a question that I couldn't really answer off the top of my head so I said "Wow, I honestly don't have an answer for that off the top of my head. It's funny when I'm driving home it'll pop in my head haha" That got a laugh out of him. So does the 3rd interview pretty much mean I have the job?

Steven890 in Staten Island, New York

73 months ago

Hey everyone,
Just got the call today to come in for my final interview with the Gm. I have to go this Thrus (Sept 7). It took 11 days from my initial interview to get the call so don't lose hope! I'll let everyone know how this interview goes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Peter Leo in Somerville, Massachusetts

73 months ago

Well, it's Wed and no call from Best Buy. Looks like the position was filled I guess.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kaligdren in Dixon, California

73 months ago

Alrighty, let me get my piece of the cake too!

My name is Jay, and I'm 16 years old. I'm in HighSchool in the 11th grade, and lately I've had the ambition to get a part time job somewhere. A friend of mine insists that I go work at BestBuy, and I've read the comments, and It seems like a pretty chill place to work, part time.

I want to know these few things.
1.) Am I even old enough to work there lol, Im in California.
2.) I have a good amount of knowledge when it comes to computers, am I already Geek Squad certified? Even though Im 16?
3.) Is the salary worth the work? I am trying to save up for my car, and I am also in school, so I dont want to make some sacrifices of my own time to go work somewhere where I'm not even getting paid decently.
4.) Will I get money taken off my paycheck? I asked my parents this, and they told me I wouldnt, since I dont have to pay bills, and such. I want to make sure that I get good money so I can save up for my car

Once again, thank you to anyone who can answer these questions, Good Luck to everyone applying / working at Bestbuy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

alex

73 months ago

Okay so here's my situation. I was at my other job. I ended up helping a Supervisor For BB. She came in the next day and told her Manager about me and he told her to tell me that I have a job waiting for me if I want it. So I applied yesterday. Gave the supervisor all the info she said she would be in contact with me.

My concern is I didn't pass personality test. And if I did why haven't I heard back from them. I don't need the job but I want a second job only part time since I already have one full time job just want money to blow on gaming and entertainment.
Okay now back to subject should I got back in and talk to supervisor? Or SM Or GM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

GeekSquadAgent in Surprise, Arizona

72 months ago

Just got through with the geek squad interviews **yawn so easy** this is how it pretty much went down. First interview was like " what do you know about computers"..blew his mind with all my info " have you ever built a computer" ..yup of course.. " why do you wanna work for geek squad" ..because its an entry level tech job which while help me out in the future as i study for network and communicatin management..well thats all the computer questions. called for the second interview and met the manager who completely knew nothing about the geek squad LOL. "yeaa id like to eventually move up in the company and become a double agent or a certified special agent" his exact words.... "Double agent what is that"... i dont know if he was joking or not lol. he was totally more into sports than computers from what he told me. Well i pretty much impressed him. Went to do my drug test and should be getting my call for orientation soon. just some questions though.

1) anyone know what kind of tuition reimbursement they give
2) I have extensive knowledge in computer and i heard most people working there are kinda brain dead.. does this signify a good possibility of moving up pretty quick?
3) anyone know how long it takes for a raise or "promotion" to Fulltime

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

rey dinapo in South San Francisco, California

72 months ago

There is a Best Buy opening up near my area where I live. I applied online just about a week ago from last Friday. The Best Buy is still in construction, and I'm not sure when I should receive a call. How long should I wait before calling them and asking about my application status?

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Id call tomorrow. Better sooner than later

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Greg in Sarasota, Florida said: I've had a lot of trouble with Best Buy's hiring process. I applied to two Best Buys. Both of them called me in days. However, I managed to miss both calls. The people left messages saying to call them back and gave me their names.
It has been two weeks of me calling Best Buy trying to get in touch with these people, and I still havn't spoken to either of them. I always get a sales associate who says they're either not there or they are busy, and they ask if I want to leave a message, name, and number. I do, and I have done so about 5 times for each store. I havn't gotten a call back from either. I have to wonder if these people are getting my messages. I even went to one of the stores and found the person I was supposed to talk to, she said she "couldn't do it tonight" because she had to cover customer services, and that I should call her monday. I have no idea if "it" = an interview. I called the store monday and they said she was at another store for the day. Since then no one ever seems to know where she is or when she works.
Should I give up on this job and move on or keep trying? Is there someone else I should ask for? Is going to the store to look for them considered tacky?

lol sounds like your just having horrible luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.