Biogen Idec Job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Allison in San Diego, California

99 months ago

Does anybody know anything about how to ge a job at Biogen Idec in San Diego? I've applied for a position I'm more than qualified for but I can't contact anyone to follow-up on it. Does anybody know the name of any of the Human Resources employees? I just want to talk to a live person!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in La Jolla, California

98 months ago

I have been some jobs are showing for more than a year. I am pretty close to the description, but no response to many of my submissions. Got to know some names of people who worked, sent to them with no response. Go to pubmed, will find publications from Biogen then e-mail those folks, perhaps you will be lucky.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in San Diego, California

96 months ago

Generally speaking, the jobs from these types of companies posted on job sites such as monster.com and hotjobs.com already have a pool of candidates referred to them by headhunters, referalls and the like.

The only reason they announce these jobs to the public is to make sure they cover all their bases from an HR perspective to comply with EEO guidelines.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

HR in La Jolla, California

96 months ago

Allison in San Diego, California said: Does anybody know anything about how to ge a job at Biogen Idec in San Diego? I've applied for a position I'm more than qualified for but I can't contact anyone to follow-up on it. Does anybody know the name of any of the Human Resources employees? I just want to talk to a live person!

Hi, I worked as HR for some biotechs around here and know some tricks:

1- As an Asian-run company, Biogen Idec, will pick up only asian candidates, which is illegal because discriminatory according to race, specially here in the US. Try to put Wang or Feng in you name and u will receive an answer.

2- Another reason, is that Biogen Idec is just faking the fact that the company is in a good shape and that it is hiring tens of people (which is hard to believe, how a small biotech company has so many employment opportunities? more than all pharmaceutical giants around here combined?).

3- A third reason is that Biogen Idec is using Job search engines as a cheap, but dishonest, way of advertizing the name of their company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

Frank in Watertown, Massachusetts

95 months ago

Allison in San Diego, California said: Does anybody know anything about how to ge a job at Biogen Idec in San Diego? I've applied for a position I'm more than qualified for but I can't contact anyone to follow-up on it. Does anybody know the name of any of the Human Resources employees? I just want to talk to a live person!

You need a good recruiter!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jean in Encinitas, California

95 months ago

Join LinkedIn network. It is a great networking tool, and then asked all your friends to join. You never know who knows who knows who. Through 2 of my direct contacts, I am being put in touch with 2 of the recruiters from Biogen Idec. I hope this helps. It's interesting to see who your friends and business associates are connected too.

Anonymous in Detroit, Michigan

95 months ago

If you are considering for a med chem position (Cambridge, MA), beware of a rude Taiwanese guy. He has been with the company for more than 15 years... He is simply a moron... I believe, he feels threatened to hire someone that is smarter and had more scientific and leadership capabilities... Unless this guy is out, the place is not going to be good... Hopefully, the leaders above him recognize his attitude and redress it. Also, I felt other employees are not happy with him.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

GNM in Graham, North Carolina

86 months ago

Somehow I doubt you were a member of HR for any reputable company, considering you can't even string together a coherent sentence with proper spelling. Not to mention one would hope that a true HR professional would make such ridiculously insensitive statements as "put Wang or Feng in your name."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AF in MA in Las Vegas, Nevada

83 months ago

What a wonderful way to use a networking tool. I have just been introduced to Linked-in recently and find it helpful!

I have recently applied for a marketing position in Biogen. I am also Asian. Would you be willing to forward some of the HR contact information? That wiuydl be very helpful! thanks!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.