Any indicators telling me I got the job?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Raynor Raider 22 in South Carolina

63 months ago

I applied for a Sales Associate Position at my local Best Buy Store. I got past the first interview with HR and had a 2nd interview with the GM and Department head. After the interview I was told that I would be contacted within 48 hours since HR (supposedly) was not there that day. There was no discussion of wage, although hours of availability were discussed. I know Best Buy uses a "three interview" process but I was wondering how some folks were feeling about the interview as described above. Usually when they say, they will call you it means you didn't get the job. Maybe it is wishful thinking, but perhaps they combined the 2nd and 3rd interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

E in Chesterfield, Missouri

63 months ago

Hi.

I just had my 2nd interview for Best Buy today.

The first interview was the first few questions they asked you on the phone. The third interview is actually the one with the GM. That was your last interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Elaina Walker in Los Angeles, California

63 months ago

The HR process sometimes takes a lot of time. May be there were too many people who applied for the same post as you did. Then the HR has to consolidate the results of everyone's all 3 rounds of interview. Also the HR has to see the feedback of the Manager. Considering everything the candidate would be decided. Also the other reason might be that the interview is still not over. So don't worry, the HR always has to be patient while deciding about whom to select. So may be that's the reason for which they asked for time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Raynor Raider 22 in South Carolina

63 months ago

Still nothing yet. I tried to contact the GM regarding the status of things and no reply. Is it normal for BB to take this long with something of this sort or is this their way of saying "you didn't get the job". I was told that I was going to be contacted after 48 hours but it's been 4 days since I last spoke with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Idris in Toronto, Ontario

26 months ago

Hey Raynor, I know this is late but did you end up getting the job? I'm pretty much in the same position right now

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ctell310 in Torrance, California

11 months ago

It took me a total of eight days, to get the job, actually they gave me a job offer on my first interview the same day, pending background and drug screen that was this year I know This is an older Post , I'm just curious did you get the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.