How to get a job at Best Buy.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1501 to 1550 of 1699)
Page:  « First « Previous   28  29  30  31  32  33  34  Next »   Last »

mobiblu07 in Virginia

25 months ago

Molly in Burnsville, Minnesota said: I know it can be worrying but it doesn't sound like its you. I was hired at Best Buy 3 years ago.Yes it is true Bestbuy is changing around their positions, they did this right before I started too, so its nothing on you more of the pressure they have to get certain things done. It did take a while before I had my interview because they had just hired a new manager overseeing that area. Overtime I have been in a position which I did phone interviews for future employees. Last year we had a lot of movement at our store and was unable to make time to have interviews so I was asked to call 20 canidates and tell them we would have to reschedule. A few weeks later we did, and it was because one manager had a family emergency, one was moving to another store and the others had to help support the store. So its nothing on you. Good luck!

Molly thank you so much for that info. It seems that if the GM does not give you the offer after you have interview with him or her then you didn't get the job. As I applied to another location and I was called by the store and given a phone interview, after that I got schedule for an interview at the store. After the interview with one of the managers I was interviewed by the Geek squad supervisor after that I was given to the GM and after the interview with the GM he gave me the paperwork for the drug test. I got the job and it took one day. Awesome.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JRoby in Rockford, Illinois

24 months ago

My Experience/Schedule So Far..

8/1/12 - Applied online
8/9/12 - 1st Interview (Phone)
8/11/12 - 2nd Interview (InPerson - Sales Manager)
8/21/12 - 3rd Interview (InPerson - General Manager)

It is now 8/15/12. So I'm waiting on the 3rd one. I'm excited. The phone interview was kind of awkward I was out of town in Chicago and I couldn't come in right away. So I thought they wouldn't call back but they call back the next day. The 2nd interview was really cool. Its was at 2pm on a Saturday which I thought was weird but I came 15 minutes early and actually started 5 minutes before 2pm. I met with the sales manager Doug. He was real cool and asked a lot about my last job which was Disney Quest in Orlando. Doug asked questions about what I like working with a team and dislike about it and how did I dealt with a angry customer. I think did well with the questions. He then confirm the time I was available and which departments I like to work. I told him Videogames, Cameras, and Computers. He then told me that I will meet the GM and thats the last interview and pretty much he decides on what department he wants to put me in. It was a lady who schedule the first interview will also be the lady to schedule the interview with the GM. He told me that she'll do it on Sunday (Which was the next day). Well she didn't call me on Sunday and I waited until Tuesday evening to call to see whats going on and they said the lady was off Monday and Tuesday. I left my name and number with a message. She called me today, which is Wednesday. The interview with the GM is this upcoming Tuesday.

I read before 3rd Interview pretty much means you are in. It see like this whole process of getting hired is taking a month to do. So I guess you have to be patient. If I do get the job I know I have to do a drug test and wait to they hire the rest of the crew.

mobiblu07 in Virginia

24 months ago

To Jroby

As far as I know it is not a guarantee that you got the job. The GM will do an interview like the previous manager, The GM will see if he or she likes you and that you are a good fit for the team. If you look good and that you are able to do the job then you will get the drug papers, Don't forget if the GM asks what should happen to an employee if you see him steeling. The only answer to that is that the employee must be fired on the spot. Good luck and keep us inform.

Brean in Gainesville, Florida

24 months ago

Hello! I applied for Best Buy online.
I've heard about them making big changes in the company.
Anyway, about a week or two after I applied for a part time customer service position, I received a missed call. No voicemail. I called back to find out that it was Best Buy who called. Disappointed that a voicemail wasn't left, I asked for the HR manager. As I suspected, he called me to discuss my application.

He asked me a few questions, I assume this was an "interview" and asked me to come in the next day for an interview with a manager.

I arrived to Best Buy in business casual and had an interview with two managers.
The interview went well and sure enough I was hired on the SPOT!

(and I always thought I sucked at interviews) Apparently the position is a new never been before position and I was the first person to get the job. There was a person interviewing before me...so to hear that I was the first one hired was great. My interview was on tuesday.

I went to take a drug test the same day and today is Friday and I got a call saying that I was good on my background check and drug test and so I now officially work for Best Buy.

Orientation for me starts on Tuesday but I will be working Sunday....which is a little odd, but I like to show that I am available and dependable, so why not?

I guess it depends on you, the position, and your interview.

RAThousand in Farmingdale, New York

23 months ago

Is it normal to have to retake the assessment every time you apply for a different position or location at best buy? I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong, but I am signed into the best buy careers page. I mean, I'll do all the assessments if I have to, but I just want to make sure I'm not wasting an hour of my time for every different position/location I apply to foolishly.

Taustin10030 in New York, New York

22 months ago

I want to work at Best Buy, but how can I pass the personality test,or what are they looking for to hire me,I have no retail or sales experience?Thank You

Paintballchick in Naples, Florida

22 months ago

Okay,
So quick question!
I have already gone through all 3 interviews, signed the paper for my pay and took the drug test the same day I did my 2nd & 3rd interview!
It has been a week since I did the drug test, how long does it take for Best Buy to call you back to set up orientation??
Should I wait it out, or call them to see what's going on??
Thanks!!

mobiblu07 in Virginia

22 months ago

Taustin10030

To Austine

What I would do if I were you. I will answer the questions strongly agree and strongly disagree. Click on the following link hope it helps

answers.yahoo.com/question/index? q i d=2 0 0 9 0 1 1 4 0 7 5 4 0 0 A A K I 3 R q

and don't worry about experience I was interviewing when I meet this young lady and she didn't have no experience and we both got hired the same day. Good luck

mobiblu07 in Virginia

22 months ago

Paintballchick in Naples, Florida said: Okay,
So quick question!
I have already gone through all 3 interviews, signed the paper for my pay and took the drug test the same day I did my 2nd & 3rd interview!
It has been a week since I did the drug test, how long does it take for Best Buy to call you back to set up orientation??
Should I wait it out, or call them to see what's going on??
Thanks!!

What I would do is wait for about 10 days from the day that you took the drug test and once that happens call them up and say "Hello my names is
"your name here" and I took the drug test on "the day that you took the test" and please would you let me know when will be the day for my orientation? and see what they say. Don't ask them I want to know if I passed the drug test or not. That will sound to them that you are not sure if you passed the drug test. Hope this helps

22 months ago

mobiblu07 in Virginia said: What I would do is wait for about 10 days from the day that you took the drug test and once that happens call them up and say "Hello my names is
"your name here" and I took the drug test on "the day that you took the test" and please would you let me know when will be the day for my orientation? and see what they say. Don't ask them I want to know if I passed the drug test or not. That will sound to them that you are not sure if you passed the drug test. Hope this helps

Thank you very much!!
I know I passed the drug and background check with flying colors, so I'm not worried about that! I'm excited to start working!!! I didn't know if they are waiting for more people to get in a group for orientation or what!

:)

Taustin10030 in New York, New York

22 months ago

mobiblu07 in Virginia said: Taustin10030

To Austine

What I would do if I were you. I will answer the questions strongly agree and strongly disagree. Click on the following link hope it helps

answers.yahoo.com/question/index? q i d=2 0 0 9 0 1 1 4 0 7 5 4 0 0 A A K I 3 R q

and don't worry about experience I was interviewing when I meet this young lady and she didn't have no experience and we both got hired the same day. Good luck

@mobiblu07 the link didn't work,but the advice you gave thank you!

Lala in Gainesville, Florida

22 months ago

I'm disappointed that someone would give answers to a simple personality test. It's common sense. Just answer with the most professional and customer friendly answers.

As for the person inquiring about their application.... It took a few days for me to find out the results. I think it was a week before I started orientation. Just call and ask about orientation. If that store is hiring multiple people, they may just be waiting for everyone to be hired in and situated so everyone can go to orientation together.
So for you, it's simple, just call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

That's okay, good luck getting hired :)

22 months ago

Update:
Called and talked to someone at Best Buy about me taking the drug test a week ago, they said that they are waiting for a certain amount of people to come in together for orientation, so I will get a call soon!!! I'm very excited to get the call and start working for Best Buy!!!

22 months ago

See, simple :) congrats. It's a fun and neat place to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mobiblu07 in Virginia

22 months ago

Taustin10030 in New York, New York said: @mobiblu07 the link didn't work,but the advice you gave thank you!

try again or go to answers.yahoo.com

and type the search term "Those online job assessment questions for retails (Best Buy, Borders, etc)?"

For you to find the answers to the assessment. Hope this helps.

22 months ago

How long does it normally take for them to call back for orientation?
I wrote previously, but still no call yet.
For people that have already been through this process, how long did it take?

OmarGB9 in Texas

22 months ago

So I had an interview today, with a supervisor or a department manager. Anyway, I don't think I had a stellar interview, but I think it went fairly well. I sort of had to make up my answers, since I wasn't expecting them to ask me those "what would you do if this and this happened" or "talk about a time you went the extra mile" because I have no prior retail experience. Regardless, I thanked her for her time and I did ask her some questions at the end, and I made her smile and laugh a bit, and she did mention setting me up for an interview with the GM (twice in fact) who was currently out of town, so I'm wondering, what are my chances of getting the final interview/getting hired? Does it mean anything that she mentioned an interview with the GM a couple of times? Any help is appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mobiblu07 in Virginia

22 months ago

Paintballchick in Naples, Florida said: How long does it normally take for them to call back for orientation?
I wrote previously, but still no call yet.
For people that have already been through this process, how long did it take?

Shouldn't take more than a week 10 days tops. If still no call for orientation call them and ask them when it will start. Good luck.

Satan's Little Helper in Vallejo, California

22 months ago

For anyone wondering about the the hiring process, the answer is: It varies. For me, I feel as though I had to fight my way in. I didn't hear anything from anyone after I submitted my application.

Week 1. I called the store several times asking for a manager and funny enough, none were available. EVER.

Week 2. I said "eff it" and threw on my slacks, dress shoes, dress shirt, tie, and biked myself over to the store (about a 20min bike ride). I get there and ask for a manager: they tell me she'll be there in 2 days. 2 days later I do the same thing and by some touch of Jesus or Buddha or Unicorn Fairy she's there! Not only is she there, she tells me "We usually do phone interviews first but since you're already here I'll go ahead and do the interview now" WTF?! This is a good WTF by the way. First time that's happened to me and I'm pretty sure my attire had a lot to do with it.

The following weeks I was told that I'd be set up for my 2nd and 3rd interviews both of which I had to KEEP calling and asking for the initial interviewer because she is TERRIBLE at following up. I called her one time to see what was up with the FIRST INTERVIEW she was supposed to set up and she wasn't available so I left a message to call me back. Heard nothing the next day. So I call back AGAIN the next day (2 days later) and she tells me flat out "Oh yeah I forgot sorry I'll do it now!" ...OK ..It was pretty much like this even after my drug test up until my orientation, which is tomorrow! So look, I'm not saying my experience is the sum of all experiences because I've seen much better and much worse (Just on this site!) but I will say if you really want the job, sometimes you need to show just how much. And seeing how Best Buy has an almost elitist sense of pride of being "The Best" being persistent can only help. Don't be nervous during the interviews. Sit up, don't fidget, and if they jump at you, don't flinch! Just answer the questions and relax. All of them are friendly.

22 months ago

Oh yeah, just a tip for the younger guys or even guys like me who just doesn't really care about "professional" attire.

Even though I LOATHE ties, when you are applying for a job, inquiring about a job, or even if you're going in to ask about a FUTURE job possibility, ALWAYS WEAR A TIE!

Also, ALWAYS (if you can) address ALL employment questions with a MANAGER. Even if you're just dropping off an application.

Dress like you're going in for an interview because you never know, they just may give you one on the spot like they did for me! (See previous comment). Plus, it leaves a good taste in their mouth when they think about you after the fact.

Anyway, I hope this helped.

22 months ago

Satan's Little Helper-
How long from drug test to orientation did it take?
It's has been 2 weeks from the day I took my drug test, I've called and I was told that they have to wait for more tests to come back to do orientation.
I'm not sure what else I can do besides keep calling.

22 months ago

Paintballchick in Naples, Florida said: Satan's Little Helper-
How long from drug test to orientation did it take?
It's has been 2 weeks from the day I took my drug test, I've called and I was told that they have to wait for more tests to come back to do orientation.
I'm not sure what else I can do besides keep calling.

Well I was able to get orientation the within the same week.

BUT, other factors play into getting into the orientation (Not necessarily related to you). If they told you they're waiting for more tests then calling them won't speed it up. I'd say keep calls to once a week (If you speak with a manager, otherwise keep calling until you reach one. THEN don't call until the next week). Aside from your tests, they also have to wait for results of other prospects and get them set up like they are for you so they can actually have an orientation. But I will say that if you haven't heard anything since your drug test, that's good. It means you passed and you will be working there soon. Just be patient. Maybe wait another 10 business days before you call the first time again so you don't seem impatient and hard at hearing since neither you OR they can speed up the tests.

22 months ago

Satan's Little Helper in Vallejo, California said: Well I was able to get orientation the within the same week.

BUT, other factors play into getting into the orientation (Not necessarily related to you). If they told you they're waiting for more tests then calling them won't speed it up. I'd say keep calls to once a week (If you speak with a manager, otherwise keep calling until you reach one. THEN don't call until the next week). Aside from your tests, they also have to wait for results of other prospects and get them set up like they are for you so they can actually have an orientation. But I will say that if you haven't heard anything since your drug test, that's good. It means you passed and you will be working there soon. Just be patient. Maybe wait another 10 business days before you call the first time again so you don't seem impatient and hard at hearing since neither you OR they can speed up the tests.

Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to respond :)
I think my biggest thing is I'm putting off other job offers because I don't know when BB will call me.
Ugh :(
I guess I will wait it out.

22 months ago

No problem at all. :)

And I understand. I hate the waiting in limbo part of the job process.

Jai Cameron in Chicago, Illinois

21 months ago

Can anyone suggest when should I inquire about a position after the holiday season?

kajol7 in Washington, District of Columbia

21 months ago

I had been applying for best buy since I turned 16. I finally got my orientation tomorrow I'm so excited. I just want to know if I'm going to have to purchase my blue shirt or do they give them to us. Also do they come in extra small??

ARtech in Honolulu, Hawaii

21 months ago

Jai Cameron in Chicago, Illinois said: Can anyone suggest when should I inquire about a position after the holiday season?

Ive already asked. Ive been there for only 5 days, but I wanted more hours. They told me that they will keep the ones with the higher sales figures.

21 months ago

kajol7 in Washington, District of Columbia said: I had been applying for best buy since I turned 16. I finally got my orientation tomorrow I'm so excited. I just want to know if I'm going to have to purchase my blue shirt or do they give them to us. Also do they come in extra small??

Because they were out of my size, I had to purchase a plain blue shirt.

subievroom in San Diego, California

19 months ago

So i have applied to quite a few positions available for a couple different stores, but havent heard back from anyone yet. I am curious about how hard it has been recently to get a job with Best Buy now

19 months ago

subievroom in San Diego, California said: So i have applied to quite a few positions available for a couple different stores, but havent heard back from anyone yet. I am curious about how hard it has been recently to get a job with Best Buy now

I've only seen one job posting in our store in the last three weeks. But that is probably because we have a lot of occasional/seasonal hires still on-board. I'm one of them and I have yet to be asked to stay/leave.

subievroom in San Diego, California

19 months ago

ARtech in Honolulu, Hawaii said: I've only seen one job posting in our store in the last three weeks. But that is probably because we have a lot of occasional/seasonal hires still on-board. I'm one of them and I have yet to be asked to stay/leave.

there are positions all over in my area popping up for multiple stores.

swhmetta in austin, Texas

19 months ago

subievroom in San Diego, California said: So i have applied to quite a few positions available for a couple different stores, but havent heard back from anyone yet. I am curious about how hard it has been recently to get a job with Best Buy now

I have had 7 different Best Buy stores call me in the past month. Out of the 7, i have had 2 face to face, 2 video web interviews, and the rest were phone interviews. I finally accepted yesterday. Out of the 7, there are still 3 others that are pending a decision. I will withdraw my application from them due to accepting with another. fyi...this was for a management position. I probably applied to 20 stores.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

willpshack in norfolk, Virginia said: Alright, I've got a resume together, when you did your interviews did you dress up . Suit and tie, or collard shirt and khakis?

ALWAYS - Suit and Tie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

halfsleep in Thiells, New York

19 months ago

So, I just had an interview today with Best Buy. After we finished, he said that he was going to be interviewing other applicants today and that if I got a call in 24 hours, then they were interested. If I don't get a call, then that means they chose someone else.

He was very specific about this.

Since he basically said, "if we don't call, don't bother", is this like a way of saying he didn't like me for the job, and just wanted to make it seem like they were sifting through candidates?

19 months ago

halfsleep in Thiells, New York said: So, I just had an interview today with Best Buy. After we finished, he said that he was going to be interviewing other applicants today and that if I got a call in 24 hours, then they were interested. If I don't get a call, then that means they chose someone else.

He was very specific about this.

Since he basically said, "if we don't call, don't bother", is this like a way of saying he didn't like me for the job, and just wanted to make it seem like they were sifting through candidates?

Each store is so different. I had one in Colorado interview me by phone. It went well. I then heard back about a week later. She stated that she was going to repost to get some more applicants, and then she'd sift through. In other words, I wasn't good enough, so let me see if I can find someone better. I withdrew my application at that point. I accepted the same position in a different State. The problem is, I just visited the town and it sucks. I wouldn't want to live there more than a year. I'd be interested in hearing about transfers, merit increases, bonuses, etc...

Sarah001 in Front Royal, Virginia

18 months ago

So, I recently applied for BB. I received a phone call within 3 days scheduling an interview. The lady I spoke with did not do a phone interview. I go in for my interview answer some questions and she asked if I was available to come back later that day for a second interview. I said sure. I go back a couple of hours later and interview with a different manager. I was nervous and the whole time people kept coming in and talking. Also, the lady that interviewed me earlier came in and started talking and interrupting. I'm sure I completely bombed the interview because of my nervousness. When I left the lady told me she would call me when she figured out when the GM would be available. It's been 5 days and I haven't heard a word from them. I'm thinking about waiting until Monday and giving them a call back since that will be a week. Should I just assume that they have gotten busy and haven't been able to call back?

tushster in Fremont, California

18 months ago

I have applied to Best Buy countless times hoping one of those times would provide me with an opportunity. Never once did anyone call me regarding next steps (ie. interview). I reapplied this past week and this time, I decided to take the first step and follow-up by walking into the store I applied to and speaking to the hiring manager. He told me he was going to check and see whether the position I applied for was actually available or not. A few days later, another manager called me and did a phone screen interview briefly asking about any previous employment experience (which she should've had since I put it on my application) and number of hours I was hoping to work. I'm still waiting to get final word and see whether an actual face-to-face interview will occur. The bottom line is, if you apply and don't hear back within a week, don't assume the position is unavailable. Call in and speak to a manager and follow up with your application. Many of these big box giants won't take the first step.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andrew1993 in Middletown, New York

17 months ago

So I have the third interview with the GM this week. Does this mean I'm getting the job. Also does any one know the starting pay for geek squad?

torrynsmom in Baytown, Texas

17 months ago

Okay so I've been reading all of the recent posts on this forum and honestly I think that every Best Buy store is different when it comes to hiring. If you took the drug test and you haven't done drugs and you're waiting for the call back then you already have the job. Just wait for the call. As for 1st 2nd and 3rd interviews, I only had 2 interviews and I was hired on the second one. I think that the interviews depend on how qualified that they think you are for the job that you are applying for. I applied for cashier and I got sales associate in gaming, cameras, and appliances. The others applying for the job at the same time as me, had 3 interviews so that's why I think it's based on what they think you are qualified for. I am also waiting for the call after the drug test and it's been 2 days. Hope this helps!

svetlanamirolovskaya in North Charleston, South Carolina

17 months ago

Andrew1993 in Middletown, New York said: So I have the third interview with the GM this week. Does this mean I'm getting the job. Also does any one know the starting pay for geek squad?

If they give having you take a drug test, there is a good chance for you to get the spot. It took me almost 3 weeks to get my orientation and my orientation starts on thursday 4th april.

sbm2009 in Palmdale, California

17 months ago

Deli in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: Better improve your grammar.

Spelling is horrible too.

sbm2009 in Palmdale, California

17 months ago

subievroom in San Diego, California said: there are positions all over in my area popping up for multiple stores.

I applied to those same ones and haven't heard anything.

CMPunkBITW in Houston, Texas

14 months ago

Hey guys. I applied to Best Buy a few days ago. Doing the online application, wasn't too bad. It didn't take that long. I included my resume, as well. I applied on Sunday: June 17th. I haven't heard anything, as of yet. I plan on calling the store this week to check on the status of my application. I feel that am I qualified for the position. The qualifications are: 3-6 months working in customer service or sales, 18yrs of age or older, and a high school diploma. I'm praying to the good Lord above that I get this job lol. I love technology and love interacting with customers and helping them with their needs. So, this would be the ideal job for me. Is the first interview always done over the phone? Or is there a chance that they'll call me and tell me to simply come to the store?

Ty in Frisco, Texas

14 months ago

Ok I just applied for Cashier. The job was posted 2 weeks ago. Does that mean that I could have a good chance of getting the job? Also when I filled out the application I didn't get asked to put any reference's down. Has that happened to any of you all? Also I have almost 3 months experience but it says under basic requirments 3-6 months. Will that keep me from getting the job? And when should I expect to get a call and if I don't get a call within a couple of days should I call and ask to speak to the manager about the status of my job application? Thank you!

Ty in Frisco, Texas

14 months ago

CMPunkBITW in Houston, Texas said: Hey guys. I applied to Best Buy a few days ago. Doing the online application, wasn't too bad. It didn't take that long. I included my resume, as well. I applied on Sunday: June 17th. I haven't heard anything, as of yet. I plan on calling the store this week to check on the status of my application. I feel that am I qualified for the position. The qualifications are: 3-6 months working in customer service or sales, 18yrs of age or older, and a high school diploma. I'm praying to the good Lord above that I get this job lol. I love technology and love interacting with customers and helping them with their needs. So, this would be the ideal job for me. Is the first interview always done over the phone? Or is there a chance that they'll call me and tell me to simply come to the store?

Did you know that you can go online and check to see the status of your job application? Do that first and if it still says open then give the store a call or go in and talk to the manager in person.

mary stewart in Plattsburgh, New York

14 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Best Buy? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I'm wondering if employees can carry and use their cell phones at work. What is starting salaries?

Ty in Frisco, Texas

14 months ago

bnevcations in Abilene, Texas said: or ty in frisco missed you as i was scrolling through were trying to branch out our company so send me an email in the post above and ill get back to you shortly

no thanks im trying to work at best buy. no where else.

Ty in Frisco, Texas

14 months ago

Last night i got a call from one of the best buy's i applied at. I was at work so i couldnt answer so she left a voicemnail to call back if i was interested and i did and left a message. im going to call back today and try to speak to her. she wants to setup an interview with me.

mark77 in Chino, California

14 months ago

On my fist day of orientation tomorrow will be my second day and i guess will have to take a test on what we learned, is it just common sense or is it hard at all?

Page:  « First « Previous   28  29  30  31  32  33  34  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.